winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is there a knowing of enlightenment?

Another question for you.

Do you need confirmation that you exist right now?

5 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Is “enlightenment” fixed? Is truth fixed? And therefore can it be known or experienced? 

Edited by Jack River

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

I would say that actual awareness is a constant process of death. Every moment we must be perpetually dying which actually living. This is the difference between those who reside is various experiences as the ground, and those who’s ground is based in no experience at all. 

Become so appreciative right? 

9 minutes ago, Baotrader said:

@winterknight how to increase my intelligence? ( i cannot use psychedelics)

Quiet the mind. To do that, get in touch with what you really want and follow that. 

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Well, strictly speaking enlightenment as an event-in-time doesn't exist. So no if that's what is meant. But enlightenment can also refer to the Truth. In which case, yes, enlightenment is a continuous knowing of itself.

3 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Why keep searching when the truth is evident? 

If one can stop searching and simply unconditionally relax, that is the best. But most people's dissatisfaction won't allow that. And so they must search.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

3 minutes ago, DrewNows said:

Become so appreciative right? 

True Appreciation doesn't seem to depend on conditions:)

3 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

Do you need confirmation that you exist right now?

Ahhhh, very nice. . . That sent me for a loop

ego - yes

awareness - no

Can Truth/“enlightenment” be known and therefore experienced? 

Or is the closest to truth the ending of knowing/experience? 

To know/to experience isn’t it implicit that this truth/enlightenment has been projected/fixed? 

2 minutes ago, Jack River said:

Can Truth/“enlightenment” be known and therefore experienced? 

Or is the closest to truth the ending of knowing/experience? 

To know/to experience isn’t it implicit that this truth/enlightenment has been projected/fixed? 

Yes, Truth can and does know and experience itself. It is, however, not the kind of knowledge and experience which we usually think of when we use those words. Most knowing is a dualistic knowing -- "I know that object as something separate from me." This is a knowing of something by itself. It cannot be understood in words, only directly recognized.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

Question for winterknight. Are you Leo Gura in disguise? 

Edited by EvilAngel

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Yes, Truth can and does know and experience itself. It is, however, not the kind of knowledge and experience which we usually think of when we use those words. Most knowing is a dualistic knowing -- "I know that object as something separate from me." This is a knowing of something by itself. It cannot be understood in words, only directly recognized.

And how is it recognized that knowing of itself is not a deeper layer of the ego?

2 minutes ago, winterknight said:

So it may be worth communicating it differently in saying that when there is no experience/knowledge in movement as time/self. So in the constant process of death that I mentioned earlier there is actually a ending of knowing/experience/ “me”? 

3 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Question for winterknight. Are you Leo Gura? 

Leo Incognito. ? 

Winter kinda reminds me of him a couple ways tho. . .

13 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

You seem to know you are enlightened. Is there any prescence of a traditional sense of knowing? Or does the ego dissolve and knowing that one is enlightened becomes irrelevant? In other words, does the seeker ever know of enlightenment?

It all depends on your viewpoint and perspective. This language gets dicy. Really, the seeker cannot know of enlightenment, because, as you suggest, the ego dissolves. Yes, knowing that you are enlightened becomes irrelevant -- because the "you" that was seeking is not what is enlightened. Enlightenment is the recognition that that you is a false idea.

But is there not then the appearance of the seeker still? If we admitted that for argument's sake (even though it is not strictly true), then it could be said that the seeker has a kind of indirect knowledge. The seeker/mind, having found its own boundaries and run smack up against them, also feels pulsing through very boundaries the Greater Something beyond. It feels the Presence of the Mighty, and it cannot look at it in the face, but it lowers its head in reverence. It knows the shadow, and feels the Silence. That is all, and that is enough.

Edited by winterknight

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

And how is it recognized that knowing of itself is not a deeper layer of the ego?

That’s a good question. That’s why I think exploring thought/self is important prior to exploring beyond the known. 

7 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

"be still and know that i am god".

In all fairness when one speaks about enlightenment it is the ego you're speaking to. Again,  All interaction requires duality.

In the absolutely stillness, there is no-thing.

Edited by alankrillin

4 minutes ago, EvilAngel said:

Question for winterknight. Are you Leo Gura in disguise? 

Aren't we all? :D But no, not really.

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

That knowing that knows itself knows this too. Now note that anything I write about it or say about it, including that "it knows itself by itself" is, strictly speaking, false. Words cannot really describe it. But what it is, it is. 

5 minutes ago, Jack River said:

So it may be worth communicating it differently in saying that when there is no experience/knowledge in movement as time/self. So in the constant process of death that I mentioned earlier there is actually a ending of knowing/experience/ “me”? 

I'm not sure I completely follow your idea. You're saying that that the constant process of death is the ending of "me"? 

To me it’s more than a knowing/seeing that I don’t exsist. But an actual experiencing free of accumulated experience/knowledge. This is what I have been putting all my time into. Awareness that brings about continual death of the me/content. Words I can use to explain this is closer to nonbeing or unawareness. As in a movement of stillness that actually implies no recollection/recognition. 

Just now, Jack River said:

To me it’s more than a knowing/seeing that I don’t exsist. But an actual experiencing free of accumulated experience/knowledge. This is what I have been putting all my time into. Awareness that brings about continual death of the me/content. Words I can use to explain this is closer to nonbeing or unawareness. As in a movement of stillness that actually implies no recollection/recognition. 

Yes, this is nicely put. I relate.

10 minutes ago, winterknight said:

Aren't we all? :D But no, not really.

That knowing that knows itself knows this too. Now note that anything I write about it or say about it, including that "it knows itself by itself" is, strictly speaking, false. Words cannot really describe it. But what it is, it is. 

I'm not sure I completely follow your idea. You're saying that that the constant process of death is the ending of "me"? 

The “me” as in memory..to constantly observe with awareness, as in no reactional response of psychological becoming(thought). 

From moment to moment dying to all of that. 

Edited by Jack River

@winterknight You seem to have an interesting path toward awakening. What teacher / teachings would you recommend to a seeker entering such this path?