Joseph Maynor

New Critical Review Of Leo's Philosophy

96 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Joseph MaynorI feel I could do so but I reflected on these aspects myself. It’s not necessary for me to propagate arguments for or against.

That’s not what I am trying to convey here. I was not highlighting the video.

I was referring to the nature of discussion in the thread. 

I feel my point is being missed. But that’s okay. I wish you all the best on your journey of self development. Take care ?

Ok.  I was trying to lure you into the discussion you were criticizing us for not having.

3 hours ago, Flatworld Crusades said:

Seems more like character assassination rather than an argument. I don't think it's good form. 

Joseph always politely says we are stupid and weak, but never directly.

At some point, he should look inside and maybe realize he's afraid to be this way, because maybe he's this way and don't want to admit it to himself.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

He really  surprised me with yesterday's conversation.

Leo's philosophy? Well, bottom line, whatever the topic, he just wants all of us to work as a team to contribute. That's all. The moment we contribute is an individual's effort.

Example of team effort:

Each individual helps out in his/her own way.

You created Leo, why you created him the way that you did and have the reaction that you do to your own creation is something to contemplate. 

I sure haven't figured it out yet. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Key Elements you summed up what I was earlier covering thank you.

@Joseph Maynor sorry I was not picking up your cue. Thank you for intending to do so though.

Edited by Jacobsrw

7 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is this guy you?

42 minutes ago, Shin said:

Joseph always politely says we are stupid and weak, but never directly.

At some point, he should look inside and maybe realize he's afraid to be this way, because maybe he's this way and don't want to admit it to himself.

What are you politely saying but never directly?  What should you look inside and maybe realize you're afraid to be because maybe you don't want to admit it to yourselfThis is the work you should be doing yourself Shin.  Make me a list of 10 things and message it to me.  Then we can have a discussion and I'll do a list too if you do yours.  See, you don't want to do the work though -- you don't do any work.  I've never seen you self-reflect.  Ever.  You joke around and you teach others and you poke fun at people from time to time -- and you draw attention to yourself.  But let's do some real work now.  Let me impress you, but you do your list first.  I wanna see you put your money where your mouth is.  You attack me, but let's do the work.  Let's do it by messenger though not here.  You send me your list and I'll send you mine in response.  10 things.  I'm trying to turn lemons into lemonade with your attack on me.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

11 minutes ago, arlin said:

Is this guy you?

No.  That's Zzenn.  He's a good teacher.

5 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What are you politely saying but never directly?  What should you look inside and maybe realize you're afraid to be because maybe you don't want to admit it to yourself?  This is the work you should be doing.  Make me a list of 10 things and post it here.  Then we can have a discussion and I'll do a list too if you do yours.  See, you don't want to do the work though -- you don't do any work.  I've never seen you self-reflect.  Ever.  You joke around and you teach others and you poke fun at people from time to time -- and you draw attention to yourself.  But let's do some work now.

Do you ever want to pick certain people, put them in a bag and shake them up? You two would make a great match. xD

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

34 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

You created Leo, why you created him the way that you did and have the reaction that you do to your own creation is something to contemplate. 

I sure haven't figured it out yet. 

?

What are you guys defending? You realize that when someone attacks you there is a sensation in your body and a thought pops or up vice versa but there is noone getting hurt? Nothing to defend? A feeling can not be hurt, a thought can not be hurt. What are you as an ego but thoughts and feelings... :)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

Just now, Rilles said:

What are you guys defending? You realize that when someone attacks you there is a sensation in your body and a thought pops or up vice versa but there is noone getting hurt? Nothing to defend? A feeling can not be hurt, a thought can not be hurt. What are you as an ego but thoughts and feelings... :)

A philosopher with 13 000 posts and 13 journals.

What are you ?

Nothing.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

No.  That's Zzenn.  He's a good teacher

v6i2h64p9ln21.jpg

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

A philosopher with 13 000 posts and 13 journals.

What are you ?

Nothing.

I'm gonna exercise the option not to respond to this.

17 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

Do you ever want to pick certain people, put them in a bag and shake them up? You two would make a great match. xD

What do you think of Zzenn's video Mandy?

@Joseph Maynor I'm 20 minutes in and he is just nitpicking stuff that isn't even there, of course there are contradictions when talking nonduality, it's paradoxical, Leo never said not to have a child, job or relationship. 

It takes a lot of courage to talk about this stuff, to put it into words, because you know everything you say will be wrong and the subject of nitpicking. Everything people says to criticize you will be right, in a way. It sounds stupid or wrong but it takes a certain amount of faith or alignment with the purpose of what someone is teaching when you get this deep into spirituality. That's when it starts looking really religious or like a cult. People want to say hey wait, rewind, this isn't right. But this is the next stage of development. This is where you have to take the plunge. This is where it gets really scary. 

You're like Peter, you can walk on water until the wind comes up and then you forget that you're God and think you're human again. 

34 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

@Joseph Maynor I'm 20 minutes in and he is just nitpicking stuff that isn't even there, of course there are contradictions when talking nonduality, it's paradoxical, Leo never said not to have a child, job or relationship. 

It takes a lot of courage to talk about this stuff, to put it into words, because you know everything you say will be wrong and the subject of nitpicking. Everything people says to criticize you will be right, in a way. It sounds stupid or wrong but it takes a certain amount of faith or alignment with the purpose of what someone is teaching when you get this deep into spirituality. That's when it starts looking really religious or like a cult. People want to say hey wait, rewind, this isn't right. But this is the next stage of development. This is where you have to take the plunge. This is where it gets really scary. 

You're like Peter, you can walk on water until the wind comes up and then you forget that you're God and think you're human again. 

Can you give me a list of 5 things that you liked about the video?  List 1-5

Quite a bit of drama here recently (at least, more than the usual). I've got a solution to that. Why don't we arrange sword duels between people in conflict? A fight till the physical destruction of ones appearance as a living/breathing human being, the lucky one may get to explore non-physical realms after that, isn't that exciting? Maybe this one would get to meet machine elves, aliens and other beings, maybe they even have neat "space-drugs" for use.

It should be at a place within nature with a nice view, maybe near a lake. Things like food, drinks and places to sit for the onlookers, should be arranged too, maybe we could even play inspiring/fitting soundtracks out of good speakers during the fight, such as the Star Wars battle theme or a soundtrack from The Lord of The Rings. 

Hell, I'd get someone to bring a bouncy castle that we could use after the fight ^_^

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

5 minutes ago, iTommy said:

Quite a bit of drama here recently (at least, more than the usual). I've got a solution to that. Why don't we arrange sword duels between people in conflict? A fight till the physical destruction of ones appearance as a living/breathing human being, the lucky one may get to explore non-physical realms after that, isn't that exciting? Maybe this one would get to meet machine elves, aliens and other beings, maybe they even have neat "space-drugs" for use.

It should be at a place within nature with a nice view, maybe near a lake. Things like food, drinks and places to sit for the onlookers, should be arranged too, maybe we could even play inspiring/fitting soundtracks out of good speakers during the fight, such as the Star Wars battle theme or a soundtrack from The Lord of The Rings. 

Hell, I'd get someone to bring a bouncy castle that we could use after the fight ^_^

You ridicule drama with a hyper-dramatic post lol.  You guys have limited self-awareness.  Drama is what happens when real work is being done on here and people are being goosed out their comfort-zones.  Stop demonizing real work happening on here.  Participate constructively rather than sitting back and sniping with ridicule directed at those who are doing the actual work on here.  This is not a place for staying the same and holding hands.  This is a personal development Forum.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor