Cortex

And Once You Awake You Should Remain Awake Eternally

140 posts in this topic

On 3/4/2019 at 9:49 AM, Cortex said:

You're enlightened 

@Cortex I can't wait to just fucking die and get this shit overwith. Get some Bliss for God's sake, literally. 

44 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I don't feel comfortable saying I'm being

Cause You feel comfortable with ego what means that You don't know what You really  are.

Aaron p

I can't wait to just fucking die and get this shit overwith. Get some Bliss for God's sake, literally.

it will not do anything because of the ego

Edited by tedens

@Truth Addict ??

Imo, what is needed, is for you to notice the apparent separation of awareness and thoughts. 

It seems that pointers are going right to being contrasted against existing thought patterns and beliefs. 

I’d contemplate, by reading your last post, with the filter of “how much of this did I hear and believe, and how much is true, from my direct experience”.

Scrutinize every word, belief, and perspective. 

Loosen the adherence to beliefs. There are projections like an idea of God, that I’d lose something, that I’d lose my parents, etc. 

You’d expand. Not lose anything. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

6 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Is being aware of itself?

Interesting.  Doesn't this assume being is a thing though?  We must individuate being in order to ask if it is aware of itself, which is laying a concept over being.

5 hours ago, tedens said:

Cause You feel comfortable with ego what means that You don't know what You really  are.

it will not do anything because of the ego

You seem pretty confident in your assessment here.  Are you sure?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, tedens said:

@Joseph Maynor I mean that You don't get wind of what You really can be. 

I went through the God stage on the Path and then came out of that.  I realized that was my Ego-Mind clinging to belief.  All of that is documented in my Journals.  I've transcended the Mind enough to see everything that it clings to.  That's the great thing about finding being and realizing that being is not clinging to any thought, including the thought "I am this or that".

Edited by Joseph Maynor

13 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Interesting.  Doesn't this assume being is a thing though?  We must individuate being in order to ask if it is aware of itself, which is laying a concept over being.

I'm not talking about concepts. I'm asking you to look within your own experience. :P

If being is not aware what is. Or is there something that is aware?

8 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I'm not talking about concepts. I'm asking you to look within your own experience. :P

If being is not aware what is. Or is there something that is aware?

I'm inclined to think "awareness" is a concept that's laid on top of being.  Being without any thought present has nothing to do with "awareness".  We only consider "awareness" in being when the concept of "awareness" is present.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I'm inclined to think "awareness" is a concept that's laid on top of being.  Being without any thought present has nothing to do with "awareness".  We only consider "awareness" in being when the concept of "awareness" is present.  

But what would you say is aware of that?

"Aware" is a concept pointing to your direct experience. "Being" is a concept pointing to your direct experience. What is aware of experience?

Edited by WelcometoReality

1 hour ago, WelcometoReality said:

But what would you say is aware of that?

"Aware" is a concept pointing to your direct experience. "Being" is a concept pointing to your direct experience. What is aware of experience?

Why does there have to be "something aware"?  That seems like the Mind is forcing that thought on being to me.  The Mind is insisting.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Why does there have to be "something aware"?  That seems like the Mind is forcing that thought on being to me.  It's insisting.

I'm not saying that being is aware. I'm asking you how you would describe it. 

7 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

I'm not saying that being is aware. I'm asking you how you would describe it. 

I like the word "emptiness".  But even this word is misleading.  But it's the best word I thought of.  "This is me" is a thought "within" "emptiness" to use a crappy linguistic metaphor because I have no choice but to converse about being in language here.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I like the word "emptiness".  But even this word is misleading.  But it's the best word I thought of.  "This is me" is a thought "within" "emptiness" to use a crappy linguistic metaphor because I have no choice but to converse about being in language here.  

Is emptiness and being the same thing or how do they relate to each other?

17 hours ago, WelcometoReality said:

Is emptiness and being the same thing or how do they relate to each other?

See, that's already getting into concept-land.  "Being" is just a pointer to being. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

See, that's already getting into concept-land.  "Being" is just a pointer to being. 

Of course all words are just pointers. :D If you don't want to go there that's fine. 

3 minutes ago, WelcometoReality said:

Of course all words are just pointers. :D If you don't want to go there that's fine. 

I've gone there and back, and realized it was a trap of my Mind.  The Mind is a sneaky lil' devil!

Edited by Joseph Maynor

33 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I've gone there and back, and realized it was a trap of my Mind.  The Mind is a sneaky lil' devil!

Only if you believe it to be true. :D