Tistepiste

How to talk about enlightenment to people who don't see the real value of it?

39 posts in this topic

To be honest sometimes it feels like by not talking about it Im not being fully honest with others. It sorta feels like Im in on a secret that everyone else in the room is unaware of ?

Just don't talk about it. I used to talk about spirituality hell of a lot. And looking back in retrospect, I looked like a religious person who only talks about Jesus... 

"My family hates when I'm a Buddhist, but they love me when I'm a Buddha." -- Jack Kornfield

17 minutes ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

I used to talk about spirituality hell of a lot.

I did too. Ain't nobody wanna hear about that shit.

This is why psychedelics exist.

Case closed.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Break down habits. Although if someone is addicted to poor habits, probably good luck to identify and get anywhere. If you only knew the power of the darkside.

I guess psychedelics could break down habit/neurons. I remember a video I watched by Peter Ralston talking about cooking a piece of toast over a fire by habit. The simplicity of just buying a toaster not occurring straightaway. Getting stuck in a chain, rather then originating action.

I think I see the point of how a long chain of habits may make you less then you can be, although, sometimes leading to excellence.

"Shadows and Dust Maximus!" Gladiator/Horace.

Edited by RichardY

You can lead a mule to water but you can't make him drink ;)

If psychedelics don't do the trick, God help you.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Tistepiste It’s best to just leave those kind of people alone and focus on your development.

Why do you think that people need spirituality? If they didn’t ask for it, then clearly they don’t need it.

Stop wasting your time trying to convert others and focus on your spiritual development.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

23 hours ago, Tistepiste said:

@Viking why would you stop believing in it?

Because believing in something is essentially useless. You don't believe in God, you become aware of God, and then we tend to create a model and belief around the direct experience. 

Belief just isn't convincing enough because there's no basis to it, like direct experience.

4 hours ago, Mikael89 said:

That's just wrong.

Direct experience shows materialism. That's why 99% of everyone are materialists, obviously.

If I would go by my direct experience, then I should convert into a materialist right now, today. No doubt. And stay a materialist the rest of my life like 99% of everyone else. So much for direct experience.

Is it really though? If I stare closely at my experience, there's nothing material about it to me. The "materials" are occurring in "nothingness"

14 hours ago, Gabriel Antonio said:

"My family hates when I'm a Buddhist, but they love me when I'm a Buddha." -- Jack Kornfield

Great quote

How to get to infinity? Divide by zero.

On 1/3/2019 at 3:47 PM, Tistepiste said:

@Viking why would you stop believing in it?

"enlightenment" is an empty label, and a paradoxial word. There is no one to be enlightened, so there is no such thing as enlightenment, unless you like to use that word to describe "____"  (God, reality, all that IS, etc.)

Check out my lucid dreaming anthology series, Stars of Clay  

On 2019-01-03 at 4:06 PM, ivankiss said:

Instead of trying to talk about enlightenment, if it seems dificult; try being and example of an enlightened being.

Try to shine more light into his direct experience :)

New spheres then might be born; a space for you to talk about light, honestly, without forcing anything.

Good luck!

@Tistepiste This is probably the best way. Let them become interested in it by showing how it will improve his life.

If he's not interested, accept it. No reason to bang your head against the wall is it?

But yo, there's a movie called "R.I.P.D (Rest in peace department)" starring Ryan Reynolds and it's basically when you die you can either enter purgatory (or something) or become an officer for RIPD if you are selected by them as suitable. When you get recruited into the RIPDepartment you get sent back to earth but you look and sound completely different than you did while you were alive. And if you try to talk to anyone or communicate about the fact that your dead or that you aren't really the person they see it sounds logical to you but all the other person hears is complete gobbledegook. It just sounds like your literally speaking in tongues for the other person haha. 

That's how I feel sometimes. I try to speak about it but I can't...and it just doesn't work. It isint something that can be told. The user must hear the voice of god for themselves. Thus, I find it much more helpful to focus on love and guiding people into it through kindness and genuineness. 

On 04/01/2019 at 7:42 AM, Leo Gura said:

This is why psychedelics exist.

Case closed.

I actually have to remind myself of how happy I was when I realised my life's work was going to include the use of incredible drugs and trips. Haha so cool

9 hours ago, Shiva said:

You don't. You don't talk about enlightenment to people who don't see the real value of it.

yes, but perhaps you can get them to investigate the nature of thoughts and how thought shapes and distorts reality. That's easy enough to understand and to get someone started

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

@seeking_brilliance You can always try to plant a seed. Sometimes it can be really frustrating to realize that that's all you can do.

Morning Glory is a good one......

3 hours ago, RichardY said:

Morning Glory is a good one......

Been there done that ?, actually it was hbw, but close enough

9 minutes ago, seeking_brilliance said:

Been there done that ?, actually it was hbw, but close enough

Yes good for attracting the birds....

@Tistepiste People only grow when they are ready too. It could just be that he isn't in the right part of his life to listen to what you're saying.

I remember my girlfriend suggesting for me to meditate around 2 years ago, every time she would suggest it I would ignore it and just shrug "that won't do anything to help me".... now 2 years later I have been meditating for almost a year and an hour a day. It just has to happen with time.

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,