Gili Trawangan

Solipsism is NOT true

140 posts in this topic

@noselfnofun imagination!  But it's ok to imagine...:)

You'll go insane if you think otherwise.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I did 2 grams of mushrooms recently and was unable to distinguish myself from the other objects in the room. It was peaceful and I just stood there staring. The trip then turned very dark and solipsistic and I realised that there is nobody else. When I went and laid down on my bed, I was picking up a really strong alien theme and there was some vague imagery associated with that. I felt terrified as if I am just torturing myself in order to know myself and this will never end.

Sounds like a small glimpse of Truth followed by a huge backlash of the mind struggling to reconstruct its self-image as soon as possible.

Maybe this will help: "you", the perceiver of the experience was not (and is not) the person "Shaun", but something deeper and more fundamental, prior to "Shaun". This "thing" is Reality itself, aware of itself, and all-alone.

unborn Truth

@Inliytened1 Also, why privilege one experience over the other? Why then no draw conclusions from consciousness ceasing on me like - maybe the 5-MeO experience is the experience of a mental construct?

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@tsuki As i say to Nahm..one is never wrong when one speaks from isness.   This is God in its purest form, the formless.

But you just typed your post so guess what? You are imagining yourself right now.  You cannot escape imagining your own reality.  Isness is exactly what it is.  Isness.  It must know itself.  You are proof of that, and so is your reply to my post :)

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Enlightenment maybe it is.  But isn't it odd that we had the same realization and i have never touched pyschedelics?  Others have too.  Peter Ralston is a good example.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

10 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

But you just typed your post so guess what? You are imagining yourself right now.  You cannot escape imagining your own reality.  Isness is exactly what it is.  Isness.  It must know itself.  You are proof of that, and so is your reply to my post :)

I am a proof? Everything follows from my existence, and yet - nothing is worth following.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

@tsuki stop :) if we are going to have any discussion about this at all we have to be in duality.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

3 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

@tsuki stop :) if we are going to have any discussion about this at all we have to be in duality.  

You're wrong and that's why I'm going to stop.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

19 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

maybe it is.  But isn't it odd that we had the same realization and i have never touched pyschedelics?  Others have too.  Peter Ralston is a good example.

As Leo said, Ralston does not realize love as fundamental so it's not quite the same. For example, many very experienced meditators say that Nirvana is just blackout cassation and they want to get off the wheel of life and rebirth to eternal no experience which they consider the best possible scenario. Bill Hamilton use to say that Buddhism is like "cosmic suicide" club, how radical that is? These realizations are very different from what Leo talks about. What if this is precisely what full ego death means and most egos just can't handle it and want to be in some non-dual state after death - start to believe in eternal live etc. 

Edited by Enlightenment

"Buddhism is for losers and those who will die one day."

-- Kenneth Folk

@tsuki let's have a healthy discussion about this.  What exactly are you saying I'm wrong about.  I mean if you are saying I'm wrong then you are disputing non-duality itself.  Oneness. 

Oneness is exactly what it implies.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Inliytened1 Hahahaha

@Enlightenment he may not talk about Love true.  But there are different realizations or facets.  He definitely gets Oneness.  No question about that to me from what I've studied on him.  Which by the way from my perspective i created him :)

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

I did 2 grams of mushrooms recently and was unable to distinguish myself from the other objects in the room. It was peaceful and I just stood there staring. The trip then turned very dark and solipsistic and I realised that there is nobody else. When I went and laid down on my bed, I was picking up a really strong alien theme and there was some vague imagery associated with that. I felt terrified as if I am just torturing myself in order to know myself and this will never end.

Maybe you beat yourself up for not getting to where you think you should be or becoming who you think you really are. 

22 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Maybe you beat yourself up for not getting to where you think you should be or becoming who you think you really are. 

I wasn't beating myself up, I was fully present throughout the entire trip, it was impossible to get lost in thought. I was made very aware that something big and utterly terrifying is coming and there is nobody to turn to for help and there is no escape.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Does it really matter?

I only experience my life, therefore solipsism is true.

Everyone else is saying that they're experiencing life as well, I can either believe them or not. I can treat others as computers or humans and I will suffer the consequences either way.

How you feel about others is your business.

3 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

Does it really matter?

I only experience my life, therefore solipsism is true.

Everyone else is saying that they're experiencing life as well, I can either believe them or not. I can treat others as computers or humans and I will suffer the consequences either way.

How you feel about others is your business.

@Truth Addict Of course it matters. Just listen to what you're saying. It matters precisely because of the way we decide to treat others. I for one do not wish to become a psychopath.

Alternative Rock Music and Spirituality on YouTube: The Buddha Visions

50 minutes ago, Gili Trawangan said:

@Truth Addict Of course it matters. Just listen to what you're saying. It matters precisely because of the way we decide to treat others. I for one do not wish to become a psychopath.

I agree.

Are you detached though?

@Gili Trawangan what do you mean by becoming a psychopath? Do you mean that once you become conscious that this is all you that it doesn't matter what you do?

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Don't forget you still become conscious that you are Absolute love so there is no such thing as doing evil.  

Evil is an illusion of the unconscious there is only love.   Self acceptance is accepting you are love.  But its also accepting previous things that caused guilt/shame/depression.  You love and accept yourself no matter what.  It doesn't mean you are going to go murder someone.  Thats the illusion that you can see through.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

2 minutes ago, Inliytened1 said:

Thats the illusion that you can see through.

Yes, to be honest. There is no need to do anything, i can't possibly see what would motivate someone who knows truth to murder someone, unless they had an ego shadow still