Cortex

And Once You Awake You Should Remain Awake Eternally

140 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

No you don't.

You seem pretty convinced.  That much is evident.  Anybody can be stubborn.  Keep doubling-down on that and see where it gets you.  It's no skin off my back.  You know me better than I know myself according to you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, tsuki said:

The distinction your discussion revolves around is the word 'you'. What is the you that is, or isn't going to die?
There are many answers to this question and some of them point to the fact that you will die and some to the fact that you won't.
The body is going to die. The psyche is going to die. Your relatives are going to die. Humanity is going to die. Nature is going to die. Earth is going to die. The universe is going to die. Your country will die. The sun is going to die. Bacteria in your gut are constantly dying. The food you put on your table died and became you.

All of these things are and are not you, depending on how you look at them.

Nice!

8 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

You seem pretty convinced/stubborn too.

Actually I said I'm happy to find out about death when it happens to me.  How is that stubborn?  I'm not making any claims one way or the other.  You're the one who thinks you know all these things in advance about death through theory alone.  And then you project those beliefs onto me and judge me as "one of the most asleep persons on the Forum."  That's a pretty big Ego backlash on your part.  You must have the truth no matter what it seems.  I notice your footer confidently states, "All is seen."  Wow.  No wonder you can't stand being disagreed with.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Nice!

❤️

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

9 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Exactly.

Well, you say that you are 100% certain about death (the same type of death which materialists believe in).

Those are your words.  Please don't put words in my mouth.  I was very careful in how I used language and what I said.  Calling me a Materialist is a rhetorical move that's clearly not ready for prime time.  Someone disagreed with your beliefs, can you deal with that?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I can't believe I'm arguing with someone about whether we will die or not.  This is surreal.  This is what happens when you get stuck in the story of Enlightenment.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

lol

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Belief has nothing to do with death.  Death laughs at beliefs.  You can have all the beliefs you want, you'll still die.

@Joseph Maynor

All the dead, enlightened gurus of humanity agree with you.

Edited by FoxFoxFox

That's right, they are already dead inside and enlightened 

17 hours ago, FoxFoxFox said:

@Joseph Maynor

All the dead, enlightened gurus of humanity agree with you.

Somebody's dying around here or else the global population would become unsustainable really fast.  Of course the Ego wants to go beyond life and death.  The idea of being annihilated is why we make up stories -- fear of death.  So, what's the belief, that "consciousness" survives death?  Is that your story?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Yes. The point is not to attain immortality through enlightenment. That is one of ego's clever little tricks to hide itself. The point rather, is to die well. Ironically, embracing your death has a much higher chance of resulting in ultimate liberation - but here language really fails at conveying the point. 

1 minute ago, Mikael89 said:

You can have all the beliefs you want, You will still never die.

But what exactly is the "me" that will not die?  And how do you know this?  

17 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

It's surreal that someone who claims to know who he is says that He and everyone else will die.

You must be in your 20's.  People in their 20's think they'll live forever.  You're far away from death, but don't think you've escaped it.  There's no escaping death.  8-80, man, woman and child, all eventually will die.  You ever been to a cemetery?  You think cemeteries are a hoax?  It's like the Apollo moon landing, right?  One big hoax lol.  Nobody gets out of this alive, including you.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

26 minutes ago, Mikael89 said:

Sigh.

You are weird, you don't seem to hear what I'm saying.

I (the person, ego, this body, flesh, all my thoughts, memories, opinions, beliefs, etc. etc.) will die.

But Consciousness will not die.

I'm weird?  What the hell is "consciousness"?  How do you know "consciousness" doesn't die?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Leo also talks about Enlightenment freeing you from death.  Watch this video:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

I'm starting to think you are trolling. But anyway, I just want to say this:

No-body gets out of this alive, but the True Self in everybody never ceases to Be.

I'm pushing you to inquire, to think outside of your box.  I'm a "weird, troll, Materialist, most asleep person on the forum" now.  All your words in this thread about me.  Why do you say such things, some of them somewhat hurtful?  All I've done is challenge you and you go ballistic with the rhetoric.  Look at yourself and how defensive you are.  All I did was challenge your beliefs and you flipped-out.  That was a test my friend. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I can't wait to have the revelation that I am immortal

@Cortex once you awakens, you should not remain awake forever, you will remain awake forever. It can never leave. You can never go back. And non-existence is a concept and immpossible.

Edited by Highest