Cortex

And Once You Awake You Should Remain Awake Eternally

140 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Aaron p said:

I can't wait to have the revelation that I am immortal

@Aaron p Was just listening to Nisargadatta and heard some interesting quotes.

"Being is temporary. Non being is a bottomless ocean of bliss"

"When there is deep sleep there is no beingness. When you are awake try to catch hold of that same state "

6 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

It's funny how you guys turn this back around on me when I challenge your beliefs.  I'll find out when I die, I don't presume like you to know in advance.

?

Existance is God dreaming an infinite dream and you are in it.

You dream of annilation! You can never be anniliated. You can dream there is a “real” and you are “alive”, but then, “you’d” be scared to “leave it”.     

A dream is just a dream, only when it’s “real”, do we make up stories...like birth, death, alive, etc. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

4 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

Existance is God dreaming an infinite dream and your in it.

It's too good to be true, but still I don't know, so it's just a belief for me.

Likewise, I can believe that God will punish me after the dream ends.

2 minutes ago, Nahm said:

You dream of annilation! You can never be anniliated. You can dream there is a “real” and you are “alive”, but then, “you’d” be scared to “leave it”.     

A dream is just a dream, only when it’s “real”, do we make up stories...like birth, death, alive, etc. 

I like this analogy!

And it seems convincing, just like the materialist paradigm I used to believe in.

When death is on the door, and thoughts arise non-stop, what to do then?

That's right, this reality is just one dream out of infinite number of dreams 

34 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

It's too good to be true, but still I don't know, so it's just a belief for me.

Likewise, I can believe that God will punish me after the dream ends.

Maybe you take it too literally? 

Besides, if your part of the dream who is there to be "punished"? The only exception would be when the dream starts to believe it's real and takes on a life of it's own. Then it often punishes itself (suffers) because it is detached from God.

But maybe that's just me being one of Gods infinite dreams.:)

14 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

According to Joseph Maynor you are all wrong. According to him this is the only one time existence or dream ever, after this there is just eternal death ?

@ActualizedDavid Haha, and that comes from Teal, one of the most deluded human beings on earth. Blowing the whistle on herself. I actually laughed a bit.

Oy.  Don't speak for me please.  I never said "this is the only time existence or dream ever."  Those are your words not mine.  You don't play fair.  You don't need to "defeat" me to ensure that your cherished beliefs remain intact.  I've never experienced someone attempt so many shady rhetorical moves in a discussion on here.  Why would my mere disagreeing with your beliefs trigger such conduct from you?  That's the question.  Can you even handle being disagreed with?  It doesn't appear so.  You are clearly invested in your beliefs.  Holding on for dear life!  No pun intended.  You can keep your beliefs, I'm not going to take them away from you.  It's ok.  Everything is ok.  You're safe.  Let's all take a deep breath.  I want to honor @cetus56 and stop this sniping back and forth right now.  Let's bury the hatchet.  We can operate above the belt in our discourses on here.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

39 minutes ago, Truth Addict said:

And it seems convincing, just like the materialist paradigm I used to believe in.

When death is on the door, and thoughts arise non-stop, what to do then?

....with thoughts?

First, forgive yourself for having been undisciplined your entire life.

Then redirect the thinking into a feverish stream of inquiry and actually do the work; inspect your own direct experience of your birth, and of death. Investigate your own direct experience of being not alive; which is being used as the basis to believe “alive”.  

I’d suggest doing this right away, and until you fully realize that birth & death was always just a belief, that you perpetuated, now

...“Used to believe in”?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

8 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I know who I am, do you know who you are?  I think probably not.  I think you're in fantasy-land.

Joseph tell us, who are You?

13 hours ago, tedens said:

Joseph tell us, who are You?

Being.  And even this isn't quite correct because being doesn't fit into any conceptual box.  I'm not obsessed with defining who I am.  I'm ok with emptiness.  Emptiness and change.  I don't need to carve out a no-change for me to exist in.  That's only clinging to a belief.  Thanks for the fair question.  To say being is me is to cling to a thought.  Being doesn't need a thought to be being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Emptiness is the enlightenment, infinite emptiness which can take on any form that it wants 

6 minutes ago, Cortex said:

Emptiness is the enlightenment, infinite emptiness which can take on any form that it wants 

Where we disagree is you think being has the property of "infinite emptiness which can take on any form that it wants."  That's a thought you're laying on top of being.  I stop at being.  Just being, no properties because properties are all talk, all thought, all belief.  It's just being, not me, not God, not my being, none of that -- just being.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor

12 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Being.  And even this isn't quite correct because being doesn't fit into any conceptual box.  I'm not obsessed with defining who I am. 

Is Being mortal?

6 minutes ago, tedens said:

Yes

Ok.  See, you went a step further than I do.  I say being has no properties because all properties are clinging to thought, talk, belief.  Mortality/ immortality is a duality.  Being is a transcendence of the Mind and its categories, including but not limited to its dualities.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Let's face it, Joseph Maynor is light years ahead of Mikael89. 

But yeah, once we awake is difficult to go back. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.