Good-boy

Enlightened people termed mentally ill by society

28 posts in this topic

When you are awakening or awakened, the society puts this label of mental illness on you, fill your system with drugs,and treat you like a piece of shit. This lady seems to have no ego and I myself find her appealing. Imho the interviewer is a psychopath.?

At times after a heavy self inquiry session I find myself acting a little bit like her, thinking slowly, losing touch withy surrounding, time going by fast, not knowing the time, day of the week. If I am just concerned as to how would a person survive during this process like at job, with friends and family members?

Can some also give me an example of a person who got enlightened in like the last 10 years and does something other than spiritual teaching.

Thanks

It's irrelevant.  You get the life you were able to create and develop for yourself.  The only relevant questions are:

1. Are you finding sustainable solutions to your Actual Problem Situations in life? 
  2. Are you able to contribute something back to reality that you feel compelled to give?

#1 is small picture Life Purpose Work.  #2 is big picture Life Purpose work.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I am diagnosed schizophrenic. I am slowly coming off my medication. No one really understands how I came to be the way I am, but I understand internally. Like, my inner and outer world often merge and I can't tell the difference between the real world and my dreams. I have no set personality, it chops and changes through time. The mental health professionals seem to think there's a chemical imbalance, but if they knew the work I've done on myself they would think differently. It's a very outdated way of looking at things to diagnose and medicate enlightened people, I completely agree. 

I'm not sure where 'true' schizophrenia falls on the spiritual spectrum. I had a close friend who was diagnosed schizophrenic very young, and he told me about intense negative/violence inducing hallucinations he would have. I think a big issue for him was that he had a lot of inner work he needed to do that when combined with whatever chemical imbalances and/or spiritual imbalances, it compounded those issues of inner work. It made him self-sabotaging, extremely depressed, paranoid, quick to violence, untrusting.

I think if he was able to focus intensely on shadow work he would be an amazing member of society, because he picks up skills very quickly, is creative, and deep down is a bleeding heart. Medication would make him like a zombie, and without it he would have the occasional manic episode, but he worked through it. Anti-anxiety medication seemed to be the most beneficial for when he got too worked up.

One interesting note, is DMT had almost no effect on him. He tried it many times, and to get even a slight effect he had to essentially load an entire large sized bowl in a pipe. Maybe .3 grams or more smoked in very quickly. I think the natural flow of DMT in his brain being much higher than the average person might have been the cause of this. Maybe without having a support structure that knew how to teach him how to properly navigate spiritual states, he fell victim to extreme trauma because of it. 

Note: his family was extremely Blue and had severe psychological issues themselves to my understanding.

Edited by Elysian
Add

Some call it communicating with spirits, some call it madness, does it really matter what we call it?

Dont look at me! Look inside!

8 minutes ago, Elysian said:

I'm not sure where 'true' schizophrenia falls on the spiritual spectrum. I had a close friend who was diagnosed schizophrenic very young, and he told me about intense negative/violence inducing hallucinations he would have. I think a big issue for him was that he had a lot of inner work he needed to do that when combined with whatever chemical imbalances and/or spiritual imbalances, it compounded those issues of inner work. It made him self-sabotaging, extremely depressed, paranoid, quick to violence, untrusting.

I think if he was able to focus intensely on shadow work he would be an amazing member of society, because he picks up skills very quickly, is creative, and deep down is a bleeding heart. Medication would make him like a zombie, and without it he would have the occasional manic episode, but he worked through it. Anti-anxiety medication seemed to be the most beneficial for when he got too worked up.

One interesting note, is DMT had almost no effect on him. He tried it many times, and to get even a slight effect he had to essentially load an entire large sized bowl in a pipe. Maybe .3 grams or more smoked in very quickly. I think the natural flow of DMT in his brain being much higher than the average person might have been the cause of this. Maybe without having a support structure that knew how to teach him how to properly navigate spiritual states, he fell victim to extreme trauma because of it. 

Note: his family was extremely Blue and had severe psychological issues themselves to my understanding.

If you lose your ego without spiritual practice it can cause major problems. Because you have no ego, your sense of self becomes entangled with everything else in awareness. This is what leads to paranoia e.g. the sense that the TV is talking about you. 

Paranoid schizophrenia is basically a super inflated yet extremely fragile ego. 

There is no link of Schizo to Sporituality if you think....  High dopamine surge and all the illusions....

?IngitScooby ?

I was so concentrating on the benefits of no self/nonduality, that I hadn't really considered what the major downsides could be. Is it possible for my family to think I've snapped and gone fully mental, and having me committed for help. When really I'm just now nonduel and no longer fit into the box if what is considered normality. My family has dealt with schizophrenia, when I beloved childhood friend ended up shooting himself when the schizophrenia got too severe for him. So it's not outside the realm of possibility. I could be viewed as 'lost it' and get committed. And once in the system, it's hard to get out, unless you can get back to acting like you're within the box of what's considered normality.

Why am I trying to do this again? Hahaha. 

5 hours ago, Good-boy said:

At times after a heavy self inquiry session I find myself acting a little bit like her, thinking slowly, losing touch withy surrounding, time going by fast, not knowing the time, day of the week.

I think a self actualized person (more than enlightened) wouldnt have symptoms like that. he would be able to act in the world. look at sadhguru.

6 hours ago, Good-boy said:

When you are awakening or awakened, the society puts this label of mental illness on you, fill your system with drugs,and treat you like a piece of shit. This lady seems to have no ego and I myself find her appealing. Imho the interviewer is a psychopath.

I agree. She seems charming, acts like she is at peace, enjoys her life, takes pleasure in even the most socially mundane things, doesn't Need relationships, but values the ones she has. To me, she just seems heavily medicated by this asshole, and intimidated by him. This is like a priest deaming a woman that acts free, as a witch, in the Salem Witch days. She's just fine, but he projects on her that she is evil because she doesn't act like everyone else. She she is burned alive in front of her own community, just for being a little different and judged by norrow minded, low spiral dynamic, 'I know everything' douchbags. This has happened to enlightened people throughout history. In fact, we are all very lucky to be at this point in history (yeah I know history is an illusion), as it may be the most tolerant point in human history for enlightened people. 

I'm not sure I'd compare nondual to schizophrenia, I think an altered state of consciousness would be more appropriate. In my nondual experience although I stopped recognizing with bodymind and instead as consciousness itself, I would say I was more in the zone than anyone around me. I wasn't clueless bumping around into things confused.

'I' saw things clearly, I was noticing things I'd never notice and correcting them with no effort, I knew what to say how it needed to be said, I could take in everything while still engaging with others/consciousness. It was the furthest thing from confusing. It was disorienting for maybe minutes while awareness adjusted to the way of being.

That is why knowing the concepts are important.

They aren't there for debating 24/24 to distract yourself like a lot of people do here though.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

5 hours ago, Elysian said:

I'm not sure where 'true' schizophrenia falls on the spiritual spectrum.

This is a really good example of how models suck at representing reality.

Seems to be a double edged sword, based on the context, the individual and however its ripple effects dance around in the universe. Let's not paint schizophrenia as if it is a good disorder for everyone - I am sure it can be embraced by certain individuals - but the overall effect on people seems to be of pain on people. Statistically higher suicide rates, high rates of smoking, etc.

That said, I believe there are just shades of schizophrenia like there are shades of everything else - everything is blurry anyway. Three of my siblings have had schizophrenia and I've always intuited that there was a dream-like quality to the world. Perhaps a mild form of schizophrenia(ish) jumpstarted my inquiry into nonduality. I believe there is a connection.

Some excellent systems thinking and deep insights about conciousness could potentially be used to tackle this issue (aka we need turquoise people, according to your model).

2 minutes ago, Outer said:

There's very few enlightened people. Adyashanti and Gary Weber is two of them.

What about Rupert Spira?

45 minutes ago, Talinn said:

Let's not paint schizophrenia as if it is a good disorder for everyone - I am sure it can be embraced by certain individuals - but the overall effect on people seems to be of pain on people. Statistically higher suicide rates, high rates of smoking, etc.

Agreed. My friend suffers immensely, possibly more than anyone I've ever met. He even pushed me away in his paranoia, and I might of did more for him than anyone in his life.

Another acting video.

But is true, enlightened human beings are misunderstood. Being the reason truly awakened people are not in the press. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

1 hour ago, Hellspeed said:

Another acting video.

But is true, enlightened human beings are misunderstood. Being the reason truly awakened people are not in the press. 

What about Tolle?

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

What about Tolle?

As I said. The most enlightened are not in the press focus. 

... 7 rabbits will live forever.