Devansh Saharan

Sadhguru on psychedelics.

241 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, Rinne said:

@Leo Gura Do you think as a human being we could only tap into so much imagination? Would you say that one would have to die to get full access to the full power of imagination? 

I think there are serious limits for human beings, yes.

I have yet to see a guru sprout wings and fly off into the sunset. Until I see that, I will assume there are serious limits.

But there are no limits for God proper. Since of course God invented all the birds.

This problem arises simply due to a natural conflict of being a thing. To be a thing one must be that thing to the exclusion of other things. To be a human means that you are not a bird, and vice versa. The mistake people make is that they overlook the self-imposed limits of God's design. If God decides to create a dog, you cannot then say, "But why can't God also give it wings?" Because a dog is not supposed to have wings! Such thinking is the ego-mind's silly fantasies. The dog is God, but that does not mean that a dog has the power to grow wings at will. Even though God does have that power. A dog is God in a very specific, limited form, so it is bounded by that form. If God wishes to be unbounded, then it will cease being a dog. But then you will not be able to see it or interact with it in any way. Interaction requires form requires limitation.

The reason the Godhead is so hard to find is because it is everywhere and nowhere. So you cannot pinpoint it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Rinne Sadhguru, just trust him. He goes to account to your level of love, discernment and devotion.

Guys, you're still arguing with Leo about the obvious.

Just take back authority for your life, and stop listening to anyone.

You're creating your own chains. Be free.

Edited by Truth Addict

3 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

+1

13 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

The wierd thing is, in a sense, that which you are calling 'yourself' who will figure this stuff out IS the greatest and only obstacle to ever reach the destination.

Its like you've caught hold of a crocodile who has convinced you to take you to the other side of the river ?

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Preetom 

The more we talk/think about it, the further we get from it.

Silence, meditation, and isolation are all that's required.

Edited by Truth Addict

18 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

I have yet to see a guru sprout wings and fly off into the sunset. Until I see that, I will assume there are serious limits.

Apparently, Swami Vivekananda's guru turned himself into a female. He even menstruated. It has been recorded. I just came across this video

10 minutes ago, Chi_ said:

Apparently, Swami Vivekananda's guru turned himself into a female. He even menstruated. It has been recorded. I just came across this video

Man he was an out of world being. The things he did, no one would believe.

He had an insane level of visualization ability. Talk about "whatever you visualize, you materialize". 100% master of subjective reality.

I remember reading an exchange where someone asked Ramakrishna how to deal with the irresistable temptation towards women?

In reply he said something along the lines of "its simple. I have overcome it by seeing myself as the handmaiden of God". He even dressed like a woman, thats how powerful his visualization and conviction was.

He did many 'weird' stuff all throughout his life. And left the mark that if one possesses a gawning desire for God, that alone is enough for god realization. He would stop at nothing to realize god.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

Superpower in the movies:

Laser beam, flying, superstrenght, teleportation, rewiding time

Superpower in real life:

Growing boobs

super-lame.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 minutes ago, Shin said:

Superpower in the movies:

Laser beam, flying, superstrenght, teleportation, rewiding time

Superpower in real life:

Growing boobs

super-lame.jpg

Lol

He also had the superpower of giving a nirvikalpa samadhi to anyone if they genuinely asked for it.

But now all will say that claim is horseshit. Thats why he gives you the boobs, at least something you can see ;)

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

1 hour ago, Chi_ said:

What do you mean menstruated, how?? and how was it was recorded?

@Garuda All I know as of now is only from the video I sent. I asked the channel how they got their sources. Will update if I get a good answer

@Devansh Saharan keep in mind that sadhguru is still just a man and [in my opinion] has a very diluted style of teaching...he likes to talk about "peripheral" topics all the time, such as relationships, life goals, culture etc. It's hard to build a business  like that when your literally building it on Nothing. However, mooji baba has a really potent and direct style, I recommend his teachings...and then actualized.org comes top of the list for accuracy. I've never seen one single place/site with so much accuracy and truth. It's truly beautiful. Leo (weather here realizes it or not) is one of the greatest prophets of God in our modern age. I'm going to be enlightened, because of HIM (me). 

And I cannot fucking WAIT to become enlightened. If you haven't already dedicated your entire life to becoming enlightened already, you must work on grasping the immensity of what lies here before you work on reaching it.

For me, the seeker must first understanding the fullness of what enlightenment means before he embarks on his journey towards it. For me, this is a crucial point...

One who embarks on his journey towards enlightenment too quickly, without a deep understand of its purpose and meaning is like the stony, shallow ground in the parable of the sower in Matthew 13:20-21(the Bible);

"Some seed fell on the stony ground. That is like a person who hears the message and right away he is glad to hear it. But it does not go down deep in his heart. He believes it for a short time. When trouble or a hard time comes because of the message, he stops believing."

There's a story about an astronaut who didn't leave himself enough fuel to blast out of Earths atmosphere, because he didn't prepare enough rocketfuel before take off...he didn't break through into zero gravity and as a result, the spacespace crashed and cost millions..and the entire program was worse off than before they launched the ship. This is a brilliant analogy like the parable of the sower for someone who begins their path with not enough understanding of the magnitude of enlightenment. 

(Check out Leo's video "the radical implications of oneness)

Edited by Aaron p

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

Man he was an out of world being. The things he did, no one would believe.

He had an insane level of visualization ability. Talk about "whatever you visualize, you materialize". 100% master of subjective reality.

I remember reading an exchange where someone asked Ramakrishna how to deal with the irresistable temptation towards women?

In reply he said something along the lines of "its simple. I have overcome it by seeing myself as the handmaiden of God". He even dressed like a woman, thats how powerful his visualization and conviction was.

He did many 'weird' stuff all throughout his life. And left the mark that if one possesses a gawning desire for God, that alone is enough for god realization. He would stop at nothing to realize god.

When I was a kid I desperately wanted to experience what it's like to be other forms of life. (the idea of breathing underwater wowed me) There were supposed spells you could find everywhere and they all focused on conviction and visualization. Interesting connection lol

The discussion about whether using psychedelics is appropriate or not is becoming a real problem and source of confusion for me. I have had 10 trips with psychedelics with proper settings, and I had been in Sadhguru's ashram for 3 months and did several of his programs, including kriya yoga, hatha yoga, mantra yoga, and shoonya meditation. Did a vipassana retreat, and right now I'm experimenting with shaktipat transmission. Tried many types of meditation and practices and watched thousands of youtube clips by spiritual teachers, and read many books.

After all of this, still I'm not clear at all about psychedelics. Teachers have conflicting views:

- Sadhguru says that they damage the energy system, and he says he has clear awareness of the layers of the body and how it works. He also says that people who do take psychedelics, don't really grow through the years. I don't know what kind of growth he's referring to.

- Teal Swan seems to have a more balanced view about them. She says they can be a tool, but also they're not for everybody. She claims to be extrasensory and to perceive the human energy body, but she doesn't say anything about possible damages to that due to psychedelics usage. here's the video https://youtu.be/22O_tvfgSF0

- Jeffery Martin, which is conducing a large scale experiment about using meditation to transition people into persistent non dual awareness, says that from their data, people who did take psychedelics struggle more in his meditation program to transition into persistent non dual consciousness.

- right now I'm taking shaktipat from a guy on the internet which has been trained by Ramaji. When I asked him about psychelelics, he said this:
1. if you did psychedelics you should wait at least one year before reciving shaktipat.
2. Psychedelics create disturbance in the energetic makeup of the body.
3. people who say that psychedelics are a desiderable tool, are not necessarely enlightened, even if they're shamans or if they claim to be.
4. He said "a true teacher wouldn't reccomend psychedelics".

- David Hawkins says that when people did take LSD with proper preparation, they only needed to take it once or twice. Here is the video https://youtu.be/I8nrC7G96j0

- Osho talks in particular about LSD, saying that the body must undergo a long specific preparation to be chemically purified, before taking the substance. https://www.osho.com/osho-online-library/osho-talks/yoga-the-mind-lsd-2cd3f038-c8c?p=013d128bd206044530c282eb82833687

I heard other teachers saying other things, but I can't remember all the sources right now. From my perspective, what the main debate seems to be is that people who claim to have awareness of the energy body say that psychedelics can be damaging to that, and I woulnd't underestimate that statement if one's goal is not just to visit deep mystical states from time to time, but to stabilyze into a higher state permanently.

On the other hand, other people seems to be very happy with what psychedelics did for them, but I don't know if these people are aware at all of sublter dimentions of their own body, and so maybe they miss where the damage is happening because they do not perceive that dimension. If there is no such thing as an energetic danger to psychedelics, why so many teachers claim that it exists? Are they just plainly lying? Seems unlikely that they're just dishonest and that they're inventing what they're saying. 

I don't have any awareness at all of the energy body, prana, astral body, aura, energetic makeup or anything like that, so I have no way of verifying what they're saying.

Edited by Matteo
not able to tag a person

@Matteo

Wow thanks for your detailed post. Many teachers talk about the effects on our system by psychedelics. But then again, literally EVERYTHING affects our system beyond we can ever trace - from the food we eat, to the environment we live in, to the people and emotions we expose ourselves to etc. 

But I can sort of see why many sages are against psychedelics. Let me state two points about it.

After all, there are two main paths to liberation.

a) the path of knowledge (direct)

b) the path of energy/causality (indirect)

1) What path of knowledge tries to do- through self-inquiry, void meditations, various attention shifting meditations- they slowly reprogram or update one's perceptual system or way of seeing over a period of years. This process is usually slow and mellow that one rarely feels any massive change all throughout the path. Then one fine morning, the nondual being becomes the norm and the very idea of a previous duality or bondage seems like a fiction, a dream that is long over.

2) On the other hand energetic paths are all about making this body-mind a better and smoother vehicle of channeling and withstanding insane amount of energy. The body-mind is prepared through practices and disciplines for years, in order to one day produce and withstand such an insane amount of energetic shock that all the false attachment and identification mechanism gets withdrawn from the nadis and it all sinks into the Heart/Reality.

So for example lets say liberation is like lighting a bulb with 5000 volatage. Now we begin as 200V bulb. The moment 5000V enters our system, it is fried and the project of god realization is failed. Then we slowly prepare again and be a 500V bulb...but again that fails...so on and so forth...until through practices our bulb(system) gets ready to withstand that 5000V. And then when we connect that bulb with that 5000V insane energy, we shine as God instead of being diffused. Various yogic practices are basically about slowly preparing the body-mind as this 5000V bulb one day.

Now Psychedelics belong to this energetic path. It is NOT a mellow thing at all. It fries ones system and turns everything upside down for a person from its metaphysics, to its way of perceiving for a time period. Its like one is remaining as a  200V bulb but connecting to the 5000V God energy over and over again. Its system is being bombarded and diffused over and over again. So in a sense, it could be the case that the possibility of this 200V bulb to ever become a good 5000V bulb is being hindered.

Maybe this is why sages were against psychedelics. They may be good for 1-2 times for a taste of God. All seekers have mellow glimpses of God here and there as they progress. But taking that 5000V god energy without preparing oneself over and over again may have severe consequences down the line; as you mentioned. It could be the case that flashy insights/realization becomes available but stabilization becomes hindered.

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Matteo Before you take someone's opinions on psychedelics seriously, ask them how many times they have done psychedelics and in what environment.

Then dimiss the opinions of everyone who has done fewer than 50 trips, since they have insufficient experience to speak about psychedelics.

If you take the opinions of people with zero psychedelic experience seriously, you will come to erronious conclusions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.