Eric Tarpall

Why do gay men like feminine guys?

23 posts in this topic

You would think that homosexual men are attracted to hairy cavemen. But they seem to be attracted to feminine guys. Why is that? My theory is that they have repressed their heterosexuality because they are either afraid of girls or they hate girls.

Disclaimer: This is not an anti gay thread. I did gay stuff once so I'm allowed to talk about this.

Black is white. Down is up. Bad is good. -Eric Tarpall

Not all gay men like feminine men. Some gay men are literally hairy cavemen. And that's ok. 

Gay people are at least as diverse as straight people, so some will be into feminine men, some into "bears", and so on..

Maybe some gay people fit into the category you describe of repressed heterosexuality, but it seems to me like that's a lot more rare than the other way around - "straight" people with repressed homosexuality. Most gay men (and women) I know are just gay. They're just into the same sex, simple as that.

I don't think you need to have "done gay stuff" to speak about this topic.

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

54 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

You would think that homosexual men are attracted to hairy cavemen. But they seem to be attracted to feminine guys. Why is that? My theory is that they have repressed their heterosexuality because they are either afraid of girls or they hate girls.

Disclaimer: This is not an anti gay thread. I did gay stuff once so I'm allowed to talk about this.

Once suggestion for every theory you have for homosexuality, see if it also holds true for heterosexuality.

You say ""Homosexual men are attracted to feminine men because they have repressed their heterosexuality because they are afraid of girls or hate girls"

So flip the statement "Heterosexual men are attracted to masculine women because they have repressed their homosexuality because they are afraid of guys or hate guys" Do you think this statement is true?

23 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

"Straight guys are attracted to masculine women because they have repressed their homosexuality because they are afraid of guys or hate guys" Do you think this statement is true?

No I don't like masculine women. It's not that I'm generalizing. I know there's shades of gray but it's annoying to always have to point that out. When I say "Why do gay men like feminine guys?" I want people to assume that I mean most gay men. Not all of them.

17 minutes ago, Eric Tarpall said:

No I don't like masculine women. It's not that I'm generalizing. I know there's shades of gray but it's annoying to always have to point that out. When I say "Why do gay men like feminine guys?" I want people to assume that I mean most gay men. Not all of them.

I understand. I am questioning your assumptions.

You are viewing things from only one POV that you are assuming is true. Flip the script and look at it from another POV.

Homosexuality is stigmatized by a portion of society, so there is a reason for a man to repress his homosexual desires.

Heterosexuality is not stigmatized by society, so there is no reason for a man to repress his heterosexual desires.

I've never met a man pretending to be homosexual because he was repressing his heterosexual desires. Yet, I have met lots of men pretending to be heterosexual because they were repressing their homosexual desires.

19 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Heterosexuality is not stigmatized by society, so there is no reason for a man to repress his heterosexual desires.

It's becoming more stigmatized these days but the reason I think that some guys repress their heterosexuality is because they had bad experiences with women. Maybe they got teased by girls in school or girls ignored them. Or they were taught by their parents that sex is dangerous.

Some parents don't allow their sons to have female friends because they are afraid that sex might happen. And some parents don't allow their daughters to have male friends for the same reason. This can have lasting effects. 

20 hours ago, Eric Tarpall said:

It's becoming more stigmatized these days

Not even close. That is heterosexual privilege.

Homosexuals undergo much much higher levels of stigmatization and marginalization. 

How many homosexual friends and coworkers do you have? I've never met a homosexual man that was repressing heterosexual desires. They would just be bisexual. Homosexual men are naturally attracted to men. It is their true nature. 

The scenarios you are imagining are rare. Guys having sex with guys because their parents won't let them have sex with women? Yet sex with other guys would be ok with their parents? C'mon. . . 

Homosexuality is natural. Trying to make it unnatural requires making up bizarre, absurd stories.

Some guys become gay some are born gay, some gay guys like feminie men some don't. Everyone is diffrent 

Edited by Spiral

Disgusting. But hei, if is not my cup of tea, is just my experience and opinion. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@Eric Tarpall I think the dynamic is the same as with heterosexual people. People who like being submissive want a dominant partner and people who like to dominate (like the men you talk about) want a submissive partner.

Masculine is very much outward and feminine is very much inward. 

Many men also repress their feminine side. So you could argue that men who don't act overly masculine are likely more comfortable with themselves. 

You can find examples of "fragile masculinity" everywhere. 

I asked my classmate about biological differences in homosexuals and he told me that some homosexual men has higher levels of testosterone which can make them more masculine to the point where you start seeing men as feminine.  :) 

Edited by Sri McDonald Trump Maharaj

Hallå

On 2/15/2019 at 10:56 AM, Eric Tarpall said:

Why would I think some men are only attracted to hairy burley men? Not all women are attracted to hairy cavemen. Not all women like the tall blonde men. Some women are attracted to fat men some are attracted to really petite men. Women have different likes and dislikes in their preference in men.

Do you really think all gay men only have one type of man they they are attracted to? Straight men have all kinds of sexual preferences, do you think somehow when a man comes out, he just magically only like feminine men?

And what about bisexual men. The may be attracted to masculine males and females or a masculine male and a feminine female or vice versa. What are you talking about, bro?

Love you, bro but you have no understanding of sexual attraction of either male or female or gay people whatsoever.

Edited by Ajax

What you resist, persists and less of you exists. There is a part of you that never leaves. You are not in; you have never been. You know. You put it there and time stretches. 

The preference/fetish for hairy burly men is prominent enough to have it's own niche tag among Japanese imageboorus: bara. 50,835 images on gelbooru. From a logical standpoint it's easier for a man to build himself like a, uh, man than like a femboy, so there's more masculine men than feminine ones. Really don't understand how you came to the conclusion that most gay men prefer feminine-looking guys, unless the Internet has warped your perspective somewhat.

Actually looking at the gelbooru there's technically more "trap" images than "bara" images, but it's still a rather even distribution (69068 vs. 50835). But this is still warped by the notion that in some social media circles/meme cultures it's more acceptable these days to like, joke, and tease about wanting to fuck "traps", even by "straight" people. Femboy Hooters memes and the like. For media and film in general, I imagine (just a hunch) that if you want to score gay diversity points while still hooking a broad audience, you're more likely to cast/characterize a feminine man than going to a straight man-to-man relationship subplot. But even if that hunch were true, it's still not representative of what most gay men prefer in the real world.

“We have two ears and one mouth so we can listen twice as much as we speak." -Epictetus

The masculine and feminine polarity is not exclusive to biological women and men. 

Cis women and men don’t own masculinity and femininity, those are qualities that exist in all of us. So the gay man who is attracted to a feminine guy might be because femininity is associated with submissiveness and he desires to be more dominant in the relationship. To suggest this is some repressed sexuality is quite a reach in my opinion. 

On 2019-02-15 at 8:19 PM, Eric Tarpall said:

It's becoming more stigmatized these days but the reason I think that some guys repress their heterosexuality is because they had bad experiences with women. Maybe they got teased by girls in school or girls ignored them. Or they were taught by their parents that sex is dangerous.

Some parents don't allow their sons to have female friends because they are afraid that sex might happen. And some parents don't allow their daughters to have male friends for the same reason. This can have lasting effects. 

Don’t you think it’s wayyy more likely that a guy with “repressed” heterosexuality would just become some incel rather than start being attracted to men? 

19 hours ago, Lauritz Bewer said:

These threads are stupid?. I dont know. You can’t put everything under this umbrella of „qUestIoN eVEryThiNg“ 

they somehow believe being confused will get them closer to truth

On 6/27/2023 at 8:59 AM, Ajax said:

Love you, bro but you have no understanding of sexual attraction of either male or female or gay people whatsoever.