winterknight

I am enlightened. Sincere seekers: ask me anything

4,433 posts in this topic

Apparently, the majority questioning @winterknight have only IDEAS about what Enlightenment is, hahahahaha...

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Just now, winterknight said:

If by paranormal phenomena you mean phenomena beyond what current science understands, or that is beyond the current scientific framework, yes, without a doubt.

Stuff like astral projection, alternative realms, clairvoyance 

1 minute ago, Serotoninluv said:

Stuff like astral projection, alternative realms, clairvoyance 

I mean, I think so. It's not really absolute truth -- it's still all maya, this stuff -- but that said, within maya, I believe these things exist, yes. Though lots of people who talk about them are probably full of it.

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

2 minutes ago, Hellspeed said:

Apparently, the majority questioning @winterknight have only IDEAS about what Enlightenment is, hahahahaha...

Zen mind, beginner mind.

2 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@alankrillin Rupert Spira uses screen analogies a lot, so I am influenced by that. The idea is that the pixels and screen are one. The pixels modulate and create images that misinterpreted as real. Awakening is the realization of the screen.

Yes, also Ramana Maharshi liked to use the cinema analogy.

It is paradoxical, technically they are one and the same, but yet, there is something about the screen that is never changing, and then there is all that is changing.

Personally I found psychadelics to be good at showing reality isn't what it seems to be, but I don't think they show truth.

Unless of course there is one that can bring you to the absolutely stillness of your mind, but one should learn to do this without external aid.

1 minute ago, winterknight said:

I mean, I think so. It's not really absolute truth -- it's still all maya, this stuff -- but that said, within maya, I believe these things exist, yes. Though lots of people who talk about them are probably full of it.

How can one differentiate between maya and truth?

Just now, winterknight said:

Truth doesn’t change.

Nice. That opened up an avenue for me. You’ve got an interesting perspective.

Is maya within truth?

1 minute ago, alankrillin said:

Personally I found psychadelics to be good at showing reality isn't what it seems to be, but I don't think they show truth.

Unless of course there is one that can bring you to the absolutely stillness of your mind, but one should learn to do this without external aid.

Ha I concur dude! Psychedelics aren’t “the way” like any other technique...they show no more truth than any other “experience” 

truth can only be here now 

3 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

Nice. That opened up an avenue for me. You’ve got an interesting perspective.

Is maya within truth?

Ego is that which, when you look very closely for it, cannot be found. Maya only exists to the ego. No ego, no maya. And there is no ego. So then there can be no question of maya being within truth. And yet, and yet... ? Yes, exactly. To that we can only be silent.

Edited by winterknight

Website/book/one-on-one spiritual guidance: Sifting to the Truth: A New Map to the Self

6 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

How can one differentiate between maya and truth?

"Ultimate Truth is Wordless. The Silence within the Silence"

"Darkness within darkness the gateway to all understanding"

"Silence is truth. Silence is bliss. Silence is peace. And hence silence is the self."

There's so many beautiful quotes, for the direct path.

I think the problem is most people just don't like the silence and dont want to melt into it, ego death is also very scary in the silence and can bring out existential fears.

When I used to smoke salvia I saw everything as ONE... it was beautiful. Is this enlightenment? And if this is enlightenment is it possible that I regressed and subsequently became un-enlightened? 

2 minutes ago, alankrillin said:

I think the problem is most people just don't like the silence and dont want to melt into it, ego death is also very scary in the silence and can bring out existential fears.

Something psychedelics may help us face...

1 minute ago, EvilAngel said:

When I used to smoke salvia I saw everything as ONE... it was beautiful. Is this enlightenment? And if this is enlightenment is it possible that I regressed and subsequently became un-enlightened? 

It's arguably a glimpse of it. But enlightenment is permanent. There's no such thing as becoming enlightened and regressing. There is only having had a glimpse that then went away. But if it motivates you to keep searching, it's a good thing.

I would say that actual awareness is a constant process of death. Every moment we must be perpetually dying which is actually living. This is the difference between those who reside is various experiences as the ground, and those who’s ground is based in no experience at all. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, winterknight said:

enlightenment is permanent. There's no such thing as becoming enlightened and regressing.

Is there a knowing of enlightenment?

4 minutes ago, winterknight said:

It's arguably a glimpse of it. But enlightenment is permanent. There's no such thing as becoming enlightened and regressing. There is only having had a glimpse that then went away. But if it motivates you to keep searching, it's a good thing.

Why keep searching when the truth is evident?