Annoynymous

A question for Leo on his recent duality video.

66 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Dumb Enlightened said:

If you are dreaming, and then become lucid (lucid dreaming) is it bad if someone is killed in the dream , would you care ?

I like this perspective! :)

9 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

There is no such thing as bad, AT ALL! Bad is an egoic delusion.

Anything which exists is Absolutely Good. Murder included and anything else you can conjure up.

Without an ego you would not be bothered by murder.

Think of it this way: from the perspective of the universe as a whole, nothing can be bad because there is nothing outside the universe to contrast it with. This is one of the radical consequences of ONENESS.

No, it makes you understand that all such things are necessary aspects of Absolute Good. You do not become apathetic. You are filled with unconditional love. The love is so deep it may seem like apathy from an egoic perspective because the ego confuses selfishness with love.

It's easy for the ego-mind to see Absolute Love and spiritual detachment as apathy. It only appears that way because the ego-mind is so attached.

Absolute Love requires detachment because so long as you are attached to anything, your love is highly partial. You cannot love the whole world from a position of attachment. Anything you are attached to means you can't love its opposite. If you are attached to peace, you cannot love war. If you are attached to love, you cannot love hate. If you are attached to justice, you cannot love injustice. If you attached to beauty you cannot love the ugly. Etc. Absolute Love loves EVERYTHING! No exceptions. Anything you don't or can't love, that's ego being scared and selfish.

So you should distinguish between dualistic love (what most people call love) and nondual Love, which knows no opposite and has no boundary.

Thanks for that, I had had this realisation but my little ego has wrestled me on it!

Edited by Druid420

You didn't take into account that others people exist as a part of nature.

maybe others cannot awake, because they are robots beings made to incarnate the karma of nature ( aka being animals ) maybe not all humans are "equal" in possibility, it's just a fact of my absolute experience. It's a delusion to believe in a physical reality where everyone can awake, only few humans are made to direct and know the secret of nature & god.

It's fakery to believe " hey I should put DMT in all humans and all the world will be awake " doesn't work like this, most dormant would just turn insane or turn the experience as a tricks. Because that's how god made them, slavish. ( there is no master & slaves, all men must serv, it just a concept to talk )

what the mass think, god think it aswell in some way, and what thought appear in my mind, are god will, not mine. The equal addition of nature possibility is always what appear to my mind. The idea of self and free will self, is always an idea, we can observe that we are almost programmed, programmed even to think that we are programmed.

ideas are very physics and real, they are just not accurate, all ideas are made by the matrix, if not, we would just be mute creatures, tickling electric pigment in each others.

relative bad or good exist, what is bad is what kills/destroy me.

Humans are the only creature to use symbolic, bible is right saying we are "above" animals, cause we fucking are, even if above/below it's totaly relative. Whatever, humans are different, it just a fact, we are not cockroach, if we were then why having humans. ( ok flawed but whatever, the point is )

Good in mainstream sense : is what improve me / increase my pleasure / belief in what cause me good to my identity/feeling

god believe in good/vs bad, or you'll not have a sense of not killing yourself, because "life biologic creatures" would just be ok about killing themself etc.. because if bad/good doesn't exist at all, why would you strive for something like surviving or improving, you wouldn't care, feeding yourself would have no good/bad and so it would not work.

but god is always alright to create masters, humans who have a better way to think and change the masses on wishes.

good & bad, really exist.

and killing others means maybe killing a part of yourself, there is no need to be a master, it's as shitty as being a slave. " All men must serv" and will serv, no matter who and what you are.

so why would you kill others, from an egoic place, killing others could diminish your own possibility of surviving better.

but in the meantimes, if you kill, even by being Hitler, it's because you believe that by killing you'll increase your own pleasure, or improve something.

god creates humans and they are following the god programmation.

free will is maybe a total delusion, physical change of the reality or people, just a game in your head, maybe another one, maybe everything is totaly written, maybe every thought is destinity, maybe all writting is made for a purpose that cannot be grasb by the writter.

Sometimes a bit of a memory about some words start appearing in my mind, and there is no answer to why, it's like god showing me the line to follow. Why this memory, why not anothers ?

we can just hold on the idea that what we do change something, does it really ?

for me the ultimate is a spin, you are aware of what leo talks 'infinite relative absolute love for ugly and beauty'.

then you come back to your identity  

god want to self improve and god hate uglyness.

Edited by Aeris

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Obviously not. My point is that the arguments humans have are not always small-minded.

Who should control the Middle East? Iranians? Jews? Arabs? The US? That's not a small-minded argument. That's a serious survival issue affecting hundreds of millions of people. How is it going to get resolved? How many people are you willing to sacrifice in order to resolve that situation well? 10 thousand? 100 thousand? 1 million? 10 million?

See, it's not so easy. Life is extremely complex and counter-intuitive. By trying to compromise you might end up getting 10 million people killed.

Are you going to compromise or fight with the big oil companies on global warming? If global warming gets out of hand, millions of people are going to die from starvation, disease, displacement, violence, and civil war.

Don't forget that small vs big is a duality. Small things lead to big things which lead to giant things. So the small details matter.

So interesting to me how related spirituality politics and psychology sociology can be. 

Obviously our governments right now aren't doing anything really about climate change or taking any good action in the middle east. 

I (ego-self) live in Canada however my hope is that Bernie does get elected so that atleast there's a decent chance of the Green New Deal actually being implemented. 

And as for who should rule the Middle East? Well not one particular country at all. Each nation ought to rule their own and America ought to get out of the middle east's business. 

As for the Israeli problem, a two-state solution is the best idea that exists rn.

Honestly the absolute best solution for the whole of humanity would just to at some point end these dualistic categories of Religion ethnicity race gender social, economic, political status and seperateness from the rest of nature. And just make John Lennon's song a reality 

8 hours ago, How to be wise said:

@Leo Gura Many sages have given their lives to other people. So your theory is wrong.

Far more sages have not.

Survival is no theory. It dominates your whole life, even if you are awake.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Peter124 Well, that's all nice, but that will take a couple thousand years and millions of lives to get actualized.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Far more sages have not.

So what do we do, just accept this and play within the games of life?

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Far more sages have not.

That’s just a matter of how much mastery you have over your mind. The deepest sages who have completely detached from their minds (but still using it of course) have no concept of survival in their dictionaries.

Edited by How to be wise

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

52 minutes ago, joeyi99 said:

Yes. You can masturbate about how the future might be but you still have to live in the here and now. Accept how things are now then decide the steps on how you want to craft your life. Becoming enlightened is still playing the game of life. Make no mistake it is not a bypass. It can bypass some challenges but not the game. You are the game. 

about the survival riddle: the question is what is better? to die trying staying human or to live on with the memory?

if someone is enlightened he/she won’t choose the food option, even if it’s not for the sake of the other person, it’s impossible. we are talking about the real thing here.

i‘m a little disappointed...

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, joeyi99 said:

No, you must contemplate and observe it very deeply. Only be becoming very familiar with how survival works can you begin to liberate yourself of it.

If you are not conscious of survival in detail, it is controlling your entire life and it is making you an unwitting devil.

The whole problem is that life is NOT a game for you. You take life all too seriously because you're not conscious of what survival is. Life only becomes a game once you are fully conscious of survival. Right now you are a slave of survival. You are a survival robot and you don't even know it yet.

1 hour ago, How to be wise said:

That’s just a matter of how much mastery you have over your mind. The deepest sages who have completely detached from their minds (but still using it of course) have no concept of survival in their dictionaries.

Just because you don't have a concept of it doesn't mean you aren't doing it. A squirrel has no concept of survival either, but it's doing it 24/7.

You are not appreciating the depth of this issue of survival. It's worth you contemplating further, rather than dismissing it.

To attain the deepest liberation, survival must be deeply contemplated and observed. Emotional mastery requires consciousness of one's survival mechanisms. 99% of emotions are survival.

No, you must contemplate and observe it very deeply. Only be becoming very familiar with how survival works can you begin to liberate yourself of it.

If you are not conscious of survival in detail, it is controlling your entire life and it is making you an unwitting devil.

The whole problem is that life is NOT a game for you. You take life all too seriously because you're not conscious of what survival is. Life only becomes a game once you are fully conscious of survival. Right now you are a slave of survival. You are a survival robot and you don't even know it yet.

Just because you don't have a concept of it doesn't mean you aren't doing it. A squirrel has no concept of survival either, but it's doing it 24/7.

You are not appreciating the depth of this issue of survival. It's worth you contemplating further, rather than dismissing it.

To attain the deepest liberation, survival must be deeply contemplated and observed. Emotional mastery requires consciousness of one's survival mechanisms. 99% of emotions are survival.

Which of the 10 bull of Zen stages are you at?

And what practical advice would you have for someone coming to terms with what you've stated in your non-duality vid and the conversations in this forum in relation to self-actualizing and making one's ambitions and passions in life into a reality as well as living a life in service to helping others and nature and all that jazz.

Edited by Peter124

47 minutes ago, Peter124 said:

Which of the 10 bull of Zen stages are you at?

My path is unique and it does not neatly fall into the 10 Ox pictures. Those pictures do not account for stuff like psychedelics.

I am definitely nowhere near the end so I continue my work.

And what practical advice would you have for someone coming to terms with what you've stated in your non-duality vid and the conversations in this forum in relation to self-actualizing and making one's ambitions and passions in life into a reality as well as living a life in service to helping others and nature and all that jazz.

This question is too broad. I cannot tell you how to live your life. You are God, so figure yourself out. No one can do it but you.

56 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

My path is unique and it does not neatly fall into the 10 Ox pictures. Those pictures do not account for stuff like psychedelics.

I am definitely nowhere near the end so I continue my work.

This question is too broad. I cannot tell you how to live your life. You are God, so figure yourself out. No one can do it but you.

Basically the question meant, 

Advice in successfully implementing the insights gained from realizing what you've said into the cultivation of one's life purpose and in life generally from a practical standpoint. 

Not necessarily mine but any person's generally.

Basically the implementation process is something I've been struggling with in my personal development the past two days especially today since I've been slowly coming to terms with it I figured advice from those who've had experience in this stage could be helpful. I feel like advice from people who've been there can help me better figure myself out. 

Edited by Peter124

@Peter124 A whole series of books could be written on such a broad topic.

If you want quality advice keep your questions narrow and concrete.

"Give me some advice for doing personal development successfully" is very broad.

@Leo Gura Actually yeah I supposed so.

Also, I wasn't completely being honest in the question even in the first place since I've noticed the past few days that this idea got me stuck that somehow God has ordained my life to fail in anything I pursue in a zerosum scenario. 

I want to drop out of my current program and then enter a collage my heart is in for Animation. Then it's like, what if I'm destined to fail? I want to find employment, what if everyone deems me unworthy to be hired? Getting a girlfriend? God says no. Trying to have a good relationship with my family and help lead my very stage orange/blue parents to say green/yellow? They'll never care for that and that'll never happen. 

So it's then like, oh it doesn't matter to God, God is completely indifferent, even if I kill my body, God will be like Meh, coz God ordained it and there can be nothing to be done about it.

Because everything being calculated by God takes would then take any possibility of me taking control of this life. 

And this still persists even though I've been making great strides in realizing my true self as God, as you like I'm asking myself for advice by asking you for advice in how to cleanse myself this compulsive puppeteering and daunting idea that's honestly haunting and making me feel like as God, I somehow can't get the plan I am passionate for for this life because somehow I've made myself into an impossible catch-22 situation that I intuitively feel my egomind created.

So basically as I'm writing this I just realized there's no point in asking Leo because:

1. I can just become mindful of these ideas and come to realize that these idea are rooted in dualist, egoic thinking. 

2. This idea was created completely by the ego as I intuitively feel and come to understand based on interpretations of past experiences 

3. I can come to understand and accept these past experiences and take personal responsibility for them, freeing myself from them 

4. I create my future and in my infinate wisdom I can figure out exactly how to bypass this catch-22 and make the impossible, possible. Then through meditation research and contemplation, deposit this in the mind.

5. I create the life that I envision and cultivate and I can chose to believe and envision that these goals are indeed possible and that there is no such thing as can't, impossible or fail. 

6. Live in the present and focus on the present. Learn and Practice, learn and practice and when the time comes, I'll have my boosted to the point where of course I can get into this school I what. I can create a scenario in which that happens. Same for that girlfriend, and good family life. Then to create that art production studio.

This question is too broad. I cannot tell you how to live your life. You are God, so figure yourself out. No one can 

4 hours ago, Codrina said:

Why would an enlightened being look out for the survival of it's current form? 

because life is a paradox. it’s another catch 22. being enlightened means to transform, not to survive. but in transformation the old remains as a part of the new, the true self remains, so the current form needs to look out for it’s true form, to let the old die and rebirth itself.

the only way to stop rebirthing is stepping out of society - completely, but even then it can’t be helped life still needs a form. form is not random.

Edited by now is forever

@Annoynymous I had the same thought while trying to pick apart what Leo said multiple times through the series, then I realised Absolute Good contains within it good AND bad - meaning if we wanted we could call it Absolute Bad it would make no difference (other than the to the ego haha).

@Elliots Mind I also contemplated this after watching the video. This is what arose for me. . . good/bad is a deeply ingrained thought/emotional dualism that I don’t think it’s the best to deconstruct. I think something like perfect vs. imperfect has much less attachment/identification and easier ti deconstruct. 

In relative terms, perfect and imperfect have many different meanings. And it isn’t bimodal. For example, is a painting “perfect”. Well there are many ways to define perfect and within each definition there will be many nuances. Now if we consider Absolute Perfection - that is that Everything is Perfect. How can it not be? It is what it is. For a mind to say it’s “imperfect” we need to set ip dualistic standards in what perfect and imperfect is. . . Could we use a more neutral term? Rather than saying Absolute Perfection, could we say Absolute ISness? Everything simply IS. I’m cool with that, yet there is an essence lost by shifting away from the term Absolute Perfection.  That term really puts contrast on the relative dualism of perfect/imperfect in a way that Absolute ISness does not. . . . So, could we call it Absolute Imperfection? To me, this is one step further away from the Truth than Absolute Perfection. To me, the term Absolute Imperfection introduces an assumption: that things “should” be a different way to be perfect. To me, Absolute Perfection does not carry that same underlying assumption and for this reason can point a mind toward observing it’s own attachments/identification to the underlying dualistic assumptions.  

I’m not saying your idea is “wrong”. The same idea arises in my mind and above are just some ideas that arose during contemplation.

And cool avatar. How I wish I could play a guitar on stage like that ☺️

@Serotoninluv is absolute perfection and absolute imperfection not relative to absolute potential? isness is absolute potential and is after potential has transformed to absolute potential. isness is the intersection between the forces of absolute perfection and absolute imperfection or it just is. there is the perfect imperfect and the imperfect perfect as a duality.

IMG_4129.JPG

Edited by now is forever