Joseph Maynor

New Critical Review Of Leo's Philosophy

96 posts in this topic

@Joseph Maynor To say that your style  is more masculine than others is just a cover. If personal development is your thing find some humility and diplomacy. 

41 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You're not getting it.  You're walking around blind without a cane and don't even realize it "thinking" you're morally superior.  Think again.  Many of you are doing to me exactly what you're accusing me of -- except I'm fully aware of what I'm doing and you're not.  That's the difference.  I'm more awake in my Ego-Heartbodymind than many of you are.  That's very clear to me.  But of course the Ego doesn't want to admit this, so I will continue to catch this exact kind of criticism and I accept that.  It's part and parcel of being honest in a dishonest world.  Wake up!  If you don't like me, examine what I'm triggering in you that creates that response from YOU.  If I'm triggering you, that's good.  Examine thyself first.  My motives are good.  Most of you need a good goose.

That last bit sounds exactly like Leo's attempts to avoid discussion that you tried to debunk in the other thread.
You're flailing your dick left and right, triggering people and you convinced yourself that you're doing it for their own benefit. 
Not only that, but you're doing it to show them that they are doing it too! That's so noble, Joseph. You are a preacher that preaches to preachers that he's a superior preacher because he knows that he's preaching.

I think that you could rationalize any behavior this way.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

Guys, cut out the personal attacks. I expect you to be above such things.

Don't be like squabbling children.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

Dont insult children that way. ;)

Dont look at me! Look inside!

On the topic of UFOs, I've seen them personally. Was camping in the deserts of Eastern Washington around 2004. Saw what looked like a satellite in the atmosphere. Then it stopped, which is impossible, satellites can't stop. It stayed still for about 10 minutes, did a cork-screw, then shot across the sky in a millisecond. Over the course of the night, I saw about 6 UFOs in the sky doing impossible things. Me and my GF watched them all night. The next day, we saw on the local news that there were many reports of UFOs in the local area. 

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

But Leo, he started it! Hahaha

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

6 minutes ago, Jed Vassallo said:

On the topic of UFOs, I've seen them personally. Was camping in the deserts of Eastern Washington around 2004. Saw what looked like a satellite in the atmosphere. Then it stopped, which is impossible, satellites can't stop. It stayed still for about 10 minutes, did a cork-screw, then shot across the sky in a millisecond. Over the course of the night, I saw about 6 UFOs in the sky doing impossible things. Me and my GF watched them all night. The next day, we saw on the local news that there were many reports of UFOs in the local area. 

Well obviously you're totally deluded ;)

Such things can never be verified. The proof just doesn't exist.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Sure Leo, you're right ?

I smell a whole lot of ego here....

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 minute ago, Jacobsrw said:

I smell a whole lot of ego here....

What's wrong with Ego?  

I'm honestly really surprised that there aren't more people making these kinds of debunking videos against Leo's work.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Joseph MaynorI never said there was anything wrong with ego.

But when it becomes the basis in which is operated from when in discussion of self development, it becomes a self limiting prophecy.

this thread just feels more of an egoistic debate than a synthesis of actual practical application and self development.

Edited by Jacobsrw

1 minute ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Joseph Maynor

But when it becomes the basis in which is operated from when in discussion of self development, it becomes a self limiting prophecy.

In what sense?

@Joseph MaynorWell to be honest I actually went on this thread to see whether there was constructive criticism of Leo’s content. Instead it seems more a conflict of interests.

No self verifications but just opinions. And these are just mirages of the ego.

exposing each other’s personality flaws, rather than sharing how to elevate one another’s inner mechanisms.

These sort of discussions tend to miss the centrality of what is being spoken and what requires self verification.

Again just my observation.

Edited by Jacobsrw

Just now, Jacobsrw said:

@Joseph MaynorWell to be honest I actually went on this thread to see whether there was constructive criticism of Leo’s content. Instead it seems more a conflict of interests.

No self verifications but just opinions.

exposing each other’s personality flaws, rather than sharing how to elevate one another’s inner mechanisms.

These sort of discussions tend to miss the centrality of what is being spoken and what requires self verification.

Again just my observation.

Did you watch the video?

@Joseph Maynor Yes some of it. I found it more so opinionated than critique.

The person he refers to, Victor the physicist. Seems like he has critique to share but this video just seemed dry to me personally. Just my opinion.

However, I was regarding the theme of the thread not the video.

Edited by Jacobsrw

12 minutes ago, Jacobsrw said:

@Joseph Maynor Yes some of it. I found it more so opinionated than critique.

The person he refers to, Victor the physicist. Seems like he has critique to share but this video just seemed dry to me personally. Just my opinion.

However, I was regarding the theme of the thread not the video.

Can you give me 5 takeaways that you got from watching the video numbered 1 through 5?

57 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

1: why didn't you try to video record it? You probably had your phone with you.

2: it could be some weird unknown phenomena.

1) 2004. Don't think I even had a phone with a camera on it at the time. 

2) Was on a camping trip, no phones wanted. 

3) Was too in awe and in the moment to even think of it, if I could. 

* I spent all night trying to rationalize what I was watching. Trying to come up with any scientific explanation. They were definitely above the atmosphere. Where definitely moving faster than anything manmade. Changed colors. Only rational explanation was UFO. 

Edited by Jed Vassallo

@Joseph MaynorI feel I could do so but I reflected on these aspects myself. It’s not necessary for me to propagate arguments for or against.

That’s not what I am trying to convey here. I was not highlighting the video.

I was referring to the nature of discussion in the thread. 

I feel my point is being missed. But that’s okay. I wish you all the best on your journey of self development. Take care ?

Edited by Jacobsrw