Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Green Examples Mega-Thread

2,017 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Does it look like she is speaking to a room full of Stage Blue people? The things Leo are saying in his videos will make a Stage Blue person have an aneurysm. Leo's content is not meant for these people, and same with her talk.

Have you read these comments? Does it look like shes getting through to anyone?

Did you really just compare this to Leos remarkable content...

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

2 hours ago, Rilles said:

Have you read these comments? Does it look like shes getting through to anyone?

Did you really just compare this to Leos remarkable content...

I'm just saying you're pulling a lot of information out of a 30 second segment (and no, I'm not comparing her to Leo). I could interpret her introduction in two ways: either she tried to be excessively provocative and it didn't land properly, or she is actually driven by hate. I prefer the former (but either one could be true, or both at the same time), because presumeably, this is an academic talk, which means there is usually some substance behind the claims presented. The definition of racism can be approached from several different perspectives, and "white people are always racist" may be a valid conclusion from one of those perspectives.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

I'm just saying you're pulling a lot of information out of a 30 second segment (and no, I'm not comparing her to Leo). I could interpret her introduction in two ways: either she tried to be excessively provacative and it didn't land properly, or she is actually driven by hate. I prefer the former (but either one could be true, or both at the same time), because presumeably, this is an academic talk, which means there is usually some substance behind the claims presented, and the definition of racism can be approached from several different perspectives, and "white people are always racist" may be a valid conclusion from one of those perspectives.

??well leave it at that

the dude is lazy green I think

Edited by Lyubov

15 minutes ago, Lyubov said:

the dude is lazy green I think

Thats just like your opinion, man = peak Green relativism

On 11/14/2020 at 9:36 AM, Husseinisdoingfine said:

Alright, I see you guys like Stonetoss. He's a rather right wing cartoonist, but his comics are funny.

anarchy-minecraft-political-cartoon.png

This is a minecraft 2b2t reference, the oldest anarchy server. 

Anything goes on this server including hacks, building needs to be done in secret or else its quickly targeted by groups and destroyed. 

Red dominates and destroys any progress. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

Originally, I wanted to post this in the Mastery Mega Thread, but the whole scenery is just so much more fitting to this thread. xD

Damn.. I would have loved being a hippie back in the days.

Not sure if anyone else here is a Terry Pratchett fan, but his satirical Discworld series comes to mind. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.”

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

6 hours ago, DocWatts said:

Not sure if anyone else here is a Terry Pratchett fan, but his satirical Discworld series comes to mind. 
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that'd still be keeping his feet dry in ten years' time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes 'Boots' theory of socioeconomic unfairness.”

The reality is much more brutal than merely that.

The reality is that the reason rich people are rich is mostly because the whole society is rigged like a pyramid scheme to funnel money upward toward the very top 1% to 10% of society, thus basically enslaving the bottom 90% to be the servants of the top 10%. And then those top 10% are so happy and so powerful that they have zero interest in change the system because it serves them perfectly, and the bottom 90% are too poor and too busy working for the top 10% to do anything about it.

This is how all human civilizations have functioned for some 10,000 years since ancient Egypt. And it continues to this day.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura do you think the spiritual revolution is our only hope?

Edited by Shunyata

Stay cool & dry.

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

The reality is much more brutal than merely that.

The reality is that the reason rich people are rich is mostly because the whole society is rigged like a pyramid scheme to funnel money upward toward the very top 1% to 10% of society, thus basically enslaving the bottom 90% to be the servants of the top 10%. And then those top 10% are so happy and so powerful that they have zero interest in change the system because it serves them perfectly, and the bottom 90% are too poor and too busy working for the top 10% to do anything about it.

This is how all human civilizations have functioned for some 10,000 years since ancient Egypt. And it continues to this day.

Of course. And where you end up in Society is due to a compounding series of advantages or disadvantages that are rationalized in the West by labeling it a 'Meritocracy'. Positions are open to all! Provided you didn't get f*cked by the Birth Lottery, then you just didn't try hard enough.

The Terry Pratchett example above was more meant to demonstrate someone who has an intuitive understanding of the Poverty Cycle (being poor is expensive, and makes just about everything in life more difficult); but point well taken.

opportunities.png

9847008_orig.jpg

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

"We are like the spider. We weave our life and then move along in it. We are like the dreamer who dreams and then lives in the dream. This is true for the entire universe."

-- The Upanishads

Encyclopedia

Lower stages being open to parts of Green:

You have been gifted the Golden Kappa~! 

6 hours ago, Thewritersunion said:

Lower stages being open to parts of Green:

For all the shit that progressives talk at the Lincoln Project, their actually philosophy is spot-on.

These guys need to form a sane conservative party because conservatives are not going away. It's simply of question of: will we have sane conservatives or bat-shit crazy ones?

I actually feel bad for sane conservatives because in the era of Trump they have no voice. It's Trump or nothing at all -- and that is no sustainable. It is possible to be a reasonable conservative, but they get no voice.

Progressives make a mistake when they demonize reasonable conservatives like the Lincoln guys and David Frum -- leaving no alternative but bat-shit crazy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.