VictorB02

Marijuana as a Spiritual Tool

45 posts in this topic

Also important to point out that there are different kind of strains of weed that give different effects.

Weed has so much healing potential.

If you have access to sativa vs indica strains you will notice clear differences between them and you can actually use whichever strain depending on your situation.

Indica is great for relaxation and sleep. I love vaping before a good yoga/stretch session with a strong focus on cultivating body awareness and taking deep breathes. I feel that it is a lot easier to get into the present moment.

Sativa is great for high energy activity and creativity.

Another thing people do not mention is the dosage. Yeah you can get blazed or you can take 1 hit of dank sativa and then hit the gym with the extra creativity and energy pulsating through you.

It is habit forming though.

10 minutes ago, SgtPepper said:

Also important to point out that there are different kind of strains of weed that give different effects.

Weed has so much healing potential.

If you have access to sativa vs indica strains you will notice clear differences between them and you can actually use whichever strain depending on your situation.

Indica is great for relaxation and sleep. I love vaping before a good yoga/stretch session with a strong focus on cultivating body awareness and taking deep breathes. I feel that it is a lot easier to get into the present moment.

Sativa is great for high energy activity and creativity.

Another thing people do not mention is the dosage. Yeah you can get blazed or you can take 1 hit of dank sativa and then hit the gym with the extra creativity and energy pulsating through you.

It is habit forming though.

Beautiful. I've had very similar experience. I would just add that for most people, vaping and edibles have distinct experiences. Edibles can lead to a more intense / quasi psychedelic mind-body state.

After having several peak experiences, I tried to meditate, contemplate and observe under weed. And that day I've had 5 major peak experiences (overwhelmingly intense, lasting several seconds and then closing up), several minor, and the ability to enter plateau experience (prolonged and at generally less intense connection to Being/Reality) at will. The level of consciousness outside of peak experiences was at times so high that it has brought me to tears in awe of experiencing reality, and just simply being.

I'm still going through this transformation, but the main point is that I'm pretty sure that weed can act as a push that makes it easier to tune into connection with Being, provided you've already had some peak experiences. This is analogous to how having experience of 5-MeO (a peak experience) can alter your future experiences of regular psychedelics (with weed being a possibility).

I thoroughly enjoy psychedelics and the insights and states of consciousness they can bring, so we are quite different there. I have been using dabs/concentrated THC as a stand-in for psychedelics lately as I don’t have access to them. For me, it’s all about experiencing states of consciousness radically different than what we normally experience. This is why I usually do quite a large dab or eat a strong edible to get the most out of weed. IMO, the way most people use weed to constantly get mildly high is usually detrimental in the long run. I have had some incredibly profound trips on dabs, and yes, they were full on psychedelic trips on par with 6 grams of mushrooms or 10 tabs of LSD. These trips also have given me some valuable spiritual/philosophical insights, but if I have a tolerance, I usually experience a purely recreational experience. I think you’ll see most benefit for this work by using weed at very high doses which is much easier to get by smoking dabs or eating edibles. Anyway, that’s just how I use it. 

Everybody wanna be a mystic, but nobody wanna dissolve themselves to the point of a psych ward visit. 
https://youtu.be/5i5jGU9wn2M?si=-rXSAiT1MMZrdBtY

On 10/12/2018 at 7:09 PM, Jack River said:

No tools invented by thought will heal the psychological “me”. The tools are a product of the mechanism that causes emotional/psychological issues. Any time based movement seems to just agitate emotional/psychological reaction. 

If this were true, then no healing tools/therapies would work, which is simply not true.

The tools are a product of intelligence.