Shaun

If everything else is an illusion, why does Leo make videos?

102 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Look at how your Ego got triggered.  I’m impressed!  Stop telling me what to do.  You’re not yet ready to hear what I have to say on here — others are though and appreciate my voice.

Yeah because that is not egotic at all 9_9

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yeah because that is not egotic at all 9_9

Your reaction to me was classic unenlightened Ego dude.  And I’m really surprised.  I thougiht you were at a higher level.  Your humor made me think that initially.  But no, you’re just humorous — that doesn’t necessarily signal advanced placement on the Path.  Your actions spoke and gave you away haha.  Oops!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Your reaction to me was classic unenlightened Ego dude.  And I’m really surprised.  I thougiht you were at a higher level.  Your humor made me think that initially.  But no, you’re just humorous — that doesn’t necessarily signal advanced placement on the Path.  Your actions spoke and gave you away haha.  Oops!

You're still highly deluded and that's the reason I'm an ass to you, because no one else is being the mirror you need to see your own bullshit.

So as long as you are being full of shit I'm gonna telling you you are, sometimes, just like I expect everyone else to do the same for me.

God is love

And God in them

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

I have been feeling better recently so I revisited the what is god video and Leo said it himself that he had an insight and a freakout

I saw that video. Was not a freak out, was blissful, pure joy, pure relief.

that his parents and everything else basically don't exist and that he created the whole illusion

That’s why it’s a relief. 

which I, writing this post am a part of.

And he is of your illusion. 

He even checked with an enlightened friend to confirm.

Tee he he 

Why then does he continue to make videos for a non existent audience?

You exist. Everyone exists. Everyone is the one, the one is being everyone. Everyone is one Being, you.

Could it be a paradox that he is the only creator yet you, I and everyone else is also?

Sure can. Get comfy with paradox. Leave dualistic beliefs behind. Transcend.

Is it right to say that the world and all in it do not actually exist as matter but it's just all consciousness like what Rupert Spira says?

Yes. But you are that consciousness. You “exist”. You waaay more than you think you are. Thinking limits. 

What about the zen master Thich Nhat Hanh, he never talks about himself being god but everything interbeing. The lotus can not be without the mud and so on.

Give Leo a break, and you give yourself about Leo a break. There’s nothing to gain comparing. They are you in actuality anyways. Do not look to them or anyone for the Truth. Look in yourself, check there first before believing anyone. Makes sense, no?

4 hours ago, Shaun said:

That was a pretty good answer. I hope to have a discussion with everyone at length here about it as the whole thing has been causing me a lot of stress.

“The Whole Thing” is not causing your stress. Avoiding the Truth is causing the stress. You avoid the Truth by believing you are a part. You avoid Truth, with beliefs. 

The main thing that really upsets me is the possibility that other people are not real. They are not having any conscious experience of their own.

Consciousness = Experience.        No “there own”, no “your own”, no “my own”. There is just consciousness / Isness / Now (rather, what those words points to).

If that is true, then basically that is like finding out that my entire family has been murdered right now because they are basically dead

No it’s not. Finding out your family is murdered is finding out your family is murdered. Finding out reality is all God is the greatest Joy possible. Miraculously, when you look around, everyone still appears exactly the same. Not only do they appear the same, but they will still insist they are “not enlightened”. There’s just no explaining that but it’s true.

. Rupert and other teachers say that consciousness takes the form of all things including our "finite minds". This is different from what Leo said which sounds pretty much to me like solipsism where nothing else actually exists.

Solipsism is the consciousness that you know as a person is real, and no one else is in the same boat. The consciousness you know is real, and again, it’s magic, but, same is true for “everyone else”. 

Could it be that we are all co creating this same reality from consciousness?

It could be that “we” are each the one creating our own reality, yet it magically appears as if there is an objective physical reality “we” are all “in”. You’d have to be infinite to pull that off though. Not sure it’s possible. Let me know. 

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

I know, Leo's videos are addressing egos.

If I saw myself everwhere, that would be kind of interesting but if I literally created it all and everything and everyone else is a total illusion or cardboard cutouts as Rupert Spira said, that would send me into a state of unfathomable terror and total insanity. A loneliness from which suicide would not be an escape.

Draaamaaa. 

Shaun: “Ya, so, I realized I’m God, an eternal infinite unconditional Being. It’s really terrible. I have to live out the rest of this life knowing that. Soooo terrible”  ?

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I just can't see how living alone in an illusion of my own making can bring any form of happiness.

You brought the happiness. Don’t look for it. You’re it. The whole “thing” is made of you.

I guess this ego must die and then I will be OK with everyone else around me not experiencing anything I do for them. I now feel like I am asking my own simulation for answers. How absurd.

I know right!? You could be self inquiring, dropping the beliefs, and discovering your infinite levels of awesomeness. 

2 hours ago, Shaun said:

I've had that thought a few times and I am basically living my life in a sort of back and forwards state, one moment I am living life normally and getting on with it, the next I am freaking out a bit about everyone possibly not existing.

“The sensations that feel good are cool, but when sensations don’t feel good, I don’t listen to them, I run like hell in fear”.

I am probably just confused as different teachers are saying different things, almost like in religion.

They’re all saying the same thing. Are you looking for differences and finding them, or are you looking for inclusion and finding it?

Leo discovered he is The All That Is, and it is Love. He discovered he can do whatever he wants, and it doesn’t matter. He has chosen to help everyone in the world discover this real Joy and Peace, and you’re thinking there is something more worthwhile he should be doing....?      Define for yourself what that is that he should be doing, and do that!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

19 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Your actions spoke and gave you away

Careful now, there were no actions and no speaking, just words on a screen. Words which you interpreted and reacted to. Don't get lost in the @Shin fantasy.

10 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're still highly deluded and that's the reason I'm an ass to you,

Don't get too lost in the @Joseph Maynor fantasy, even if you enjoy it.

All stories and explanations are false.

18 minutes ago, Shin said:

You're still highly deluded and that's the reason I'm an ass to you, because no one else is being the mirror you need to see your own bullshit.

So as long as you are being full of shit I'm gonna telling you you are, sometimes, just like I expect everyone else to do the same for me.

Ok.  Well I guess it takes one to know one.  Have a good day.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Too much advises? It means that you have to grow on your own expieriences.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Ok.  Well I guess it takes one to know one.  Have a good day.

There is only two person I'm that direct with,

Me and my best friend.

And obviously the reason is not hate ...

God is love

And God in them

15 minutes ago, Shin said:

There is only two person I'm that direct with,

Me and my best friend.

And obviously the reason is not hate ...

Oh brother.  Keep talking.  Gimme some more stories.  I love stories.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Back to the topic question. Whatever a person say or do, the person can only become a pointer to truth. Truth is not taught; it's realized. It's hard to point to truth if the person never became truth. Yes, Leo did attempt to point to truth several times and tries to apply it in real life.

I have noticed that Leo does contradict himself a lot too. In one of his videos I remember him giving a metaphor about how consciousness is like a sponge and each of us are like the empty spaces or bubbles in it. In his more recent videos he is basically saying he is the only bubble and he created the whole thing. I know this is all just mental masturbation and it just leads to arguments but I still feel that it should be discussed. 

Edited by Shaun

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

I've only ever watched 3 of his vids, and to me he's not really sharing or teaching anything that hasn't already been taught for millennia by the truly enlightened .To me he's just sharing what he's read and learned from them,mixed with his own practical experience, insights, and interpretation. But to give credit where credit is due,he's also putting in the effort to realize it for himself. Imo,if that happens in a big way he won't be teaching the way we know or see it now (intellectual knowledge and or theory),, but from a reality that has awakened deep within the heart/core of his being, and is far beyond the intellect.

Imo,,he's a virtual encyclopedia of sound, spiritual theory and in that regard,a good resource for anyone looking for a solid theoretical base in which to start from.

Edited by Big Guru Balls

If your name is on the guest list, No one can take you higher
Everybody says I've got... great balls of fire!

I suppose that's a good way to put it and maybe I have been taking Leo's words far too literally. I have been spending so long basically thinking that nothing else exists in any way shape or form whatsoever. I hope Leo does a video on nihilism soon because that too will be useful.

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

@Shaun Because everything is not an illusion. There is so many different dimensions to this life that calling it illusion is unnecessarily dismissive. You can self-realize and experience your true nature as peace. All you have to do for that is to stop using the mind to confine experience into logical equations. You can detach fully from life and experience it as a meaningless void. You can blow out your sensory limits and experience metaphysical phenomena. You can cling to your body and your ego and experience the dimension time. All of this is possible. 

Let's call any of these modes of existence a dimension.

The issue is that people who operate at different dimensions tend to label the experience of others who live in other dimensions as illusion. But it isn't so. No matter what your reality is, it is still reality. It is God.

Hence one definition of enlightenment: the realization that there has never been ignorance in the first place. 

On 3/18/2019 at 10:38 PM, Nahm said:

Leo discovered he is The All That Is, and it is Love. He discovered he can do whatever he wants, and it doesn’t matter. He has chosen to help everyone in the world discover this real Joy and Peace, and you’re thinking there is something more worthwhile he should be doing....?      Define for yourself what that is that he should be doing, and do that!

That is as contradiction though as he literally said that nobody else exists. There is nobody else there having their own experience of life according to him. And with that, there is nobody to help. I find the whole thing absurd and confusing.

5 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Shaun Because everything is not an illusion. There is so many different dimensions to this life that calling it illusion is unnecessarily dismissive. You can self-realize and experience your true nature as peace. All you have to do for that is to stop using the mind to confine experience into logical equations. You can detach fully from life and experience it as a meaningless void. You can blow out your sensory limits and experience metaphysical phenomena. You can cling to your body and your ego and experience the dimension time. All of this is possible. 

Let's call any of these modes of existence a dimension.

The issue is that people who operate at different dimensions tend to label the experience of others who live in other dimensions as illusion. But it isn't so. No matter what your reality is, it is still reality. It is God.

Hence one definition of enlightenment: the realization that there has never been ignorance in the first place. 

I think a part of me still knows that. I would like Leo to reply to this when he returns from the retreat but I kind of know what he will tell me.

4 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Shaun It’s not confusing if you accept you’re dreaming right now.

Leo isn't dreaming though. He has had many awakening experiences and may be close to enlightenment yet he still wants to help people who he says do not exist, who are figments of his imagination. The only motivation for doing this that I can see is to ensure his survival within the empty meaningless projection called reality which he created.

7 minutes ago, David Hammond said:

Everything exists, but it's is no-thing (meaning it cannot be grasped or categorised). Another word for no-thingness is the Buddhist term "emptiness". In Buddhism it is said that emptiness is form. It all exists, but it exists as no-thing (ungrapsapable).

We cannot step into the same river twice. We can go to a river and swim in it every day and our mind will say that we bathe in the same river daily. But the water that makes up the river is actually never the same. However the human mind cannot grasp this, so it has to freeze the dynamic nothingness into a form that it can handle.

That's what I have heard the majority of enlightened people saying and that makes sense somewhat but Leo isn't enlightened yet and his claims are a bit different to what Osho, Thich Nhat hanh, Rupert Spira and others say.