egoless

Zen Buddhist converts to Christianity

170 posts in this topic

Experienced zen master converts to Christianity. Very powerful testimony. Don’t prejudge. 

Edited by egoless

Interesting! You almost never hear storys like this, thanks for sharing. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

Bible says, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." Christianity insist on “service” and charity, and loving thy neighbor. 

Meditation is a selfish phenomenon, meditation means just enjoying your aloneness, forgetting the whole world and just enjoying yourself.  Meditation gives a feeling of guilt , when the whole world is so troubled, when people are so poor, when people are dying of starvation, when people are suffering from diseases, you are meditating. You must be utterly selfish. First help the poor, first help the people who are suffering from diseases, first help everybody else. 

Jesus helped the blind, gave them eyes, turned stones into bread to serve the poor, even raised the dead back to life. His whole life was one of service to the poor.

I've never heard something so stupid to be so convincing. :D

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

1 minute ago, Prabhaker said:

Bible says, "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends." Christianity insist on “service” and charity, and loving thy neighbor. 

Meditation is a selfish phenomenon, meditation means just enjoying your aloneness, forgetting the whole world and just enjoying yourself.  Meditation gives a feeling of guilt , when the whole world is so troubled, when people are so poor, when people are dying of starvation, when people are suffering from diseases, you are meditating. You must be utterly selfish. First help the poor, first help the people who are suffering from diseases, first help everybody else. 

Jesus helped the blind, gave them eyes, turned stones into bread to serve the poor, even raised the dead back to life. His whole life was one of service to the poor.

What is suffering going to help? You think your suffering would help anyone? Lol. An action would solve something. If you are troubled with your troubles, its unlikely you would help anyone else but if you are free of them, you are more king and loving. Its just maths

You split for a month too?  Like Leo.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Salvijus I did not hear anything stupid there... maybe it’s better if you are more specific on what you mean? 

@Prabhaker Christ was all about love and kindness. Meditation can be the form of escapism. Some scientists found out that it is also addictive due to the released endorphins in the brain and relaxation. It has great potential to become the form of escapism. 

Edited by egoless

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You split for a month too?  Like Leo.

Yes Joseph. I was out for my own investigation and I found what I was looking for. 

7 minutes ago, Salvijus said:

I've never heard something so stupid to be so convincing. :D

You are great in delivering one-liners, lol :) 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

His whole life is chasing stories. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

9 minutes ago, egoless said:

Yes Joseph. I was out for my own investigation and I found what I was looking for. 

Oh good.  I’m glad.  I was concerned about where you were.

6 minutes ago, Harikrishnan said:

His whole life is chasing stories. 

It’s not. He just mentions his source of initial interest in those religions. But if you listen to his other videos he very profoundly, with the proofs explains why meditation may become the form of self deception. 

Edited by egoless

@Ether

Mother Teresa helped thousands - sick, poor  and orphans. She never meditated. Love and prayer also brings serenity and contentment. Meditation is not the only path.

20 minutes ago, egoless said:

Meditation can be the form of escapism.

Buddha renounced his kingdom, left his wife and one day old son. He was only son of his old father. His family suffered tremendously and he enjoyed meditation.

2 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

Buddha renounced his kingdom, left his wife and one day old son. He was only son of his old father. His family suffered tremendously and he enjoyed meditation.

Was that heroic or stupid you think? 

Also, is this heroic or stupid? 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

5 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

While Jesus was tortured and crusified for the sins of the whole humanity and he knew that would happen in advance. 

Edited by egoless

1 minute ago, MarkusSweden said:

Was that heroic or stupid you think? 

It was utterly stupid!

When Buddha returns to his home after his enlightenment; 

He saw his wife. Certainly Yashodhara was mad! This man escaped one night without even saying anything to her.

She said to Buddha, ‘Couldn’t you have trusted me? You could have said that you wanted to go, and I would have been the last woman in the world to prevent you. Couldn’t you have trusted me even that much?’ And she was crying. Twelve years of anger! And this man had escaped like a thief in the middle of the night – suddenly, without giving a single hint to her.

Buddha apologized and he said, ‘It was out of non-understanding. I was ignorant, I was not aware.'

Rabindranath has written a poem about this incident when Buddha comes.

Yashodhara asked him one thing. ‘Just tell me one thing,’ she said. ‘Whatever you have attained… I can see you have attained, whatsoever it is. I don’t know what it is – just tell me one thing: was it not possible to attain it here in this house?’ And Buddha could not say no. It was possible to attain it here in this house. Now he knew. Because it has nothing to do with forest or with town, with family or with ashram – it has nothing to do with any place; it has something to do with your innermost core. It is available everywhere.

Where there is even a subtle hint of fear one will seek psychological security in an idea (religion) 

In this one is subtly escaping the fact (fear) 

to the idea it’s opposite (no fear)

To escape, seek strength, and any other form of positive movement is still a movement of fear/thought.

Seems to be that one seeks security in that which thought has put together, (tradition, cultural knowledge), but that stream of thought is the very mechanism that caused the fear and insecurity in the first place. 

Due to the dualistic nature of thought, one becomes insecure and then seeks to find order  in that very problematic mechanism that created disorder in the first place. No matter what this implies dualistic/positive action, and therefore fragmented/self centered....Action determined by ones own fears, desire, and seeking of pleasure. As long as one is conforming to an idea to escape the fact this always implies fear/duality. Therefore all action in that direction will remain divisive, self centered, and implies the absence of LOVE/UNITY. 

Fear is very subtle. Do we see all the ways fear disguises itself as Love???

Unless we stop seeking the idea of love through the defensive nature of THOUGHT, and end what prevents love from flowering actually in ourselves (duality), fear will continue to manifest such hypocrisy in action. 

If we continue to seek psychological security in the very phenomenon that causes psychological insecurity we will continue to live contradictory lives. Blind to our own movement/action. 

Edited by Faceless

7 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

It was utterly stupid!

When Buddha returns to his home after his enlightenment; 

He saw his wife. Certainly Yashodhara was mad! This man escaped one night without even saying anything to her.

She said to Buddha, ‘Couldn’t you have trusted me? You could have said that you wanted to go, and I would have been the last woman in the world to prevent you. Couldn’t you have trusted me even that much?’ And she was crying. Twelve years of anger! And this man had escaped like a thief in the middle of the night – suddenly, without giving a single hint to her.

I'm not sure it was stupid. He had a subtle feeling that something special might come true through him. 

And those feelings can be very vulnerable, you better keep that to yourself, if he had to explain himself he might have killed that feeling and momentum. He had a greater course, and trusted that without looking back. 

Without that 'stupid' behaviour no buddhism today probably.

Edited by MarkusSweden

Isn't it so, yes or no?