Wisebaxter

If God is all Loving, how can it Experience Hatred?

53 posts in this topic

Ok, so in a non-dual sense, all is God and God is all loving, that's one of the fundamental aspects of God, so I've heard teacher's say and so I've experienced on Psychedelics. But how then can God experience this thing it calls hatred? If God is a smart mind and my mind is included in that, my mind can conceptualise something it calls hatred, so this must also be God's experience, if all is God. So, God does have the capacity for hatred....

Why then is God thought to be pure love and this is taught as the thing to attain? Is it because this is the result of evolution and expanding consciousness? We do seem to be being pushed towards love, which could be God trying to awaken to itself. But If I've hated, God has hated, as my mind is it's mind. Even if my I is conceptual, that's still God having a concept of hatred and experiencing it. Where am I going wrong? 

Edited by Wisebaxter

@Wisebaxter

notice that the word 'hatred' is perspective dependent. 

If your enemy is harmed, it is regarded as a blessing.

If your fella is harmed, it is hatred.

Your very act of breathing is a violent act of killing millions of germs. The process of procreation and giving birth itself is a violent process. Where will you draw the line?

Both the concepts of love and hatred are devils tool to manipulate reality to get it's own agenda met

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

in other words, God is so loving that hatred is not excluded from that love. Now good luck trying to explain that to religious folks and atheists lol 

Edited by Preetom

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''

40 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

Ok, so in a non-dual sense, all is God and God is all loving, that's one of the fundamental aspects of God

In a non-dual sense, God is all aspects and God is no aspects.

40 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

But how then can God experience this thing it calls hatred?

Love vs Hate is a duality. In a nondual sense, Love = Hate

42 minutes ago, Wisebaxter said:

Why then is God thought to be pure love and this is taught as the thing to attain?

Because at the dualistic human level, humans like to feel love, not hate. How many humans would attend a spiritual retreat with the theme "Love is Hate"? Not many. Humans are attracted to the squeezy stuff like serenity, bliss, love etc.

Maybe because people try to use word Love in every place they can, here is your answer, if you do not use word Love as some holy grail and rephrase your question you will find answer. 

It is like using word planet to describe certain planet. 

Edited by purerogue

To me hate is a illusion that is only seen as duality like seeing the act in a sort term and not the bigger picture and parts of the long term we don't get to see or experience for others that is. In our case we are to ignorant to see the bigger picture.

Is being brutally attacked by demons really so bad when you were a child if you learn how to be so strong and defeat them in the long run and help everyone from demons when your older and you become stronger?? See to become stronger you have to suffer sometimes. Hates is love in the long run so to say :)

"Your the left eye and i am the right would it not be madness to fight, WE COME ONE." - Faithless

@Wisebaxter You are conflating love in absolute terms with love in relative terms.

• Relative love is called love because of hate. 
  • Absolute love has no opposites and cannot be explained in terms of anything else.

God's love is called that because it does not reject anything.
Not even the relative hate, even if human resists the said hate.

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

God includes everything so hatred is included as God. God cannot reject anything or dislike anything because there is only Him. He is both love and hatred, both the devil and the All-Good.

I'm conscious of It right now, there is only It. I am It. You are It. There is only That which I am conscious of right now and it is One and existent.

3 minutes ago, Highest said:

God includes everything so hatred is included as God. God cannot reject anything or dislike anything because there is only Him. He is both love and hatred, both the devil and the All-Good.

I'm conscious of It right now, there is only It. I am It. You are It. There is only That which I am conscious of right now and it is One and existent.

How do you know all these things about God?  Did you go up to the Mountain and get tablets?  Maybe you had a little pow-wow with God up there.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

How do you know all these things about God?  Did you go up to the Mountain and get tablets?

That's a long history. Tedens can tell you about it ?

2 minutes ago, Highest said:

That's a long history. Tedens can tell you about it ?

No, I want you to tell me about it.  I'm all ears.  It's the elephant in the room regarding your whole belief structure.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I will message you how I became conscious of God and that It is Everything tomorrow. Can't copy the story with my phone and I sold my computer. But I will copy what I told Tedens tomorrow and send it to you ?

Just now, Highest said:

I will message you how I became conscious of God and that It is Everything tomorrow. Can't copy the story with my phone and I sold my computer. But I will copy what I told Tedens tomorrow and send it to you ?

I wish you would share that here with all of us.  That would be most ideal.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I wish you would share that here with all of us.  That would be most ideal.

Okay, I will create a topic about it tomorrow for everyone to see.

God is love, love is connection. God is connection. The absence of love is disconnection. Blaming someone else for one's own disconnection is hate. 

God is not everything. In order for God to exist there has to be an absence of God. Just like in order for light to exist there has to be darkness. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

@Wisebaxter for this issue, you must drop all your ideologies and moralizations, Including the idea that hatred is a "capacity" or that it exists at all.

You understand that nondual consciousness (the Godhead) is pure love, and you've verified that with direct experience. So, as any rational being would expect, there MUST be a counterforce like Yin-yang to balance it out. And you've assumed that an experience of hate is a direct opposite to love, and must have the same capacities and qualities as love. That's a completely normal line of reasoning, and I think we've been down that line. However, it turns out this is false and nothing more than a story.

Let's deconstruct hate. H8. 8 = infinity. Infinity = Love. H8 is just a modified, distorted version of love! As a side note, this must mean that ate = infinity, so food = love. Yup, checks out. (I have absolutely no idea what I did there, but it made sense to me :D). 

Ok, let's get to the same conclusion the right way. All hate on all levels, whether it's individual or collective, inward or outward, boils down to one thing: separation. You seek to distance yourself from something else. This is impossible because all things are fundamentally connected, and this is demonstrated even clearer in self-hated, because you cannot distance yourself from yourself. Self-hatred is quite a self-destructive mindset, because it is impossible without inventing further subdivisions of your own psyche to attempt to distance yourself from. Hatred is just an illusion of the ego. 

Let's take the example of racism: a white man appears to hate a black man. If you dive into why the white man is racist, you can trace it to a projection of his psyche, and that projection traces to a lack of love in other areas. It's not that there's this thing called "hate" inside him, it's that this concept we call hate is just a direct mirroring and projection of not receiving enough love himself. Love is connection, and all things are connected. That is our true nature. To hate is to separate, and because true separation is not possible, we create the illusion of separation through mentally subdividing the whole and judging the parts. Turning this into an ideology. An ideology is nothing more than a mental framework based on subdivision and separation. 

So next time you hear that people are "spreading hate," you'll know exactly what that means. 

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

figured I’ll share the link to this awesome piece on Love ?

Sorry I double commented the same thing. I deleted this one for clarity, my proper comment is above

Edited by TheAvatarState
Double comment

"The greatest illusion of all is the illusion of separation." - Guru Pathik

Sent from my iEgo

2 hours ago, Preetom said:

@Wisebaxter

Both the concepts of love and hatred are devils tool to manipulate reality to get it's own agenda met

@Preetom But when we say the Devil's tools we also have to say 'God's tools' as the two aren't seperate. If my ego has a self Agenda then God has a self Agenda, as my ego, seeing as my ego is part of God. The experience of an ego, is still an experience God is having isn't it? Unless we say it's God having forgotten itself...

1 minute ago, Wisebaxter said:

@Preetom But when we say the Devil's tools we also have to say 'God's tools' as the two aren't seperate. If my ego has a self Agenda then God has a self Agenda, as my ego, seeing as my ego is part of God. The experience of an ego, is still an experience God is having isn't it? Unless we say it's God having forgotten itself...

We are never gonna figure this out through talking xD 

Do you still feel like using words or are you getting frustrated with the dryness of words?

''Not this...

Not this...

PLEASE...Not this...''