Gili Trawangan

Solipsism is NOT true

140 posts in this topic

What's funny is that Leo says that I am god and am all alone, yet he tells other people the exact same thing. If it were true, he should only be addressing me and would make me admin of the forum etc.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

1 minute ago, whoareyou said:

I would agree with this, as I noticed some of this. It seems like the ego likes to hi-jack experiences and then likes to talk about how deep, etc it went and how it's the special one(like nobody ever experienced this before, etc). Happens especially with people who take psychedelics.

You see, for the EGO, it's very radical and crazy, but for GOD - it is the norm. When you integrate the things and become more GODlike - it will be something that is normal and you won't have any need to talk about how "crazy" it was, etc. 

Martin Ball talks about it in his book as well. At some point I think LEO will come to realize this

Yes, exactly! Thank you for understanding and contributing. ?

nothing is anything

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Truth is unfalsifiable.

Don't forget that ;)

There is no truth.

Relative truths about the Absolute truth is absurd.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

But of course one includes two and all the rest. So in this sense it's not the standard Wikipedia version of solipsism. It's actually way more radical and insane.

How is that not your projection? How can you be sure it includes two and all the rest?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

Guys there are only perspectives.  Reality is an Absolute relativity. Whatever your perspective is, that's what reality is.  So when you awaken to being God your consciousness expands and you are able to shift your consciousness to Gods perspective.  This is what we are calling solipsism.  When you are in that perspective that's literally all there is.. all of this is in your mind.  Umar, @Shadowraix, i created and imagined all of you.  That is the highest perspective.  And when you shift to it that IS reality.  Now the shifting into full Solipsism takes a mystical experience and the realization of Oneness.    After that you have non-dual awareness in the backround that you can take on as your perspective, but it's not as powerful as the mystical experience itself.

Now anything outside of raw nowness, or actuality, from within a particular perspective, is concept and imagination.  Me explaining this to you is concept and imagination, as some of the others have pointed out.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Reality is an Absolute relativity.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Inliytened1 I thought I already did?

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@Enlightenment you have to die and become God to understand.  We cant teach this stuff.  Not really.  We can do our best with what we have. That's what his point in the video was about.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Solipsism is THE most complimentary hypothesis to take on while going through the self inquiry journey.

Whatever position you take, wherever you land on, there is this final gatekeeper(ego) in you that allows one to take the position. What is that ego?

It kills all other philosophy and distractions and put the entire chip on this 'subject'. And when the truth about this subject is known, the truth of the entirety of Reality is known

By the time you are done, you dont need solipsism as a theory or philosophy anymore because by that time, you'd directly know the Truth. 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

@Inliytened1 I've had this experience. It felt very solipsistic to me. I think it shows the truth about our own subjective experience, but we can't know yet if it shows the truth about the universe.

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@tsuki oh i just scrolled back.  You are speaking of the formless..prior to imagination or form so yes that in itself is formlessness is pure isness.  We are talking God being itself through imagining itself or knowing itself.   So in the realm of the form or imagined there is only relativity.  And that includes Gods highest perspective.  That's the Godhead in the realm of form so to speak.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

What's funny is that Leo says that I am god and am all alone, yet he tells other people the exact same thing. If it were true, he should only be addressing me and would make me admin of the forum etc.

Many layers of deception here. Have you ever been to a retreat or taken a breakthrough dosage of a psychedelic that's capable of making Truth more noticeable?

unborn Truth

@Enlightenment who is it that just thought about the universe? 

It becomes a loop because then you say well me but i didn't make up the laws of the universe so how can i be imagining it?  But you did! From Gods perspective you did!  Not from this one!  

Its so tricky.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Just now, ajasatya said:

Many layers of deception here. Have you ever been to a retreat or taken a breakthrough dosage of a psychedelic that's capable of making Truth more noticeable?

I did 2 grams of mushrooms recently and was unable to distinguish myself from the other objects in the room. It was peaceful and I just stood there staring. The trip then turned very dark and solipsistic and I realised that there is nobody else. When I went and laid down on my bed, I was picking up a really strong alien theme and there was some vague imagery associated with that. I felt terrified as if I am just torturing myself in order to know myself and this will never end.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

7 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

We are talking God being itself through imagining itself or knowing itself.

"We" are not talking.

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

You were not born as some biological creature. You simply imagined your parents and hallucinated a life backstory for yourself. In truth, you were never born. You just tell yourself you were.

All of your childhood memories are things you're imagining RIGHT NOW! They only seem to have happened because you think so. And so that becomes true for you.

@Leo Gura I have thought this, I mean all I have to my past is thoughts, not access to the actual experiences themselves. How do I know they even happened? I don't and can never know apart from through a limited thought of it. The same goes for being born, I have literally no evidence for that, no memories nothing. Its just other people say you were born, my conciousness could of started in my experience say when i was 6 for all I know.  No one has a point of entry into existence.

We don't have a past do we? all our stories and memories are just an illusion's right?

Edited by noselfnofun

@tsuki try not to limit yourself to the formless or you'll just be a hermit for the rest of your egoic life :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

I think people are too hard on themselves sometimes. Your mind is a liar, all thoughts are lies. We are always trying to understand with the mind more and more how both sides of a paradox can be true. This understanding is necessary but the real understanding is in the space between the words, the space between the thoughts. 

Solipsism is like being conservative in politics. I DID THIS THING, I don't need teachers, I AM my teacher. Then you can be liberal and way too reliant and trusting and worshipful of teachers or too caught in other people's shortcomings to make progress yourself. The thing is, we are going to have to have some wobble, some wavering between the two in order to balance out. The mind can never truly hold this paradox. A teaching will almost always be skewed one way or another. 

Ground yourself in thoughtless awareness, then get back on the roller coaster of the mind and try to understand it. The mind will always make you feel like you're being thrown off your center a bit. When we see other people thrown off their center, we try to balance them by going in the opposite direction. That's because we inherently know that they are us. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Inliytened1 No more trying left. There is nothing in silence to doubt itself.