Cody_Atzori

Holy SHIT was that enlightenment?

14 posts in this topic

Just for the record, I'm only 15 and I've barely meditated. I've only began to take it seriously for the last week or so. I recently watched Leo's video on strong determination sitting and I decided to give it a shot This was two days ago by the way. Surprisingly, I stayed motionless for the entire hour with not much complaint, but during it I experienced  something terrifyingly beautiful. Basically, as I was sitting there I began to become very mindful of the present moment, and become conscious of its mysterious, uncanny nature. I just felt right into it (my eyes were closed) with no ideas or judgments. Then, something weird happened. Everything became silent, even though there was outside noise, and I felt this indescribable, empty void consume me. My heart was racing, and my breath was stifled as If I was in ice cold water. I tried to surrender to it, as Leo said, even though it felt like I was dying and entering some unlocalized emptiness. My body felt like an energetic, feeling of wholeness beginning to evaporate. The funny thing is I was doing this while I could hear my mum and dad laughing at the tv. I tried to surrender to it my mind ran rampant and slowly tethered me back to reality. I felt the only thing that seperated me from this void was my thoughts. When the hour ended, I went to sleep with my mouth agape in shock and confusion, and if it was some sort enlightenment experience it was nothing of what I thought it would be. I look back on it still shocked from the fact it happened. I even told my friends on a PS4 party for some odd reason, but obviously they thought it was some crazy, hippy shit. I assume it takes people a lot longer than a week to experience what I experienced. I don't really know how to interpret it and what I should do now. Any suggestions?

Edited by Cody_Atzori

@Cody_Atzori sounds like you are spiritually gifted.  This is great.  Have you listened to Leo's  eniightenment videos from start to finish? The second or third go into self inquiry and you can meditate while listening.  Self inquiry can be very powerful..as well as no mind do nothing.  

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

Yeah, you are going in the right direction. Keep working.

If you plan on continuing with traditional meditation, I suggest you read "Mastering the Core Teachings of the Buddha" by Daniel Ingram. It will equip you with the knowledge that will help you to evaluate progress.

19 minutes ago, Cody_Atzori said:

I assume it takes people a lot longer than a week to experience what I experienced.

Depends, not always. But it means you are doing the technique right, which is good for you. You might get surprised (if you keep on working diligently) how soon you will start getting experiences orders of magnitude deeper. 

@Cody_Atzori Hehe, tis good, but if you were impressed by that, actual enlightenment will make you shit your pants ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Gonna get real weird real fast.

Fasten your seatbelt xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

6 minutes ago, Shin said:

Gonna get real weird real fast.

Fasten your seatbelt xD

A seatbelt is useless when youre floating out in the empty cosmos. :D

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

A seatbelt is useless when youre floating out in the empty cosmos. :D

It's the illusion of safety xD

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

Everything became silent,

@Cody_Atzori The mind became silent.

When was the last time you experienced a silent mind? A still mind. Quite a different level of consciousness from "normal" isn't it?

No mind = No self = No doership.  Just an empty screen of awareness.

The silent "I" watching as the drama unfolds.

4 hours ago, Cody_Atzori said:

Just for the record, I'm only 15 and I've barely meditated. I've only began to take it seriously for the last week or so. I recently watched Leo's video on strong determination sitting and I decided to give it a shot This was two days ago by the way. Surprisingly, I stayed motionless for the entire hour with not much complaint, but during it I experienced  something terrifyingly beautiful. Basically, as I was sitting there I began to become very mindful of the present moment, and become conscious of its mysterious, uncanny nature. I just felt right into it (my eyes were closed) with no ideas or judgments. Then, something weird happened. Everything became silent, even though there was outside noise, and I felt this indescribable, empty void consume me. My heart was racing, and my breath was stifled as If I was in ice cold water. I tried to surrender to it, as Leo said, even though it felt like I was dying and entering some unlocalized emptiness. My body felt like an energetic, feeling of wholeness beginning to evaporate. The funny thing is I was doing this while I could hear my mum and dad laughing at the tv. I tried to surrender to it my mind ran rampant and slowly tethered me back to reality. I felt the only thing that seperated me from this void was my thoughts. When the hour ended, I went to sleep with my mouth agape in shock and confusion, and if it was some sort enlightenment experience it was nothing of what I thought it would be. I look back on it still shocked from the fact it happened. I even told my friends on a PS4 party for some odd reason, but obviously they thought it was some crazy, hippy shit. I assume it takes people a lot longer than a week to experience what I experienced. I don't really know how to interpret it and what I should do now. Any suggestions?

I’d do to what you feel to do in relation to what happened. If your Interested in what that was keep, exploring.  But that was a taste of what you ultimately are and always have been.  You just woke up to a taste of your/original face. Your living as this particular occurance in what seems to be a body on this planet ? atm. go ahead and see where you find yourself pulled and live it. 

@Cody_Atzori Thats very good. You got just had a little taste of the noself for a split second. However, it wasn't you tasting it. You had to disappear for it to happen. Remember, the mind cannot understand the noself so don't even try to. One challenging aspect of the self to not identify with is that part of the self that tries conceptualizing enlightenment and continues to fantasize about it. Doing this is inevitable in the beginning when your true nature starts peeking through though. A piece of solid advice that will save you a lot of time and confusion would be to not give any of this much importance. Continue being mindful even of the reactions to all of these seemingly new realizations.