Annoynymous

A question for Leo on his recent duality video.

66 posts in this topic

@now is forever I don’t think in terms of absolute perfection vs absolute imperfection. That plays into the duality. If I want to explore the dualism of perfection and imperfection, I won’t use absolute terms. To my mind, it muddies the water and makes it harder to observe the interplay between and within dualisms. I don’t consider “dualism” to be a lesser term or area of exploration than “absolute”. 

I’ve spent some time contemplating the dualism of limitation and potential. Yet I haven’t contemplated the integration of limit/potential and perfect/imperfect. That’s not to say there isn’t some juicy stuff in there, it’s just not where my mind is drawn to and I don’t feel like I have any insights in this area to offer. 

@Serotoninluv it was not about vs. it was more about them being forces that  dualistically interact if you think about them or not, they are present as an idea. what i tried to outline here was how isness either is or is manipulated, but decision already is manipulation, even not doing is manipulation of isness - it was about showing that absolute potential is always present, whatever point you are starting from. potential is only limited by decision, decision is made upon potential and potential is also either perfect imperfect or imperfect perfect. absolute potential is preconditioned.

Edited by now is forever

1 minute ago, now is forever said:

@Serotoninluv it was not about vs. it was more about them being forces that  dualistically interact if you think about them or not, they are present as an idea. what i tried to outline here was how isness either is or is manipulated but decision already is manipulation even not doing is manipulation of isness - it was about showing that absolute potential is always present, whatever point you are starting from. potential is only limited by decision, decision is made upon potential and potential is also either perfect imperfect or imperfect perfect.

The term “vs” was not the best term for me to use. I think a better term is “and”.

There is a dualism of perfect/imperfect and a dualism of potential/limits. As well, there is a higher order dualism between perfect/imperfect and potential/limits. 

In it’s truest sense ISness cannot be “manipulated”. The idea of manipulating ISness is just a human idea within the construct of an illusory timeline. Similarly the idea of “making decisions” is also an idea. These ideas are certainly interesting, practical and a fundamental aspect of the human experience. Yet as well, what IS, IS - regardless of any ideas the mind has about manipulating ISness and decisions. Those ideas themselves are ISness. 

@Serotoninluv i wonder how you manipulated this text into being... do you tipe with your nose sometimes? maybe then it would be nosed into being...:ph34r:

maybe you just dictate it into being that’s a nice option, with cell phones they don’t have hands anymore.

Edited by now is forever

@now is forever To relate the concepts: I would say what IS is limitless. A mind needs to introduce a limiting idea to create an illusion of limitless. I would not use the term “potential” because this term is highly suggestive of a timeline and a movement in time.

Relatively speaking, the term “manipulate” has value in many contexts. And I use that term at times. Yet it is part of a thought story in an effort to make sense of one’s reality. 

@Serotoninluv well yes, but absolute potential stretches limitless into the absolute - with a capital B. xD

never mind. of course it’s all thought story until it is not.

Edited by now is forever