winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

10 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

But not everyone can smile when getting stabbed.

xD Why does someone want to smile while getting stabbed? 

fake is part of the real....

Edited by DrewNows

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

I don't really prefer the mixing of brain processes and atman-brahman language... but whether or not we accepted this model, I'm not sure it has much bearing on the spiritual quest either way. That is based on an exploration of our own personal experience of the "I," not the brain.

I see that spiritual  seekers negate physical processes and other perceptions linked together with intelligence. An advanced teaching includes it. In fact we know how awakening looks like in the brain and the reasons for bliss. What we don't know how the body and perceptions come to be in Atman (or how Atman comes to be in the body). If ever we do, if we judge consciousness to be primary and not matter, then the brain is a receiver. It's a glass half-full, half-empty thing.

"Ultimate truth is wordless, the silence within the silence."

Ramana Maharshi's ultimate teaching was the silence.

But people didn't want that so he came up with self-enquiry.

And spirituality become more and more complex with all sorts of crazy experiences and activities because ultimately people wanted it like that, the direct path was too lacklustre for the uncommitted seeker.

Maya is just too tempting, like a beautiful feminine energy.

Edited by alankrillin

Bhuddha said

"I don't want to go to heaven, I want to go to hell because anyways I can't suffer, at least there I can help others."

This is a liberated being. A true authentic being.

Tell me can you go to hell joyfully? Without any suffering? Without any hesitation, without any fear of pain?

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

11 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

The difference between enlightened and unenlightened is the embodiment of truth. When your actions clearly say you have no identification with your body and mind. That's the embodiment. Everyone can say I'm enlightened because that is the Truth. But not everyone can smile when getting stabbed. That's the only way to know fake from real 

All of these ideas are within absolute infinity. Within enlightenment. None of it is "IT" and all of it is "IT". We can't pull out anything from everything.

One trap I see at intermediate / advanced stages is believing the spiritual concepts are true. Buddhism, nonduality, advaita, Ramana Maharshi, Shamanism - all of it. People can get so immersed and deep into one area and not recognize that they have not transcended higher. They are unaware that there is a higher level. It happens at all stages of development. I see it with myself, buddhist, advaita masters, in this thread etc. . .  The higher you go, the more subtle it gets. That's why psychedelics are so powerful at the higher consciousness stages.

3 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Bhuddha said

"I don't want to go to heaven, I want to go to hell because anyways I can't suffer, at least there I can help others to come out of their suffering."

This is a liberated being. A true authentic being.

Tell me can you go to hell joyfully? Without any suffering?

I dont think you fully grasp the meaning, can you explain what "you think" the buddha means?

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

All of these ideas are within absolute infinity. Within enlightenment. None of it is "IT" and all of it is "IT". We can't pull out anything from everything.

One trap I see at intermediate / advanced stages is believing the spiritual concepts are true. Buddhism, nonduality, advaita, Ramana Maharshi, Shamanism - all of it. People can get so immersed and deep into one area and not recognize that they have not transcended higher. They are unaware that there is a higher level. It happens at all stages of development. I see it with myself, buddhist, advaita masters, in this thread etc. . .  The higher you go, the more subtle it gets. That's why psychedelics are so powerful at the higher consciousness stages.

There is no higher in the silence.

Progress is ego, character building, consciousness work, all of these are the ego and mind's agenda.

Edited by alankrillin

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

It's a thinking process and I don't imply it's the moon. We're bunch of Atman's who are Brahman.  The separation occurs to distinct some empirical truths observable, namely solipsism and the senses.

3 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

I dont think you fully grasp the meaning, can you explain what "you think" the buddha means?

He means that he has no fear of pain. Even being tortured in hell means nothing to him because he trancended his ego. He's no longer identified with his body or mind. Nothing can touch him and he knows.that..not intelectually but with his whole beingness

Edited by Salvijus

1 minute ago, Salvijus said:

He means that he has no fear of pain. Even being tortured in hell means nothing to him because he trancended his ego. He's no longer identified with his body or mind.

You see, for me it doesn't mean hell in the religious context, he means he wants to help others from hell, the self created hell of the mind.

Edited by alankrillin

Just now, alankrillin said:

You see, for me it doesn't mean hell in the religious context, he means he wants to help others from hell, the self created hell of the mind.

Ofcourse he doesn't mean litteraly hell and heaven. 

@winterknight

Sorry I don't mean to hijack your thread, if you want I can stop posting.

I was trying to think of a question to ask, but really I have no questions to ask, unless its about your body or mind ;)

Winter, is solipsism true? How is it related to awakening?

6 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

Ofcourse he doesn't mean litteraly hell and heaven. 

Many people around the world have Congenital insensitivity to pain (CIP), also known as congenital analgesia, pain is a just a survival mechanism of the body that consciousness is conscious of. So lets leave pain alone.

I think the Buddha would have felt pain which is not the same as mind created suffering. If you mastered to silence your mind at will, mind cannot create suffering.

19 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

There is no higher in the silence.

Progress is ego, character building, consciousness work, all of these are the ego and mind's agenda.

OK, let's go into the silence. . . everything is within emptiness. Everything is nothing. None and All of these ideas are "IT". It can't be figured out. Once you venture to the null void and return you come to know distinctions.

High level spiritual concepts are great. So are high level quantum mechanics concepts. The contraction occurs when someone believes it and it hinders expansion.

I'm completely comfortable acknowledging that everything I have ever written on this forum is wrong and lies. Or, that it all is partially true or absolutely true.  It takes an understanding of relativity, multiple perspectives, direct experience with multiple facets of awakening and complete surrender.

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

Winter, is solipsism true? How is it related to awakening?

Solipsism is not true if we take it to mean that the ego is all that there is. That's precisely the opposite of the truth. As to whether "other people" really exist, we can't know -- though really, the question is misconceived. There is neither "I" nor the other... so solipsism is not true not because we know there are other people, but because even the solipsist doesn't exist (well, not in the way that they think they do).

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Just now, winterknight said:

Solipsism is not true if we take it to mean that the ego is all that there is. That's precisely the opposite of the truth. As to whether "other people" really exist, we can't know -- though really, the question is misconceived. There is neither "I" nor the other... so solipsism is not true not because we know there are other people, but because even the solipsist doesn't exist (well, not in the way that they think they do).

But if by solipsism we mean consciousness, all that you can know is your consciousness, Atman, everyone else might just be unconscious zombies.

8 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

I think the Buddha would have felt pain which is not the same as mind created suffering. If you mastered to silence your mind at will, mind cannot create suffering.

That's what I'm saying. He's not afraid of pain. I never said he can't feel pain. Pleasure or pain doesn't mean anything to him.

And it's not about mastering to stop the mind. It's about being conscious of your true nature, witch is not the body and not the mind that allows this detachment from pain in the body.

Edited by Salvijus

Just now, Outer said:

But if by solipsism we mean consciousness, all that you can know is your consciousness, Atman, everyone else might just be unconscious zombies.

Right, I know what you're saying, but the consciousness that you know as consciousness is only the reflection of the real consciousness. When that real consciousness is recognized, then the consciousness that you think you know right now -- it will become clear that it doesn't make sense to call it "your consciousness."

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self