VictorB02

Marijuana as a Spiritual Tool

45 posts in this topic

I am aware that there has been posts in the past regarding marijuana as a spiritual tool, so I hope to keep this question fresh and new.

I am wondering if you think that marijuana can be used as a spiritual tool if used correctly. I have personally struggled with it before, using it as a crutch in highschool, but I also have some amazing mind opening experiences with it, and it is in fact the thing that got me to open my mind to psychedelics, and from there came a spiritual connection and a desire to self actualize. 

The reason why I ask is I have had my fair share of psychedelic trips ( around 4 or 5 medium to higher dosage mushroom trips) and while I don't totally discredit taking psychedelics in the future, I have come to terms that they just aren't really my thing. I notice Leo in his videos and replying to comments to take more psychedelics, but that is just something I can't relate to. I feel I can get much benefit out of smoking a bowl or a joint and get insanely creative, and also have really mind opening and perspective changing experiences while high on cannabis. 

I guess Im curious what your opinion is on using marijuana as a spiritual tool.

Thanks! - Victor

Edited by VictorB02
Mispells

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

@VictorB02 Not your thing? How many psychedelics have you tried?

The only problem with weed is that it can be addictive and weak (relative to true psychedelics).

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Weed is not weak Leo, I dare you to eat some brownies, like, alot of them. ^_^

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles I dare you to plug 30mg of 5-MeO ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I use marihuana as a healing tool.

But it requires experience and awakening to use it properly, otherwise will feed too much the mind and self-concept.  

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

Weed is amazing if done correctly. But most of the people who smoke it just don't understand the power that it can give, but as others said it's weak compared to psychedelics. People who smoke they just use it for entertainment purposes like watching movies, listening to music, munching on food, having sex etc. The low conscious stuff.

I find that weed helps me understand lots of stuff that's happening in my life. Been working on my understanding about how the ego works while high on weed and got some interesting insights of it. Quite useful, but nothing TOO deep.

IMO: Overall weed is a great tool for surface level personal development, just be aware that it doesn't become a crutch. It's useful from time to time (max once a week to go through everything in your head), but don't make weed your every evening activity. Also it's highly addictive for others.

Mahadev

8 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@VictorB02 Not your thing? How many psychedelics have you tried?

The only problem with weed is that it can be addictive and weak (relative to true psychedelics).

Poop your right, I've only ate mushrooms about 4 or 5 times, I guess I totally forgot about 5-meo or even LSD for that matter. I need to try those multiple times before I come to the conclusion that "psychedelics aren't my thing" :P  I guess that the illegality of psychedelics compared to weed can throw me away from them too, I hope they are legalized in my lifetime so that I can try them in a controlled and chill setting.

I've had amazing experiences with some my shroom trips, very mystical and spiritual. They have given me glimpses into divine love, allowed me to understand things on amazing levels, and have also allowed me to have some satori moments within the following months of taking them. I just feel shrooms can just be really dark and tiring to me sometimes, (which is the point, and is good) when marijuana gives me a similar (but not as strong) effect, and doesn't drain me, thats why I wonder if marijuana can be used as a tool for more of a regular basis, and psychedelics used for more of a once and a while thing. 

I am aware of its addictiveness, all my friends are sucked into the stereotypical daily use, playing video games and watching The Office

Edited by VictorB02
added a paragraph

“The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love.” ― Meister Eckhart,

4 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

I use marihuana as a healing tool.

But it requires experience and awakening to use it properly, otherwise will feed too much the mind and self-concept.  

I agree, How I see weed now after my mushroom trips compared to how I used it when I first ran into it is completely different!

4 hours ago, inFlow said:

Weed is amazing if done correctly. But most of the people who smoke it just don't understand the power that it can give, but as others said it's weak compared to psychedelics. People who smoke they just use it for entertainment purposes like watching movies, listening to music, munching on food, having sex etc. The low conscious stuff.

I find that weed helps me understand lots of stuff that's happening in my life. Been working on my understanding about how the ego works while high on weed and got some interesting insights of it. Quite useful, but nothing TOO deep.

IMO: Overall weed is a great tool for surface level personal development, just be aware that it doesn't become a crutch. It's useful from time to time (max once a week to go through everything in your head), but don't make weed your every evening activity. Also it's highly addictive for others.

I agree very much so with your opinion. Psychedelics can take you deep as heck but weed can definitely provide some useful insights and creative ideas as well. Its just the snake-like nature that Mary Jane has of wrapping you in her tentacles and pulling you into her grasp everyday. I see it will all of my friends, they literally can not stop. 

3 hours ago, Recursoinominado said:

The addictive potential of weed is no joke, speaking from personal experience. 

I agree, I've struggled with the past year to quit and finally have gotten to a point to where I've only smoked twice within the past 4 months. 

It is a tricky snake to deal with trying to smoke and not get addicted, I just know how creative it makes me and how it impacted me when I first started using it (which was amazing) thats why I believe if your awareness is high enough, you can use it as a tool and not get sucked in.

38 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

@VictorB02 For me, cannibis is a great tool for integration. It can be habit forming tho.

Thanks for your insight!

It's good for sure, a psychedelic light, but compared with meditation still psychedelic.

At most I used it 3-4 times a week, but with a lot of meditation during the days as well.

I feel like at some point though, it just becomes like; 'ah yeah, this again, okay, ye I didn't really need to use it again', and then I don't feel using it for some time, and then when I feel like using again, it can come back nicely again.

So not addictive for me, I feel like you need to have a poor lifestyle and unsensitive mind to get really attached to it, and if you meditate well, it should help sober reality become enoughly psychedelic already imo.

Edit: you might want to look at some strains with CBD, these are the indica strains I belief, I think there are some studies showing it had anti-psychotic and anti-anxiety effects. In my own experience, these strains can indeed feel calmer/more body load, and the sativa strains can really get you that super high and sensitive head space.

Edited by AlwaysBeNice

I use it as a meditation tool sometimes, but never with my main meditation sit of the day - I always do those totally sober. There have been times where I just want to fall asleep as soon as I sit and close my eyes, but there are other times when it's very effective at both getting me totally focused on my breathing and also taking me to "that place" that all meditators love. The place where you have no immediate concept of who, where or what you are.....you just are. You're just breath.

I won't lie, I also sometimes get high and chainwatch Bob Ross episodes.  :P

bob-ross-youtube-tease2-today-160831_504

@AlwaysBeNice thank you for your reply

14 hours ago, VictorB02 said:

I am aware of its addictiveness, all my friends are sucked into the stereotypical daily use, playing video games and watching The Office

You really should get new friends if you wanna get somewhere in life <3

It is a huge creativity booster, it can be a sexual booster especially to women, it can be a sedative, a tranquilizer and a painkiller. It is very addictive if you use strong strings at a young age for a long time, it can hook you for life... Once hooked, it can make you antisocial, you probably lose concentration, attention and your short term memory, and have a general loss of motivation... so if used daily, I would say it's not recommended for spiritual growth for most, use it wisely...

Never mix it tobacco and only vape it... never smoke the herb... that enhances the addictiveness like crazy and transforms the healing potential of the herb into carcinogens, by smoking it you loses 90% of the herb beneficial healing potential, (antibacterial, anti this, anti that...) ! By yourself a vaporizer!

Who Am I to judge? When I think I know, I don't know that I don't know.

"Things don't change when they are understood. Understanding reinforces the intellect (the ego). The seeker has to make room to the meditative state."