Leo Gura

Spiral Dynamics Stage Orange Examples Mega-Thread

1,482 posts in this topic

@Preety_India

Blue is not generally openminded, so it attacks everything that is different from the status quo and the main thought system. Kids are the exact opposite of following enstablished rules. So you can understand where this thing is going. But also, it's a lot deeper than that. It's not just like kids are rebels. They get molded by stage blue parents with lack of independent thinking, closed-mindedness, abuses in some cases, fear, guilt, etc. Obviously that's the Stage Blue shadow. There's also healthy stage blue. But since stage blue is not particularly cognitively evolved, it's not aware of its shadow and doesn't bother to look at it because of many layers preventing to do so: a stage blue person has internalized the lessons he/she received from parents, and the cycle goes on and on. Stage blue cognitive level keeps you locked in blue. This is why stage blue is still strong.

Been on the healing journey for 5 committed years: traumas, deep wounds, negative beliefs, emotional blockages, internal fragmentation, blocked chakras, tight muscles, deep tensions, dysfunctional relationship dynamics. --> Check out my posts for info on how to heal:

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82579-what-causes-anhedonia-how-can-it-be-cured/?page=2#comment-1167003

@Superfluo all those things I already know. 

Like I said I know the bad parts. I've been living in stage Blue system for years 

But without Blue there was no rule and no foundation 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

13 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

That's actually a stage Blue book. And great stuff!

Interesting. Is it because beliefs and faith are used similarly than in religions? I remember the Self Confidence formula that looked like a prayer.

This one is orange. It's all about the self, individuality, and personal responsibility.

91V6ecz6GML.jpg

12 hours ago, Striving for more said:

@Leo Gura I'm reading think & grow rich & I think this book is more stage yellow / turquoise

It's talks a lot about spiritual concepts, visualization, energy & the power of faith. 

I'd qualify that one more as an Orange/Green book.

Don't confuse Green's spiritual/woo-woo/New-Age concepts with Turquoise.

I'm going to permanently avoid spiral dynamics as I find it is too toxic & lumps unique things & people into categories. I don't like it. 

Why? It's stupid af.

Of course, the map's not the territory and it's just a model.But it's a pretty damn accurate model that can imo really change the world.

The people behind that shit dedicated their WHOLE fucking lives to put that information out there.Years of research and shit.So don't take it for granted.

Hearing that a great book is "stage blue" just makes me feel guilty about reading it. 

I feel ya, no one dislikes Blue more that I do bro.But the thing is that every stage is necessary/has valuable elements to it and Blue is not an exemption.The lessons of each stage gets integrated into the next one.

So without Blue there's no Orange, Green, Yellow etc.

Edited by Evil Raccoon

I'm not friendly.

10 hours ago, Preety_India said:

I never understood why people demonize Blue. 

Because Blue is too uptight and conformist and from an Orange (and beyond) perspective it's annoying af.

I'm not friendly.

10 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

@Evil Raccoon don't overlook positive aspects of Blue though 

Don't be too avoidant of Orange though

I'm not friendly.

Just now, Evil Raccoon said:

Don't be too avoidant of Orange though

I've been Orange all my life. Now I'm Green. 

INFJ-T,ptsd,BPD, autism, anger issues

Cleared out ignore list today. 

8 minutes ago, Preety_India said:

I've been Orange all my life. Now I'm Green. 

Awesome!

I personally think I might be more Green in future but I definitely won't make it to Tier 2 in this lifetime.I'm just not ready for that.

Right now I'm all about Orange.Maybe I'm pyshisiologically doomed to be that way? 

I'm not friendly.

7 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

Awesome!

I personally think I might be more Green in future but I definitely won't make it to Tier 2 in this lifetime.I'm just not ready for that.

Right now I'm all about Orange.Maybe I'm pyshisiologically doomed to be that way? 

How old are you? Why do you think you cant move up?

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF. Israelis here? Let me know!

11 hours ago, Nivsch said:

How old are you? Why do you think you cant move up?

I'm 25.

Because I honestly don't want to.I don't see the point of it.I don't feel the need to do it.

Had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started that whole self-actualization stuff, thought it was just ordinary self-help.

+ Letting go of my material attachements is too much of a pain in the ass.

I'm not friendly.

29 minutes ago, Evil Raccoon said:

Letting go of my material attachements is too much of a pain in the ass.

But you will die so that will happen anyway :) 

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

12 minutes ago, Carl-Richard said:

But you will die so that will happen anyway :) 

Right now I'm alive.

I'm not friendly.

7 minutes ago, Evil Raccoon said:

Right now I'm alive.

Accepting death in the moment is both the ultimate short-term and long-term solution for your life. You remove all fear both from the present moment and the last moment of your life :)

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

2 hours ago, Evil Raccoon said:

I'm 25.

Because I honestly don't want to.I don't see the point of it.I don't feel the need to do it.

Bro, just stay on the path and you will move up sooner or later. You don't have to push yourself, it just comes naturally. No need to think about what is in yellow or turquoise. Feel into yourself what you want, where you feel drawn to - that is what you do right now.

That being said, ime introspection in daily contemplation through journaling and daily meditation bring you to 2nd tier. Oh, psychedelics are also good.

Edited by Loving Radiance

Life Purpose journey

Presence. Goodness. Grace. Love.

On 1/24/2021 at 4:26 AM, Raphael said:

This one is orange. It's all about the self, individuality, and personal responsibility.

91V6ecz6GML.jpg

Nah... I'd argue that the first pillar is pretty higher than orange.. Talks about consciousness a bit and asking questions to be more conscious/self-aware. 

I read that book a few weeks ago. 

In some context it is orange from a shallow perspective but for the most part this is deeper. Depends on the perspective of the reader and other prior knowledge to see the depth of this book. 

Speak of children with shotguns...

This is about green making fun of orange ideas. 

Orange ideal world view. 

36 minutes ago, Ethan1 said:

Nah... I'd argue that the first pillar is pretty higher than orange.. Talks about consciousness a bit and asking questions to be more conscious/self-aware. 

I read that book a few weeks ago. 

In some context it is orange from a shallow perspective but for the most part this is deeper. Depends on the perspective of the reader and other prior knowledge to see the depth of this book. 

I finished reading it for the second time two days ago. It cannot be only orange, and it is not, it also has elements of blue and green in it, but it is still mostly orange.

The terms consciousness, self-acceptance, self-responsibility, self-assertiveness, purpose, and integrity exists at almost all stages (maybe not below blue), but are interpreted differently depending on the spiral development of the individual.

The book also contains critics of statements such as: "The mind is powerless to know reality as it really is; ultimately, mind is impotent", "The senses are unreliable and untrustworthy; everything is an illusion", "Principles of logic are mere conventions". Some of the critics do have some kernels of true, but when the author make these critics he is not aware that there is something beyond to mind to integrate.