Beeman

is Leo teaching or preaching?

19 posts in this topic

is Leo teaching or preaching on the video or what?

Both

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

I like the way @Shiva framed it the other day as poetry. Poetry as a metaphor for holding it lightly in the sense of trying it on,,, to see if it's true in ones own experience. 

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

2 hours ago, Beeman said:

is Leo teaching or preaching on the video or what?

What's the difference? The best preachers are teachers.

The first step on a spiritual journey is to realize that everything you know to be true could be false.
The final step is the same.

-=+=-

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

I'm glad you liked that. But actually I didn't come up with that myself.

Leo himself said that we should treat what he says as poetry, literally.

I think it was in the true vs false skepticism video, not sure where exactly though...

So, unlike a preacher, Leo doesn't expect anyone to take his words on blind faith. Quite the opposite...

Thanks for clarifying and pointing to Leo's true vs false skepticism video as the source. I think Ive watched it but like all of them I usually benefit by rewatching them.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

I think it is different kind of approach but it is admirable that his information flows perfectly. 

He's waking us up from the dismal daydream we're all in...

2 hours ago, Truth Addict said:

He's teaching how preaching works xD

....and preaching his teachings. 

@Beeman technically neither, he's reminding which is all we can really do...

Good topic question. Leo says it according to his experience, and yes, I could definitely tell that it's not required for anyone to believe blindly what he says. And, yes, he's being honest to the best of his knowledge. However, if you suspect that something even deeper happened to you, and you want to tell Leo about it, it will probably not be easy to encourage him or convince him to "agree" with you because he hasn't experienced it yet. I agree with him that the no-self/nothingness is the deepest, if that's what he's saying. However, when you look at your life, does your experience of the no-self/nothingness fits into your life with profound meaning or not? Is it pointing to anything else in your life? Or, does it just come randomly here and there. If it does add to the profound meaning within your life, then I could relate. And, I would encourage you to say it in your life purpose in a cunning way so that those who are ready to hear it (awakened ppl) will understand that you're pointing to something very inspiring.

1 hour ago, Bill W said:

....and preaching his teachings. 

Of course ?

Leo is teaching and not preaching.

But it best suit his coaching. 

People say, "Kris why you teach so much?
Why you preach so much? Why you speak and such?
Why you so bent on reachin each of us?"
I reply because you eatin with us
In the future our children will be meetin with us
Have a seat then with us and start speakin with us
They'll be critiquin us to be sure they believe in us
We don't need a problem

I'm not sure if it was the purpose of this topic, but I have definitely noticed a distinct difference in Leo's tone, adlib, way he approaches topics, topics he addresses, etc. when comparing past and present videos. He comes off much more "preachy" to me now, when he felt like more of a teacher as he was originally gaining his following. Just my POV at a glance...

@ZZZZ you just might be noticing more conviction/passion which happens when you gain more experience and wisdom. the side effect is those who are still unsure and lack experience can judge and almost take it offensively.

3 hours ago, ZZZZ said:

I'm not sure if it was the purpose of this topic, but I have definitely noticed a distinct difference in Leo's tone, adlib, way he approaches topics, topics he addresses, etc. when comparing past and present videos. He comes off much more "preachy" to me now, when he felt like more of a teacher as he was originally gaining his following. Just my POV at a glance...

Yea, I feel the same. 
Also the aggressive tone is his replies to people comes off preachy. 

3 hours ago, Garuda said:

Yea, I feel the same. 
Also the aggressive tone is his replies to people comes off preachy. 

It's a side effect of becoming less humble and more sure of yourself. Aggressiveness and humbleness cannot co-exist.

Leo said it himself in earlier videos, his videos are to himself, to teach himself.