Omario

What can i do to remove the ego

21 posts in this topic

hey what are things i could be doing right now to eliminate my ego?

That which seeks to eliminate ego IS ego. 

See the subtle trickyness of this whole endeavour?

Understand what feeds “the me”. 

Edited by Jack River

3 minutes ago, Omario said:

@robdl yeah so what the hell do i do about it

Watch it. Watch it long

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Contemplate what is the substance of ego and what destroys is and act upon those insights. 

And you can overcome the ego trying to destroy the ego issue. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

I'm tired of repeating this. While you're alive human being you have ego, It can be eliminate only by eliminating/leaving human body. Try to answer this. Why you need to eliminate It? 

What you actually have to do (and only thing you can while you're alive) is learn how to take control over It and use in the most beneficial way. Removing It? Impossible without dying. Shape and wire It in the best way you can and enjoy your life, the more you try to fight/remove/eliminate the stronger It gets.

Edited by RabbitHole

1 hour ago, Omario said:

@robdl yeah so what the hell do i do about it

why do you want to eliminate your ego?  What do you want exactly? 

Before we discuss the goal, we must explore the desire, motivation, intentions.

Edited by robdl

Cough... Cough...

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Omario  Commit ego suicide. Look in a mirror (optional) and say to yourself "Everything I've held true about myself since the day I was born has been a lie". Can tell you from experiance that will give you an ego death. Tried it a few times and nothing happened at first so almost gave up. Gave it one more honest try. Caution: It's a real foundation shaker to the physiological self. 

@Omario Here is one (of many) ways to start: Sit on a cushion. Be aware of your breath. As a thought arises, acknowledge it as "thought" and return to the breath. As a feeling arises, label it as "feeling" and return to the breath. Do this over and over again. Each time, there is awareness saying "I see you ego". Eventually, you will get a sense of being an observer to your thoughts and feelings. You will sense *space* between a deeper you and the thoughts/feelings. Do it consistently everyday. Don't let up. Be a hardass on the ego. Every thought, Every feeling. Acknowledge it and return to the breath. This observer - object stage was my first along the path.

The reason I suggest bringing attention to the breath is that "just being aware" is too big of a jump for a conditioned mind that is new to meditation. Following the breath provides grounding and can help relax the mind. I've found relaxing the mind is crucial for self actualization.

They key to this is simply to become aware and develop space from the ego. For me, the next stage was let gain awareness of my attachment and identification to thoughts and feelings. At first, this came from a combination of meditation, readings, retreats and discussions. 

12 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@Omario  Look in a mirror (optional) and say to yourself "Everything I've held true about myself since the day I was born has been a lie". I can tell you from experiance that will give you an ego death. Tried it a few times and nothing happened at first so I almost gave up. Then I gave it one more honest try. 

My big breakthrough on this was during a sensory deprivation float. Nearly all sensory input was removed. Thoughts and feelings dissolved. There was only the sensation of a heartbeat. I was in a womb with no identity and realized everything after that point was fiction.

9 minutes ago, Serotoninluv said:

My big breakthrough on this was during a sensory deprivation float. Nearly all sensory input was removed. Thoughts and feelings dissolved. There was only the sensation of a heartbeat. I was in a womb with no identity and realized everything after that point was fiction.

@SerotoninluvAlways wanted to try the float tank. I can see how the could be a quick way to experiencing ego death/no self. If you allow it to happen that is.

15 minutes ago, cetus56 said:

@SerotoninluvAlways wanted to try the float tank. I can see how the could be a quick way to experiencing ego death/no self. If you allow it to happen that is.

It's a different meditative state. I think a good meditation foundation is key. I've gone with other people and they seem to get pre-occupied with what''s "supposed to happen". Or that they are not doing something right.

I've had on-and-off insomnia most of my life. Years ago, I dated a master sleeper. This gal could fall asleep virtually anywhere. I asked her what her trick was. She looked at me a bit puzzled and said "You just let go and let it happen". That's how to do it in the flotation tank, IME. 

@Serotoninluv Yea surrender is key in all of this. For some it comes easy. Others not so much. But when they do, it's eppic.

What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.

9 hours ago, Omario said:

hey what are things i could be doing right now to eliminate my ego?

This right here and manily your Threads Title is the issue :)

What can "I" do to remove the ego?

That's you saying "what can I do to remove myself? What can I do to remove I?

You see the problem :)

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

6 hours ago, Crazy_Monkey_Brain said:

What a liberation to realize that the “voice in my head” is not who I am. Who am I then? The one who sees that.

Love it

Love Is The Answer
www.instagram.com/ev3rSunny

The Ego needs Unconditional Love.

Forgive, welcome and make one whole again.

You are always home, you are always free. Its all about letting everything go, the more you let go, the more you embody divine truth.

B R E A T H E

The ego stays alive by hijacking the awakening process.

"I can only get enlightened THIS way, or if I do THIS, or THIS."

This is a way of not facing your fears, which are the ego's self-protection strategy.

So basically, do that thing which scares you to death.

But first you have to admit all your basic fears to yourself.

Like, if this forum were a large encounter group where everyone just called everyone else out on their fears, it would expedite everyone's awakening process.

Edited by Haumea2018