aurum

What Happened To Me After 18 Months Of Sungazing

42 posts in this topic

*Warning, sungazing can be potentially dangerous for your eyes. Use all described safety precautions*

What is Sungazing?

~18 months ago, I came across this practice called sungazing. Some of you may have heard of it, but for those of you who haven't, let me explain what it is.

Sungazing is an ancient practice that recently started getting popularity due to the work of a guy named Hira Ratan Manek (HRM). The idea is simple: all things are energy, and we can absorb the energy from the sun through looking at with our eyes.

Specifically, here is the practice HRM recommends:

1. Wait until what photographers call the "golden hour", which is one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset. This is to prevent damage to your eyes, so take this seriously!
  2. Stand with bare feet on bare earth (sand, soil) and simply look at the sun.
  3. On the first day, look at the sun for only 10 seconds.
  4. Everyday afterwards, increase the time you look at the sun by 10 seconds until you get to 44 minutes. If you did this everyday, it would take you 9 months to get there.
  5. Once you get to 44 minutes, stop. For the next year continue to gaze 15 minutes a day, or just walk on bare earth with the sun on you.
  6. Say goodbye to sungazing, you're finished

Here is a video of HRM explaining the practice in more detail:

My Sungazing Journey

I had never heard anyone recommend sungazing before, so I was intrigued. Old beliefs like "staring at the sun will damage your eyes!" came up, but I decided to let that go. It seemed incredibly simple and the claimed benefits were pretty wild. 

Some of these benefits included:

• Mental, physical and emotional healing
  • Spiritual development
  • Improved eyesight
  • Reduction or complete elimination for the need to eat food
  • More energy, less need for sleep.

Since I just finished my initial 44 minutes, I'm going to go through each one of these benefits and explain what my experience was.

Claim: Mental, physical and emotional healing

Result: I've definitely noticed a change for the better in all of these areas. It was very common that after a long sungazing session, I would find myself having an emotional release. However, I think HRM's claim that sungazing will fix all your physical and mental problems is a bit exaggerated.

Claim: Spiritual development

Result: Positive. To me, spirituality and well-being are one in the same. So since I saw an improvement in my emotional and physical health, I'd definitely say there were spiritual benefits. I also became much more interested in nature during this time.

Claim: Improved eyesight

Result: I have pretty bad myopia, and I can't say sungazing improved my eyesight at all. However, it also didn't destroy my eyes as most people would assume.

Claim: Reduction or complete elimination for the need to eat food

Result: I also can't say I noticed any difference here as well. Another claim that may be exaggerated

Claim: More energy, less need for sleep

Result: I do feel like I have more energy overall. Sometimes after a session I would feel particularly "plugged in" so to speak. I also noticed that when I started a session, I would usually start yawning. Yawning is a classic sign of an energetic release and sudden upshift in your vibration. However, I still sleep the same amount as before.

Overall, I think sungazing is a beneficial practice. It takes little to no effort to go outside and look at the sun, and you will see improvements.

However, my results could be biased. I also do a lot of other spiritual practices. So it's hard to isolate sungazing as the cause of some of the benefits I've seen over the last 18 months.

For that reason, I think it would be awesome if more people on this forum would be willing to give it a try and post their experiences. Sungazing has the potential to help a lot of people but there's little to no mainstream scientific research on this stuff. So this could be like an underground group experiment. Who needs grant money?

TL DR;

Sungazing works, but potentially not as well as some people claim. More people should try it!

@Gabriel Antonio

I agree, caution is good. One thing I forget to mention is regular checkups with an optometrist may be a good idea for anyone doing this.

@aurum Thanks for the report. This is the kind of thing I'd like to see more of on this forum: people posting reports based off their direct experimentation.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Great topic. I was captured by it.

This Sungazing thing seems very interesting to me.

I'm not willing to try it right now because I don't have my life in order but someday I will...

At the moment I practice meditation every single day for 30 minutes. It keeps me in good shape psychologically.

Me on the road less traveled.

@Leo Gura @Sahil Pandit

Thanks guys. 

40 minutes ago, The Don said:

I'm not willing to try it right now because I don't have my life in order but someday I will...

Why wait? 

Thanks for the report! From now on I´ll do some sungazing everytime I can see the sun in those hours :)

@Shiva Thats' why:

"Wait until what photographers call the "golden hour", which is one hour after sunrise and one hour before sunset."

Sun is not so strong then. Although one should still be cautious of course.

Oh yes, I can confirm this, it works. Having more than 2 years of experience too.

... 7 rabbits will live forever.                                                                                                                                                                                                  

@non_nothing @luckieluuke

Thanks!

10 hours ago, Shiva said:

Sounds very interesting!

Is it really save though? I mean here is Spain the sun is quite strong. I'm afraid I could damage my eyes even during the "golden hour". Any thoughts on that?

I doubt the sun is any stronger than what we got here in Miami.

I'm not going to say something damaging couldn't happen and that you shouldn't take precautions. I was hesitant at first and went very slowly.

I think what tipped the balance for me in terms of feeling safe was that I've just seen too much information in the mainstream health field. The same eye doctors that would probably tell you that the sun would damage your ears are the same ones that would prescribe prescription glasses / contacts, which ultimately weaken the eye and can cause things like myopia. I suggest checking out the work of my friend Dr. Jacob Liberman if you want to understand what I'm talking about.

So I basically just said fuck it. Mainstream medical advice is a reflection of the unconsciousness of our society. So I'm going to try something outside the box.

5 hours ago, Hellspeed said:

Oh yes, I can confirm this, it works. Having more than 2 years of experience too.

Awesome. Can you say specifically what you experienced? 

In the docu: 'eating the sun', that guy you linked was found eating in a restaurant (when he claimed he goes without food)

So its just staring at the sun mybe its more to it something inbetween idk how the energy is absorbed mybe you could speed it up to gain more just speculating?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

1 hour ago, AlwaysBeNice said:

In the docu: 'eating the sun', that guy you linked was found eating in a restaurant (when he claimed he goes without food)

I heard that as well. So he’s not perfect, big shocker. I don’t see that as a reason to throw away everything he said. Osho got in way worse shit than that and we still learn from him.

1 hour ago, NoSelfSelf said:

So its just staring at the sun mybe its more to it something inbetween idk how the energy is absorbed mybe you could speed it up to gain more just speculating?

Yup just looking at the sun. Maybe you could speed it up, but the gradual increase is so that you don’t hurt yourself. So I would adhere by it.

1 hour ago, Maximus said:

I came to the same conclusions, as with most things in life..

Cool, can you share what your experience was like more specifically?

The sun is giver of Life/Light/Truth, its wisdom of a divine evolved being billions of years old. 15 minutes a day is enough but you can do as long as you feel comfortable. It has helped me too, sungazing is an ancient technique that's been forgotten for thousands of years and recently came back to light.

You can also moongaze, more subtle but noticeably if you are sensitive enough a more feminine energy. You may not know this but one day you will become a start too and look back at yourself billions of years now remembering this very moment. The universe is a beautiful spiritual.

;)

B R E A T H E

4 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@pluto Would you say the sun has a more masculine energy and the moon feminine?

Yeah, from my observation i get the warm masculine energy from the sun, cool feminine from the moon and neutral grounding energy from earth. And if i am being honest the most calm, and centered, fun, happy, loving human beings I've met and i know spend more time outside in nature than they do inside in boxes. Energy is everything.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E