Leo Gura

Strange Loops Mega-Thread

236 posts in this topic

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

So reality is on an infinite loop, I think I'm getting it now. But how do we relate that to the strange loop that occurs when the human mind tries to grasp infinity? How are they the same phenomena? Just the loop aspect? This question might not even make sense as I don't think I'm grasping strange loops at all. 

1 hour ago, Wisebaxter said:

So reality is on an infinite loop, I think I'm getting it now. But how do we relate that to the strange loop that occurs when the human mind tries to grasp infinity? How are they the same phenomena? Just the loop aspect? This question might not even make sense as I don't think I'm grasping strange loops at all. 

@Natasha Thanks Natasha, I've watched that video but it still eludes me lol. I guess that's the things about strange loops though. I'll get there. That picture Leo posted, of the eye looking back at itself. That really helped. I can see now how I'm the universe/God watching itself

Edited by Wisebaxter

"He walked toward the sheets of flame. They did not bite his flesh, they caressed him and flooded him without heat or combustion. With relief, with humiliation, with terror, he understood that he also was an illusion, that someone else was dreaming him. "  Jorge Luis Borges, The Circular Ruins

https://sparidinchiostro.com/2013/09/24/the-bus/

STRANGELOOP_Capture d’écran 2019-09-06 à 18.50.36.png

"Tis true without lying, certain and most true.
That which is below is like that which is above
and that which is above is like that which is below 
to do the miracles of one only thing" 

Perhaps one of the most concise and powerful representation of the principle of analogy or correspondance , basis of all esoteric teachings across the world because it is the way microcosm and microcosm are structured and relate to each other. He who understands this has the key to understand all the ancient civilizations as well as the universe itself and realize, both internally AND externally the Philosopher Stone ...

STRANGELOOP_Capture d’écran 2019-09-22 à 18.42.42.png

Don't know if this relevant but recently made this drawing that i want to share ^^

eyes.jpeg

1 hour ago, Nemo28 said:

Don't know if this relevant but recently made this drawing that i want to share ^^

eyes.jpeg

Beautiful. Kinda fractal-esk 

"No one can pass the gateless gate. So be no one."

enlightenment is the process of dissolving the ego, ergo, ego is the very thing that makes enlightenment possible at all.

probably why god creates division in the first place.

on my last shroom trip with my eyes closed, I witnessed clear as day literal mandelbrot fractals much like @nowimhere's profile photo. Leo has said that the visuals on psychedelics are mostly a distraction but something tells me there is osmething very deep there relating to the mechanisms of division and duality

‘The water in which the mystic swims is the water in which a madman drowns. --Joseph Campbell

"THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE!"

"NEW MISSION REFUSES THIS MISSION!" 

"DOES A SET OF ALL SETS CONTAIN ITSELF?" 

from Portal 2 Game

po.jpg

"If you kick me when I'm down, you better pray I don't get up"

On 11/24/2019 at 6:02 AM, hamedsf said:

"THIS STATEMENT IS FALSE!"

"NEW MISSION REFUSES THIS MISSION!" 

"DOES A SET OF ALL SETS CONTAIN ITSELF?" 

from Portal 2 Game

po.jpg

Nice!

22 minutes ago, Yog said:

That is fucking amazing! :D

Now that's a proper strange loop!

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Keep searching for more examples.

I want more strange loops! We need to have the biggest repository of strange loops on the planet here.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

This is a game where you play as the eternal subject, God. 

I have purchased and played this game and would highly reccomend. A massive trip, especially when playing with friends.

This game contains many strange loops, perhaps the most obvious one is...

This game allows you to zoom in and play as dust particles, bacteria, atoms, quarks. And it also allows you to zoom out and play as planets and galaxies.

If the player zooms in far enough, you actually end up zoomed out as far as possible. So, if you keep zooming into the atoms, you end up seeing planets and universes.

It's an infinite strange loop!

There's also a part of the game where you can play as a TV that is running the Everything Game on it! It's delightfully mind-twisting.

I make YouTube videos about Self-Actualization: >> Check it out here <<

@Leo Gura How 'bout the upcoming Oscars? Hollywood congratulating itself? Now if that aint one epic strange loop, then I don't know what is. ^_^

Why so serious?

What if you had a full glass of water, and drank the whole thing. It's empty right? It's also full of air.