billiesimon

Can men/boys fully reconnect and manifest mother Nature?

21 posts in this topic

As I progress on studying the sexes and the polar opposites of yin-yang, I discover that Women tend to have a very Nature-related spiritualiy, while men tend to gravitate a lot towards the Mind and concepts.

Women have a very strong bodily connection to nature thanks to the monthly cycle and a better perception of emotions, which are a bodily manifestation too. Also, their tendency for receiving/accepting is more suitable for connecting with Nature. 
As a last note, in the dating community it's normal to refer to women as "the smaller scale manifestation of the universe" and men as the ones who learn how to deal with it.

Are men able to learn to manifest/feel Nature as well?
I believe that this ability is so important and crucial for the post-modern man, both to be happy and to become truly empowered as a son of Nature.
To be fully honest I really feel the need to get back the "natural powers" that society and civilization has stripped away from me as an animal of this earth.

What's your opinion on this? 

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

@billiesimon i think it’s possible through many activities - like experiencing mountains, or the sea and i think things like growing plants and working with soil can bring you closer to earth. you could plan your next holidays on a biological or biodynamical farm for example. or do a jungle survival trip (well survival with equipment) - you could bring that together with meditation or yoga... there  are a lot of possibilities to be closer to nature and simultaneously learn from it. all you need is the attempt, a little preparation is also nice - don’t go into the joungle completely without preparation, it will eat you alive!!! but also don’t bring a cupboard of things with you. an experience to bring you closer to nature needs something primordial to it. 

you could also combine these things with working for aid organizations for free... there are lot of possibilities to dive deeper. many are more simple and closer than you think.

Edited by now is forever

1 hour ago, TheAvatarState said:

@billiesimon Have you studied spiral dynamics?

Yes, I'm deepening my understanding of it.

But I'm not talking about stage-green masculinity and respecting the environment.

I'm talking about becoming spiritually connected to nature as a man, with your masculinity (not your feminine side). Since masculinity is also a byproduct of nature's sexual reproduction, it must have its own connection to Nature. That's what I'm looking for.

Inquire in the now.

Feeling is the truest knowing ?️

On 4.2.2019 at 1:02 AM, billiesimon said:

Yes, I'm deepening my understanding of it.

But I'm not talking about stage-green masculinity and respecting the environment.

I'm talking about becoming spiritually connected to nature as a man, with your masculinity (not your feminine side). Since masculinity is also a byproduct of nature's sexual reproduction, it must have its own connection to Nature. That's what I'm looking for.

it’s a little weird, because it sounds like you where talking about the reproduction organs. but if you talk about women being close to nature because they have a bodily cicle, then it has something to do with natural rhythms - like moon cycles... so what do you mean by men becoming closer to nature through sexual reproduction???

maybe want to fight in spring against potential rivals?

it‘s a little weird as you would have to introduce a practice or ritual for that. masculinity and femininity is just a concept our culture forms. underneath is your true animus and anima and they are inseparable connected - you have both sides naturally within so if you get closer to the feminine side of yourself you automatically get closer to your masculine side.

Edited by now is forever

I would recommend you watch this video. It offers techniques and what I believe to be a holistic understanding of the subject :P

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

On 2/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, billiesimon said:

To be fully honest I really feel the need to get back the "natural powers" that society and civilization has stripped away from me as an animal of this earth.

Plant a garden by starting from seed.

On 2/3/2019 at 2:48 PM, billiesimon said:

As I progress on studying the sexes and the polar opposites of yin-yang, I discover that Women tend to have a very Nature-related spiritualiy, while men tend to gravitate a lot towards the Mind and concepts.

Women have a very strong bodily connection to nature thanks to the monthly cycle and a better perception of emotions, which are a bodily manifestation too. Also, their tendency for receiving/accepting is more suitable for connecting with Nature. 
As a last note, in the dating community it's normal to refer to women as "the smaller scale manifestation of the universe" and men as the ones who learn how to deal with it.

Are men able to learn to manifest/feel Nature as well?
I believe that this ability is so important and crucial for the post-modern man, both to be happy and to become truly empowered as a son of Nature.

What's your opinion on this? 

Women as a whole group will be more Yin than men as a whole group. But all people (and literally everything that exists) have both Yin and Yang in varying degrees.

And everyone is an expression of nature (Yin), men and women both. So, we are all the children of Mother Nature and we all have a part of us that is connected to the cycles of nature. 

And ultimately, if we compare men and women outside of the vacuum of the human species, men and women are mostly alike. Even in terms of something as sexually dimorphic as physical strength, where there is an average of a 40% difference in male strength versus female strength, we are still relatively similar in strength relative to our proximity to other creatures... which used to matter a whole lot more when we lived more primitively. 

So, human beings that are male and female are ultimately not very different on the grand scale. We're like male and female ants or koalas or some other kind of species like that. Ants and koalas probably notice the differences between the males and females of their species quite a lot. But outside of the microcosm of their ways of life, it all seems mostly the same.

But we do notice and like to exaggerate gender differences in general, (previously for practical purposes but mostly now for sexual purposes.) So, this is why in earlier societies, that which is referred to as Yin came to be associated with woman-like-ness and that which is referred to as Yang came to be associated with man-like-ness, because gender was the closest human metaphor to describe this difference. And there is an implicit tie in the consciousness of human beings that naturally link concepts of womanhood with Yin and concepts of manhood with Yang. But all of this is a practical concession for ease of human understanding and allegorical thinking.

So, it's important to understand that womanhood and manhood both are just a couple reflections among millions of reflections of the interplay between Yin and Yang. And womanhood reflects more Yin than Yang in general. And the opposite for manhood.

But Yin is not woman-like-ness. The concept of womanhood is Yin-like-ness. It's just human beings that like to think of Yin as woman-like-ness because it's a really understandable human example that is symbolic of Yin. So, Yin supersedes and imbues all things, just as Yang supersedes and imbues all things. You cannot have a working system without Yin and Yang in intercourse with one another. It is this intercourse that creates life and functionality in all things. 

So, you may be predominantly more Yang than Yin if you have a more typical masculine/feminine signature for a man. But even if you have more Yang, you also will naturally have a ton of Yin too. If we approach this topic on the level of being, Yin and Yang are so closely matched that the slight differences between our individual essence as male or female that seems so apparent to us as humans don't really tip the scales that much in either direction. The most masculine man and the most feminine woman have a nearly identical Yin/Yang signature on the grand scale of existence, even if the differences seem extreme when looked at zoomed into the vacuum of human interactions. 

So, don't worry too much. If you'd like to integrate the divine feminine, it is in your power to do so. If you would like to encourage the integration of the divine feminine on the broad-scale it doesn't require that you be a woman. Women may generally be more likely to resonate with this and may as a group have a slight edge, but this is not a problem. Just do what feels right.

Also, there are men that exist who are more Yin that Yang naturally, and women who exist that are more Yang than Yin. So, there are always a ton of exceptions.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

Absolutely. 

B R E A T H E

I takes some work.  I think dudes are wired to compare themselves to other men.  I think this is what women don’t really understand about men because women are in part blocked from fully understanding men.  Men compare themselves to other men just like women compare themselves to other women.  And before you say I understand — do you, really?  Are you walking in the shoes of being a man in the world?  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I takes some work.  I think dudes are wired to compare themselves to other men.  I think this is what women don’t really understand about men because women are in part blocked from fully understanding men.  Men compare themselves to other men just like women compare themselves to other women.  And before you say I understand — do you, really?  Are you walking in the shoes of being a man in the world?  

you are right - women often don’t do that but male don’t do it in the same way, in the mass even less. what is interesting about both male and female, is that both have a way to compare themselves and on both sides there is an unhealthy rivalry and competitiveness that can make us sick - unfortunately in male this rivalry is often more raw and brutal than between women (women can be really scheming on the other hand)  - what leads also to hierarchical structures. but there are other male aspects that are closer to protection, to guiding, to helping, to nurturing, to create space instead of conquering it - and those are equally close to nature, those are the ones that are worth to nurture and then rivalry will be something that pushes friends among friend instead of two stags fighting for ground.

Edited by now is forever

@billiesimon Well, even though teachers like to use feminity and masculinity when talking about inner balance, decision making, relations, etc. it is a duality that can be cleanly collapsed. If you look at nature you will see how arbitrary gender is drawn and how radically different gender roles evolve in different species. 

Gender is simply a mechanism that nature uses as a survival strategy. The original creature doesnt have a gender, its always just splitting itself from one into two. And this is what the human does, it is dividing itself from birth to form one creature. A man and a woman are really just two sides of the same creature. They both together form the entity homo sapiens. 

I am trying to say that 

-Nature (Maya) does not favor masuline or feminine. It is made up of both and both need to be integrated and transcended in order for their to be enlightenment

-I can imagine women have an easier time letting go and not theorize everything. But consider that the scope of realization might be not as significant because there was less bullshit that had to be transcended to begin with

-Truth really is genderless. I believe we are all at the core truly genderless. We truly can access both masculine and feminine by making them come together in us. 

-The feminine Truth is love and the masculine Truth is infintiy. Like everything else enlightenment also can be split this way and this shows that Truth contains all and is not closer to one lense of looking through the world (emotions vs logic). Men and women just enlighten differently

I know you're tired but come. This is the way - Rumi

Of course they can.

There is a lot of BS on the web because feminism has infiltrated spirituality (surprise surprise) where they love to come out with "mother earth (gaia) is female therefore as females we are the true manifestation of Source" or "if we get rid of the patriarchy and form a matriarchy this will trigger "THE EVENT"!!!!" not realising that a matriarchy is oppressive. Or maybe they do realise it.

Do you really think Consciousness thinks it is ok for an oppressive society as long as females are the oppressors?

It's ignorance. There's a reason ignorance is the last buddhist fetter. It is the hardest, most subtle fetter to defeat. If you are a female spiritual "teacher" and you only teach spirituality to women, you are being ignorant. Everything is One, so how can you leave out an entire sex?

Kundalini is supposedly easily triggered in women as opposed to men. I can't and don't speak about K because it doesn't exist for me. Tried everything to stimulate it rising and nothing works... so I have no experiental knowledge of it.

On 2/8/2019 at 5:32 AM, thesmileyone said:

Of course they can.

There is a lot of BS on the web because feminism has infiltrated spirituality (surprise surprise) where they love to come out with "mother earth (gaia) is female therefore as females we are the true manifestation of Source" or "if we get rid of the patriarchy and form a matriarchy this will trigger "THE EVENT"!!!!" not realising that a matriarchy is oppressive. Or maybe they do realise it.

Do you really think Consciousness thinks it is ok for an oppressive society as long as females are the oppressors?

It's ignorance. There's a reason ignorance is the last buddhist fetter. It is the hardest, most subtle fetter to defeat. If you are a female spiritual "teacher" and you only teach spirituality to women, you are being ignorant. Everything is One, so how can you leave out an entire sex?

Kundalini is supposedly easily triggered in women as opposed to men. I can't and don't speak about K because it doesn't exist for me. Tried everything to stimulate it rising and nothing works... so I have no experiental knowledge of it.

Does anyone actually do this? Sounds like straw-feminism to me.

Sources please, as well as the names of teachers who propagate this idea.

I've seen quite a lot of female spiritual teachers talk about the rise of the divine feminine. But I've never once heard a female spiritual teacher say that we need to leave men and masculinity out of the equation. 

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@thesmileyone i would be interested in what way a matriarchy is oppressive... to know in what way a matriarchy is oppressive it would be interesting to have an example of a matriarchy that is opressive. it is like with every theory that as long as it doesn’t exist you can’t really say what it is, as it doesn’t exist. so matriarchy is alone a concept that is a vague cloud in our minds. the same as democracies and patriarchies have different effects in different countries or on different people, in the same way a matriarchy would have. new feminism is much more healthy than it was some 40 years ago - but it would not be without the forefighters who created a path for it - so i believe if there really are voices who try to let the thought of matriarchy rise it is to streangthen female selfesteem in society and it is highly irrational to think women will try to take the sole rulership over the human race, it’s just absurd to give in to a „threat“ like that and just shows how low the male selfesteem in a patriarchal society really is. the beauty about matriarchy is that it can trigger a healthy male emancipation from patriarchy if properly integrated, as we all know it can’t equally stay a patriarchy as it is.

Edited by now is forever

I have some very feminine characteristics. Much more sensitive than male qualities

if i like to climb trees and protect the ones who are less strong then me or are soft and fragile is that feminine or masculine. i guess i have a lot of masculine attributes, too. if that is not what can unify men and women.