Shaun

If everything else is an illusion, why does Leo make videos?

102 posts in this topic

+ Matt Kahn + Byron Katie

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

9 minutes ago, mandyjw said:

I love Leo, but you have a lot of very valid concerns. Leo says himself he has a hardnosed masculine approach to enlightenment. He is overly focused on the dark aspects of self, and I'm really hoping he comes back and balances those out more. In the meantime it's important to balance his teachings with a lot more softer approaches (or non-approaches) to awakening and wisdom, Pema Chodron, Eckhart Tolle, Tara Brach, etc. 

Exactly, I am in a state of limbo just now going between nothing being real and there is only me (solipsism) to all of us sharing our being. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

20 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Exactly, I am in a state of limbo just now going between nothing being real and there is only me (solipsism) to all of us sharing our being. 

It's both.

You're never gonna make sense of it with your mind though,

That's actually why you're suffering, you try to figure it out with your imagination and come to nasty conclusions that aren't true,

And that's because they aren't true that they are scary/feels bad.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shaun Both are true simultaneously and paradoxically. Just stop trying to sort it out and focus on what feels good. There's nothing wrong or untrue about focusing on what makes you feel good. Especially since that's the direction you need to go in right now to even just balance out. 

My Youtube Channel- Light on Earth “We dance round in a ring and suppose, but the Secret sits in the middle and knows.”― Robert Frost

On 22.3.2019 at 2:56 PM, Shaun said:

solipsism is normal - solipsism is actually always there when you are alone it always has been there and it returns over and over again. you just haven’t seen it that clearly ever before. and in a sense you can say it’s important to watch it very carefully - watch it’s mechanism see how solipsism works, how interesting that is, if you can observe the mechanism you can observe all the little tricks and devilries solipsism plays on you - there is only you! i’m just you talking to yourself.?

find out if that’s true.

Edited by now is forever

On 22/03/2019 at 6:09 PM, David Hammond said:

On 22/03/2019 at 1:44 PM, mandyjw said:

Sorry but that is complete madness. If that is true you should kill yourself right now as there is utterly no point. Not even a point in enjoying the dream or being compassionate to others. You are proposing that my mind is the only mind appearing in infinite consciousness? This place is a cult and it is bloody dangerous. 

“Words are like Leaves; And where they most abound, Much Fruit of Sense beneath is rarely found.”

Who told you that illusions are not part of That which is Everything? There is only It, all illusions are included in It. 

There is therefore no valid reasons why Leo can't or should not make videos. It's all the play of the One. 

On 18/03/2019 at 7:16 PM, Shaun said:

Is it right to say that the world and all in it do not actually exist as matter but it's just all consciousness like what Rupert Spira says?

Completely right. There is only It. 

12 minutes ago, Highest said:

Completely right. There is only It. 

Yet Leo and several others here claim ownership of that consciousness and start calling themselves god. Yes, they are in god, an apparently separate part of god just as a ripple appears in an ocean. The ripple never created the ocean but is an intimate part of it. 

22 minutes ago, Shaun said:

Yet Leo and several others here claim ownership of that consciousness and start calling themselves god. Yes, they are in god, an apparently separate part of god just as a ripple appears in an ocean. The ripple never created the ocean but is an intimate part of it. 

On 18/03/2019 at 7:16 PM, Shaun said:

Taking ownership of It is the ego. Becoming conscious that you are It means you are It 100% and that only It exists. It thus follows that "You" don't exist, you exist only as It. You see the difference? 

1 hour ago, Shaun said:

if consciousness is an ocean then it's filled with a lot of bubbles and drops and in every drop lies an ocean.

so how is the little ripple called you creating its ocean? isn’t it very self righteous with creating the devil and then saying the devil is not the creator itself.

Edited by now is forever

2 hours ago, now is forever said:

if consciousness is an ocean then it's filled with a lot of bubbles and drops and in every drop lies an ocean.

so how is the little ripple called you creating its ocean? isn’t it very self righteous with creating the devil and then saying the devil is not the creator itself.

I'm agreed with you, each of our minds, an apparent limitation of consciousness are creating this reality. Notice I said EACH. There isn't just my mind. That is just stupid. I suggest you people read The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira, it is helping me to undo some of the utterly disgusting devilish trickery Leo spins in his videos, to use his own words. Come on, if your little mind is all that there is then there's nowhere to go from there. There is no point in doing anything for anyone and as I said, you should kill yourself in the hope you can avoid manifesting into such a fake, lifeless living hell. Maybe I am one of the very few on here who still has a brain in manifestation between their ears?

Edited by Shaun

41 minutes ago, Shaun said:

I'm agreed with you, each of our minds, an apparent limitation of consciousness are creating this reality. Notice I said EACH. There isn't just my mind. That is just stupid. I suggest you people read The Nature of Consciousness by Rupert Spira, it is helping me to undo some of the utterly disgusting devilish trickery Leo spins in his videos, to use his own words. Come on, if your little mind is all that there is then there's nowhere to go from there. There is no point in doing anything for anyone and as I said, you should kill yourself in the hope you can avoid manifesting into such a fake, lifeless living hell. Maybe I am one of the very few on here who still has a brain in manifestation between their ears?

no - you have just forgotten that you are not the only one. and that’s the true devil acting out.

you are the person who either is disgusted by what you see in yourself or what you see in another person. but who showed that to you?

who is showing that to you?

Edited by now is forever

The Egg

By: Andy Weir

You were on your way home when you died.

It was a car accident. Nothing particularly remarkable, but fatal nonetheless. You left behind a wife and two children. It was a painless death. The EMTs tried their best to save you, but to no avail. Your body was so utterly shattered you were better off, trust me.

And that’s when you met me.

“What… what happened?” You asked. “Where am I?”

“You died,” I said, matter-of-factly. No point in mincing words.

“There was a… a truck and it was skidding…”

“Yup,” I said.

“I… I died?”

“Yup. But don’t feel bad about it. Everyone dies,” I said.

You looked around. There was nothingness. Just you and me. “What is this place?” You asked. “Is this the afterlife?”

“More or less,” I said.

“Are you god?” You asked.

“Yup,” I replied. “I’m God.”

“My kids… my wife,” you said.

“What about them?”

“Will they be all right?”

“That’s what I like to see,” I said. “You just died and your main concern is for your family. That’s good stuff right there.”

You looked at me with fascination. To you, I didn’t look like God. I just looked like some man. Or possibly a woman. Some vague authority figure, maybe. More of a grammar school teacher than the almighty.

“Don’t worry,” I said. “They’ll be fine. Your kids will remember you as perfect in every way. They didn’t have time to grow contempt for you. Your wife will cry on the outside, but will be secretly relieved. To be fair, your marriage was falling apart. If it’s any consolation, she’ll feel very guilty for feeling relieved.”

“Oh,” you said. “So what happens now? Do I go to heaven or hell or something?”

“Neither,” I said. “You’ll be reincarnated.”

“Ah,” you said. “So the Hindus were right,”

“All religions are right in their own way,” I said. “Walk with me.”

You followed along as we strode through the void. “Where are we going?”

“Nowhere in particular,” I said. “It’s just nice to walk while we talk.”

“So what’s the point, then?” You asked. “When I get reborn, I’ll just be a blank slate, right? A baby. So all my experiences and everything I did in this life won’t matter.”

“Not so!” I said. “You have within you all the knowledge and experiences of all your past lives. You just don’t remember them right now.”

I stopped walking and took you by the shoulders. “Your soul is more magnificent, beautiful, and gigantic than you can possibly imagine. A human mind can only contain a tiny fraction of what you are. It’s like sticking your finger in a glass of water to see if it’s hot or cold. You put a tiny part of yourself into the vessel, and when you bring it back out, you’ve gained all the experiences it had.

“You’ve been in a human for the last 48 years, so you haven’t stretched out yet and felt the rest of your immense consciousness. If we hung out here for long enough, you’d start remembering everything. But there’s no point to doing that between each life.”

“How many times have I been reincarnated, then?”

“Oh lots. Lots and lots. An in to lots of different lives.” I said. “This time around, you’ll be a Chinese peasant girl in 540 AD.”

“Wait, what?” You stammered. “You’re sending me back in time?”

“Well, I guess technically. Time, as you know it, only exists in your universe. Things are different where I come from.”

“Where you come from?” You said.

“Oh sure,” I explained “I come from somewhere. Somewhere else. And there are others like me. I know you’ll want to know what it’s like there, but honestly you wouldn’t understand.”

“Oh,” you said, a little let down. “But wait. If I get reincarnated to other places in time, I could have interacted with myself at some point.”

“Sure. Happens all the time. And with both lives only aware of their own lifespan you don’t even know it’s happening.”

“So what’s the point of it all?”

“Seriously?” I asked. “Seriously? You’re asking me for the meaning of life? Isn’t that a little stereotypical?”

“Well it’s a reasonable question,” you persisted.

I looked you in the eye. “The meaning of life, the reason I made this whole universe, is for you to mature.”

“You mean mankind? You want us to mature?”

“No, just you. I made this whole universe for you. With each new life you grow and mature and become a larger and greater intellect.”

“Just me? What about everyone else?”

“There is no one else,” I said. “In this universe, there’s just you and me.”

You stared blankly at me. “But all the people on earth…”

“All you. Different incarnations of you.”

“Wait. I’m everyone!?”

“Now you’re getting it,” I said, with a congratulatory slap on the back.

“I’m every human being who ever lived?”

“Or who will ever live, yes.”

“I’m Abraham Lincoln?”

“And you’re John Wilkes Booth, too,” I added.

“I’m Hitler?” You said, appalled.

“And you’re the millions he killed.”

“I’m Jesus?”

“And you’re everyone who followed him.”

You fell silent.

“Every time you victimized someone,” I said, “you were victimizing yourself. Every act of kindness you’ve done, you’ve done to yourself. Every happy and sad moment ever experienced by any human was, or will be, experienced by you.”

You thought for a long time.

“Why?” You asked me. “Why do all this?”

“Because someday, you will become like me. Because that’s what you are. You’re one of my kind. You’re my child.”

“Whoa,” you said, incredulous. “You mean I’m a god?”

“No. Not yet. You’re a fetus. You’re still growing. Once you’ve lived every human life throughout all time, you will have grown enough to be born.”

“So the whole universe,” you said, “it’s just…”

“An egg.” I answered. “Now it’s time for you to move on to your next life.”

And I sent you on your way.

So is this story is proposing that the infinite I exists simultaneously as everyone in the present moment and each apparently separate person is having their own apparently separate experience?

The story makes perfect sense to me. And it is very good at explaining what you guys been talking about ITT.

The story and Leo seems to be saying that all of reality is just one man's dream yet countless other spiritual teachers say that reality is a dream but it is not a man's dream. All of us appear within and are made of that one I. The madness being peddled here is dangerous and needs to stop. How can you guys honestly live your solipsistic lives believing that your best friends and family have no reality to them whatsoever apart from just a sight or a perception? They are not living their own life with their own set of perceptions in this dream just like you? The very reason you all continue your lives is because part of you knows that's just bullshit.

Pick any game you like, why do you play it? The game itself is an illusion, bytes depicted as virtual pixels on a screen, you play because it is fun and engages you in an emotional way that reflects something from the more "real" world.

Illusion does not equal bad, evil, to avoid, empty, dull. Illusion are tools, that can be used to grow/learn.

Just be mindful of the game of life, don't get to caught up with it and you should be fine.

11 minutes ago, Principium Nexus said:

Pick any game you like, why do you play it? The game itself is an illusion, bytes depicted as virtual pixels on a screen, you play because it is fun and engages you in an emotional way that reflects something from the more "real" world.

Illusion does not equal bad, evil, to avoid, empty, dull. Illusion are tools, that can be used to grow/learn.

Just be mindful of the game of life, don't get to caught up with it and you should be fine.

I am pretty happy to play the game if there are other players in it.

3 hours ago, Shaun said:

The story and Leo seems to be saying that all of reality is just one man's dream yet countless other spiritual teachers say that reality is a dream but it is not a man's dream. All of us appear within and are made of that one I. The madness being peddled here is dangerous and needs to stop. How can you guys honestly live your solipsistic lives believing that your best friends and family have no reality to them whatsoever apart from just a sight or a perception? They are not living their own life with their own set of perceptions in this dream just like you? The very reason you all continue your lives is because part of you knows that's just bullshit.

hehe, partially you are right but in my case it’s certainly not a mans dream and i can understand why spiritual teachers say, life is not a mans dream! they are so right - but as i am a woman i certainly see how it also can’t be completely a woman’s dream as mostly it’s really acted out as a mans dream, thats the true problem of solipsism it has always been there all along! you play to get a hold unto it - if you make it happen to find the godly in you, your true self, solipsism will change and you‘ll find that it was god/ess all along.

Edited by now is forever