rNOW

One Book

27 posts in this topic

Hypothetically, if your were moving to an island to live alone for a few years, and you were allowed to carry only one book with you, which book would you choose and why?

a bunch of Notebooks to reflect on yourself.

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

Power Of Now because of its practicality, simplicity and profundity. Addresses different forms of suffering and paths to realizing being . A book for both good times and bad times.

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

A blank journal with an infinite number of pages to write down your infinite insights.

J.C. Stevens book with Kriya Yoga practices. Maybe I could master it all.

Would never take "The Power of Now", it's entry-level weaksauce. Sorry guys xD

I have loved in the past too but coming back to it now there's nothing interesting.

Edited by Girzo

If I wasn't an Idiot, I would take Beelzebub's Tales To His Grandson instead of Power Of Now.

IMG_0555.JPG

"To have a free mind is to be a universal heretic." - A.H. Almaas

"We have to bless the living crap out of everyone." - Matt Kahn

The psychology of men's possible evolution by Peter Ouspensky. Why? To understand why the hack I chose to move alone for a few years on an deserted island 🏝... Maybe 🤔 Depends how many years... 

quick google search: Bushcraft 101: A Field Guide to the Art of Wilderness Survival

why?

Survival

Tolle is a great guy. But, in that case I'm becoming food.

Facebook.

"Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too!" -- Terence McKenna

2 hours ago, John Lula said:

Facebook

You're already on the island 🏝 🙃

Macbook.

"Every culture that's ever existed has operated under the illusion that it understood 95% of reality and that the other 5% would be delivered in the next 18 months, and from Egypt forward they've been running around believing they had a perfect grip on things and yet we look back at every society that preceded us with great smugness at how naive they all were. Well, it never occurs to us, then, that maybe we're whistling in the dark too!" -- Terence McKenna

This was asked somewhere. The answer there was- A book about how to build a  boat.

A Course in Miracles

It's poetry and every time I read it, I get something new and different.