Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,484 posts in this topic

Just now, Preety_India said:

I think it's more achievement oriented. 

So a lot of toxic Orange focuses on getting things by hook or by crook. 

Of course, I wasn't disputing that ("different ends"). I only wanted to highlight the tendency for Orange to want to base everything in something objective, rational, tangible.

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Of course, I wasn't disputing that ("different ends"). I only wanted to highlight the tendency for Orange to want to base everything in something objective, rational, tangible.

That's not the same as Blue. Blue is not worried about rational as much as about value system. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

1 minute ago, Preety_India said:

That's not the same as Blue. Blue is not worried about rational as much as about value system. 

Rationality IS a value system. Yes, Blue is "more" concerned about values and principles, but Orange is still heavily within that realm - that's all :) 

4 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

Rationality IS a value system. Yes, Blue is "more" concerned about values and principles, but Orange is still heavily within that realm - that's all :) 

What I mean to say is that Blue won't care even if their values aren't rational. 

Just now, Preety_India said:

What I mean to say is that Blue won't care even if their values aren't rational. 

Well duh - it's not a part of their values/principles. That's Orange's principles (that being rational is something of value) ^_^

@ColeMC01 Rename book title to "Think for your self and grow rich". Healthy blue, there figuring it out! 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

1 minute ago, Carl-Richard said:

Well duh - it's not a part of their values/principles. That's Orange's principles (that being rational is something of value) ^_^

That's what I meant. Orange is focused on achieving whether rational or irrational. 

Blue is focused on values whether rational or irrational. 

Values, principles, and rationality are all independent variables that exist in different ways all up and down the Spiral.

You guys are conflating and oversimplifying a lot of stuff here. Be more nuanced and please read the fucking book.

Don't make me regret teaching you this stuff.

Like children with loaded shotguns.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

Values, principles, and rationality are all independent variables that exist in different ways all up and down the Spiral.

You guys are conflating and oversimplifying a lot of stuff here. Be more nuanced and please read the fucking book.

Don't make me regret teaching you this stuff.

Like children with loaded shotguns.

Might be worth an addendum video of its own to the Spiral Dynamics series : 'Limitations of the Spiral Dynamics'. Or more broadly : 'Limitations of Developmental Psychology'.

Powerful as Spiral Dynamics is, I do think that it tends to be overemphasized to some degree, and it might be worth taking some time to point to deconstruct the model in order to point some of its Limitations (for example how it tries to squeeze several dimensions of a person's development down to just one axis; namely thier cultural value code). And that models of developmental psychology like SD aren't immune to being applied in a reductionist way.

Edited by DocWatts

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

Good critique on developmental models like Spiral Dynamics from 'The Listening Society', that's worth keeping in mind:

Dqk4uHIU0AAGmNQ.jpg

I'm writing a philosophy book! Check it out at : https://7provtruths.org/

I think the degree of independency in your thinking is the main thing that change between the stages.

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

1 hour ago, DocWatts said:

Might be worth an addendum video of its own to the Spiral Dynamics series : 'Limitations of the Spiral Dynamics'

Already exists

@Leo Gura I've noticed that I can easily guess the stages based on a small hint like that, having the book, I know why you say it's blue, but I can't exacly explain why that is, I have studied your videos well and have been around people in stage blue, orange, red and green even a bit of a small exposure to purple. it's so easy to me to guess most stages based on the Vmeme way of the stage or even a stereotypical image, sort of like how you, for example, post videos about the Simpson's hippies, Like I know that not all the people that go in the category of red or green are the same, it's very easy for me to see that having been around people form all these stages that I mentioned. however, this is helpful for me personally only because I have this exposure. I see many members here who simply follow your teachings rationally and end up believing some silly notion, such as for example, the word 'fight' must always mean Red, or the word 'peace' must always mean Green (no pun intended).

@Leo Gura I'm reading think & grow rich & I think this book is more stage yellow / turquoise

It's talks a lot about spiritual concepts, visualization, energy & the power of faith. 

I'm going to permanently avoid spiral dynamics as I find it is too toxic & lumps unique things & people into categories. I don't like it. 

Hearing that a great book is "stage blue" just makes me feel guilty about reading it. 

It is a unique book of its own & it's "stage" should be irrelevant.. 

It's ultimately a law of attraction book > in my opinion orange/green, yellow & turqoise 

1 hour ago, Happy Lizard said:

@Leo Gura I've noticed that I can easily guess the stages based on a small hint like that, having the book, I know why you say it's blue, but I can't exacly explain why that is, I have studied your videos well and have been around people in stage blue, orange, red and green even a bit of a small exposure to purple. it's so easy to me to guess most stages based on the Vmeme way of the stage or even a stereotypical image, sort of like how you, for example, post videos about the Simpson's hippies, Like I know that not all the people that go in the category of red or green are the same, it's very easy for me to see that having been around people form all these stages that I mentioned. however, this is helpful for me personally only because I have this exposure. I see many members here who simply follow your teachings rationally and end up believing some silly notion, such as for example, the word 'fight' must always mean Red, or the word 'peace' must always mean Green (no pun intended).

SD is a complex model that takes a lot of experience to calibrate well.

It's like calibrating an AI. You need to give it thousands of examples to train it.

1 hour ago, Striving for more said:

@Leo Gura I'm reading think & grow rich & I think this book is more stage yellow / turquoise

It's talks a lot about spiritual concepts, visualization, energy & the power of faith. 

I'm going to permanently avoid spiral dynamics as I find it is too toxic & lumps unique things & people into categories. I don't like it. 

Hearing that a great book is "stage blue" just makes me feel guilty about reading it.

That's because you have a shallow understanding of the stages. Blue is not a bad stage. It's absolutely crucial to success in life. You will never succeed in life without the discipline and work ethic of Blue.

It's not Yellow or Turquoise. Again, your calibration is lacking. Just because it has visualizations or spiritual concepts does not make it 2nd Tier.

I never understood why people demonize Blue. 

We're here because of Blue right? 

:D

3 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I never understood why people demonize Blue. 

We're here because of Blue right? 

:D

Blue is so damn rigid, thats the gift and the curse. It strips you of freedom so it can save you from the chaos of Red. Kind of like how Feudalism saved you from barbarism, but you had to adhere to one religion, one king, one job for life and that was it, but was it worth it as long as you didnt get killed by a savage Mongol invader? Its hard for us to imagine how ruthless life is without the Blue foundation.

Edited by Rilles

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles you're looking at it with a narrow perspective.

Blue is what creates law enforcement and ethics system.. 

Your life depends on it. 

No other stage can exist without Blue. It's the foundational stage. 

You can't be Green without Blue nor can you be Turquoise. 

2 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Rilles you're looking at it with a narrow perspective.

Blue is what creates law enforcement and ethics system.. 

Your life depends on it. 

No other stage can exist without Blue. It's the foundational stage. 

You can't be Green without Blue nor can you be Turquoise. 

I dont think you properly read what I wrote, I didnt badmouth Blue. 

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Rilles yea I get the bad parts of blue 

It's reiterated more often than not.