winterknight

A person does not get enlightened; enlightenment simply is the truth

62 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

@Mikael89 a mystical experience isn't an experience.   This is a bad word for it because words can't capture it!  You literally collapse into Being (which you always were)  but minus the ego.  You die dude!

And then you are reborn! It's quite amazing!

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand why so many are lost and still self suffering when this type of dualism teaching is so prevalent and dominates the discourse. The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them and how it is the source of the self suffering.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, SOUL said:

I can understand why so many are lost and still self suffering when this type of dualism teaching is so prevalent and dominates the discourse. The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them and how it is the source of the self suffering.

 

Can you elaborate I’m genuinely curious on what you mean and the subtleties of what your talking about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tecladocasio said:

@SgtPepper And that's why enlightenment has no grades. Ta-da !

okay, well if that's how we are defining enlightenment, then I am enlightened and so is half of the people on this forum. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enlightenment is living the truth, otherwise is just a trip report on only seeing in a meditative state, sometimes.


... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

If one realises that he doesn't exist then what remains what just is. There is nowhere to go.

Edited by tedens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

8 hours ago, SOUL said:

I can understand why so many are lost and still self suffering when this type of dualism teaching is so prevalent and dominates the discourse. The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them and how it is the source of the self suffering.

 

 

8 hours ago, Mu_ said:

Can you elaborate I’m genuinely curious on what you mean and the subtleties of what your talking about. 

When a seeker tries to distinguish between truth and false, it only points at and reinforces further their polarities (duality) and thus contributes to a seeker's suffering. It fragments reality. Truth is all containing fabric of existence, including everything we also call false. 

Edited by Natasha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Natasha said:

 

When a seeker tries to distinct between truth/false, it only points at and reinforces further their polarities (duality) and thus contributes to a seeker's suffering. It fragments reality. Truth is all containing fabric of existence, including everything we also call false. 

What exactly in the video would you say is false. Soul seemed to incline something about the video being true false duality and it’s not what I got from it so I’m trying to see what he meant. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Can you elaborate I’m genuinely curious on what you mean and the subtleties of what your talking about. 

Well, the truth/false dichotomy is a dualism that creates a perspective that separates 'what is' into two parts, true and false. There is just what is, there isn't an opposite to what is because what isn't..... isn't anything, it does not exist. There only is what is, there is no opposite, it isn't.

So 'false' is still what is. The self is what is, ego is what is, the physical manifest is what is. It's all what is because what isn't... is not. Once one is awakened to this transcendent yet simple perspective of being it's so obvious it can't be unseen and the veil of duality in the mind is seen for what it is.

The self suffering can come when someone has a perspective in this truth/false dualism because it may cause conflict of being with what is yet they believe it isn't. Transcending the truth/false dualism of separation that causes self suffering is liberation, it's the absolute unity of being.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

What exactly in the video would you say is false. Soul seemed to incline something about the video being true false duality and it’s not what I got from it so I’m trying to see what he meant. 

You are asking about what is false in the video because you are still viewing through the truth/false duality. Transcend that dualism, view it with the unity of what is and that question is answered.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like if. Short, gets straight to the point and very well explained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

You may like 'perspective' also.

Edited by tedens

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Inliytened1 So vanishing of the self or ego death is not an experience ?

Why people or emphasizing on being ( I don't know what it is) and also say being is not an experience.But say Just BE.

On the other hand say you are the vast infinite empty space.

But say enlightenment is just a recognition.🤔🤔🤔

So enlightenment is ego death which is an experience.And only that should be emphasized than saying Being isn't it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

@Jkris well first lets clarify what we call the word enlightenment.  Winterknight is using it in the context of Truth or God.  In that context since the ego is an illusion masking the formless underneath which is God - then God or Truth is ever present whether in a state of form, the ego, or a state of formlessness - or Being.  Being is Absolute Infinity or pure potential.  Therefore there is no one to be eniightened as Truth or God is all there is...it is One and it is always One.

But if we use the word enlightenment in a different context - rather we use it as God seeing through his own illusion and discovering himself - that is what we commonly call it.  There still is no person, and God was always God, but he is discovering himself through his own illusion, the very illusion he created  in which to escape himself.

"He" is used metaphorically here of course.  But this discovering requires mystical experiences.  During which the form or ego collapses and only Being remains.  Prior to that ego was on top of Being.  A state of Being is completely non-dual and bliss, and Truth or facets of Truth are revealed to you.  Not as the ego but as God.   So it's God's experience :)

Does that help?

 

 

Edited by Inliytened1

We must not cease from exploration and at the end of all our exploring will be to arrive at the place where we began and to know the place for the first time.       --T.S Eliot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

Well, the truth/false dichotomy is a dualism that creates a perspective that separates 'what is' into two parts, true and false. There is just what is, there isn't an opposite to what is because what isn't..... isn't anything, it does not exist. There only is what is, there is no opposite, it isn't.

So 'false' is still what is. The self is what is, ego is what is, the physical manifest is what is. It's all what is because what isn't... is not. Once one is awakened to this transcendent yet simple perspective of being it's so obvious it can't be unseen and the veil of duality in the mind is seen for what it is.

The self suffering can come when someone has a perspective in this truth/false dualism because it may cause conflict of being with what is yet they believe it isn't. Transcending the truth/false dualism of separation that causes self suffering is liberation, it's the absolute unity of being.

That’s very profound. I like it’s implications and the way you said it.   Thank you for sharing, I’m glad I asked  

 

1 hour ago, SOUL said:

You are asking about what is false in the video because you are still viewing through the truth/false duality. Transcend that dualism, view it with the unity of what is and that question is answered.

No I’m just asking what you felt was false since that’s what I thought you were implying in your first comment of the thread. If not then I was mistaken why you wrote what you did. 

Edited by Mu_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

No I’m just asking what you felt was false since that’s what I thought you were implying in your first comment of the thread. If not then I was mistaken why you wrote what you did.

Sure, you read my words as implying something in the video is 'false'.....

3 hours ago, SOUL said:

The truth/false dichotomy is so ingrained in the mind that few recognize it's influence on them

...from my original comment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One is deluded, is a delusion, doesn't exist.  When perspective of self will be eliminated...

the Truth follows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

11 minutes ago, SOUL said:

Sure, you read my words as implying something in the video is 'false'.....

...from my original comment.

Ok now I feel your just pushing your agenda and assumptions with a bit of pushiness. I think that falls into the truth off being a know it all 😜.  Anyways thanks for your insights, it’s my new mantra. 

Edited by Mu_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Enlightenment is living the truth, otherwise is just a trip report on only seeing in a meditative state, sometimes.

Drug induced enlightenment? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Mu_ said:

Ok now I feel your just pushing your agenda and assumptions with a bit of pushiness. I think that falls into the truth off being a know it all 😜.  Anyways thanks for your insights it’s my new mantra. 

Ok, well, if you consider it 'pushing' by me simply replying to your queries then so be it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now