Butters

I HATE Stage Green

81 posts in this topic

This has got to be the most useless, unproductive bridge-stage in the entire spiral. 

Why can't green people have a spiritual gathering or event without being all weird, and weirding all the normal people out? I mean I've been to some decent things like yoga with normal people but more often than not there's too much weirdness for comfort! 

And the hypocrisy with most green people is staggering! My housemate always turns the heat low because of the environment so I'm freezing, then he flies to Peru for some spiritual journey? The carbon footprint of a return airplane ticket has got to be hundreds of times higher than our annual heating bill. 

Speaking of hypocrisy; why are green people always complaining about the world being messed up, but then the orange ones have got to fix it with actual businesses and economical impact? Is stage green really just an annoying highschool cheerleader, while orange is the football team? 

Green people are dogmatic, impulsive and ignorant. At least orange has a working structure. 

In a way I'm excited about transitioning into green, I just can't stand the people. 

Convince me otherwise.

Because you're looking at stage blue (or just a variation of orange, or failed, low stage green), confusing it for green

The young turks, sweden and their unscientific "non-binary" gender nonsense isn't real green

"Speaking of hypocrisy; why are green people always complaining about the world being messed up, but then the orange ones have got to fix it with actual businesses and economical impact? Is stage green really just an annoying highschool cheerleader, while orange is the football team? "

A better analogy would be that stage green is the guy complaining he lost a race because he was born without legs, trying to fight for equality, while stage orange is the guy screaming off the top of his lungs "no, no, everything is your fault, you filthy incel, the world is perfectly just and I earned to win this race"

Also, green builds on top of orange as leo said

Edited by tenta

Are you sure youre not hating your own shadow? Maybe YOU are the one afraid of weirdness? Maybe youre the annoying one? Maybe youre dogmatic, impulsive and ignorant? Think about that. Love ya:x

Dont look at me! Look inside!

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Speaking of hypocrisy; why are green people always complaining about the world being messed up, but then the orange ones have got to fix it with actual businesses and economical impact?

Because orange holds the authority to do so.
Green people are rejected by orange because they have found ways to influence you that you find illegitimate: annoyance.
They are going to annoy the shit out of you until you change your ways just because they don't care and you do.

In a sense - they are like teenagers, but paradoxically - teenagers have a lot of power in families where parents are mentally unstable.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

7 minutes ago, tenta said:

The young turks, sweden and their unscientific "non-binary" gender nonsense isn't real green

The distinction of "real" vs "not real green" isn't a distinction that makes sense. TYT are really green and at that a real good example of how green looks when it's actually organized and has an impact on society. Sweden is also a really good example of a solid green society. And last but not least the non binary movement is the epitome of everything green stands for. IMO if you don't understand the arguments that non binary people put forward then you truly just don't understand green.

The very act of breaking the binary of gender and transforming it into a spectrum of pluraity of genders while understanding gender as a construct related to biology but not entirely dependent on it is like the prime example of  "include and transcend"

You hate it cuz you ain't it. You must go through. The spiral IS you.

Orange destroys the world, green-turquoise repairs it. Not the other way around. Don’t confuse green for blue. Green is not dogmatic, it’s openminded. Green is not impulsive, that belongs to low stage blue. 

A lot of criticism and duality created in your op. 

I sense resistance. Big time. 

Are you fearful of something? Point your finger back at yourself rather than outward. 

43 minutes ago, Butters said:

Convince me otherwise.

No. If you want to transcend, you must do the work yourself.

You hate them because they point out to you every flaws you still have in you.

You can't hate something you understand and accept …

c5f775a23ee19d42a312b4b483d0913e.jpg

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Butters Translation:

"I HATE myself."

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I was at Green the longest of all the stages.  Say from like my Sophomore year in high school to like my early 30's.  I started entering Yellow in my mid 30's.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

57 minutes ago, Butters said:

And the hypocrisy with most green people is staggering! My housemate always turns the heat low because of the environment so I'm freezing, then he flies to Peru for some spiritual journey? The carbon footprint of a return airplane ticket has got to be hundreds of times higher than our annual heating bill. 

Speaking of hypocrisy; why are green people always complaining about the world being messed up, but then the orange ones have got to fix it with actual businesses and economical impact? Is stage green really just an annoying highschool cheerleader, while orange is the football team? 

Every stage has its limitations, and stage Yellow is where you integrate the traditional and modern with the postmodern. Noticing that your housemate  turns the heat to low  but flies to Peru, is stage Yellow, as you integrated the modern beliefs of rationality and reason, for instance.

Stage green is like intention while stage orange is the tools for intention, except its limited as according to Spiral dynamics there is two stages above it.

14 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Butters Translation:

"I HATE myself."

You seem like an open minded and logical person. Wouldn't you agree that stage Green has very little practical, real world application? 

Just now, Butters said:

You seem like an open minded and logical person. Wouldn't you agree that stage Green has very little practical, real world application? 

What do you mean with practical, real world application?  That doesn't make any sense.
If you're trying to sound like you're at stage Orange, you're failing, sounds like you're trying to live a stereotype.

Green is a good stage.  Green people wanna feel good about the work they do.  Green people wanna live with integrity and be real or be assertive as who they are.  Look at punk rock culture.  Green people wanna make a positive difference to the wider world.  Green people tend to hate manipulative, crafty people who are always trying to weasel out something for themselves.  Green is operating at a much more noble place than that, see.  Green sees the foolishness of being fake and not respecting yourself and your own life first.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

3 hours ago, Butters said:

Why do you think you have very little practical, real world application? Why do you think you are not open minded enough? Logic is not logical, actually.

39 minutes ago, Andreas said:

Orange destroys the world, green-turquoise repairs it. Not the other way around. Don’t confuse green for blue. Green is not dogmatic, it’s openminded. Green is not impulsive, that belongs to low stage blue. 

8 minutes ago, Butters said:

Feminism? LGBT? Civil Rights? No practical purpose? Give me a break.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

21 minutes ago, Rilles said:

Feminism? LGBT? Civil Rights? No practical purpose? Give me a break.

Well idk, stage orange doesn't look like it will be stopped, you can be more evolved than a privileged stage orange person - but they'll keep abusing their privilege and you'll be stuck wishing for the situation to be different