Joseph Maynor

New Critical Review Of Leo's Philosophy

96 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You ridicule drama with a hyper-dramatic post lol.  You guys have limited self-awareness.

OH BOY. Don't make me challenge you to a duel Joseph. :ph34r:

"Wisdom is knowing I am nothing, Love is knowing I am everything, and between the two my life moves."

- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj

31 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Joseph Maynor They're stuck buddy, you'd need a more subtle ideology.

It's weird how the so-called Enlightened people are some of the most stuck people when it comes to personal development work.  They're stuck in their ideology which makes them have huge blind-spots.  They don't know what being awake really means.  They don't really know who they are.  They're clinging to ideas of who they are rather than knowing who they are.  There's a difference there that they don't get yet.  I was there too, so I know what that's like.  Teaching Enlightenment is a tough thing because you gotta go into the ideas and then come out the other side of the ideas.  Until you do that, you're gonna be stuck in a kind of fantasy-land and you're not really gonna be woke -- but you're gonna think you're woke.  It's a real problem and it's hard to teach people out of ideas and back into themselves -- back into all of themselves.  Their real selves, not their fantasy selves.  Being woke is being in tune with you without any distortions -- it's knowing who you truly are.  Being woke is not living some kind of dissociated, bypassed, conceptual fantasy about who you think you are.   No thinky-thinky; it's being authentically you, that's it.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor 

Just have a mystical experience, and you will understand all of reality!

I wish everyone was nuanced at least 10% of how much Leo is.

Edited by Truth Addict

4 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

If you fail to show them what you think is right then you have no right to see it as wrong. Everything you said here is your personal experience and if you fail to make me think otherwise then you have to no right to think otherwise at least what my thinking is.

Just take my perspective as one monkey perspective among many monkey perspectives.  Let it marinate with you and then spit it out.  Nobody is forcing you to do anything.  I'm just offering my perspective like kids do in show-and-tell in kindergarten.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Drake140 said:

I will if i see it worthy, but the way you judge others and fail to make up for that judgment, that's what makes them not worthy.

Almost 13.500 posts,

Are you sure about that statement ?

:/

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

34 minutes ago, Drake140 said:

I will if i see it worthy, but the way you judge others and fail to make up for that judgment, that's what makes them not worthy.

According to your perspective.  But you've re-framed your perspective as the "one right truth" here.  Can you see that?  How arrogant of you.  There's a lot of arrogance in the shadows of many so-called Enlightened people I find.  At least I'm open and honest with my arrogance and I know what I'm doing and where it's coming from.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Truth Addict  not one but many.

But it also takes doing the consciousness work.

Some are more spiritually gifted then others.  Maybe psychedelics is a good tool for someone not making any progress after several years of hardcore meditation, yoga, and self inquiry.

Edited by Inliytened1

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

@Joseph Maynor

Everyone is allowed to criticise, judge, project, share opinions, talk about Absolute Truth, call people devils, except you and me.

We are not mainstream.

So,

We are clearly wrong.

:)

Edited by Truth Addict

The appearance of projection cannot be escaped.  This is a limitation of language since Truth is prior to it.

Wisdom.  Truth.  Love.

9 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Joseph Maynor

Everyone is allowed to criticise, judge, project, share opinions, talk about Absolute Truth, call people devils, except you and me.

We are not mainstream.

So,

We are clearly wrong.

That's a victim mindset you don't really believe that you use as a smart excuse.

Thing is, if everyone is against you, either they are all wrong, or you're all wrong.
If you're wise enough, you will tend to inquire the second possibility first.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

@Joseph Maynor

We are not mainstream.

So,

We are clearly wrong.

Give me any human primate and I'll show you one arrogant animal.  ^_^

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Shin If you're wise enough, you'll stop thinking for me and start thinking for yourself. Bro, just keep posting jokes and let the actual work for others to take care of, I like you more that way.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I  think those are 10 things that many humans do, not just spiritual people.  You can replace the word "spiritual" with "humans" in most of those sentences.  To me, he just seems upset that he wan't able to attain enlightenment, so his ego developed this thinking to protect himself.  I mean, they are good questions to ask yourself though.  Like #2 is legit.  I love the idea of no free-will and maybe I am drawn to spirituality because it makes it easier to forgive myself for past mistakes.  If you don't have enlightenment, than this is not much different than a religion - just a belief.