egoless

Zen Buddhist converts to Christianity

170 posts in this topic

11 minutes ago, Faceless said:

Where there is even a subtle hint of fear one will seek psychological security in an idea (religion) 

In this one is subtly escaping the fact (fear) 

to the idea it’s opposite (no fear)

To escape, seek strength, and any other form of positive movement is still a movement of fear/thought.

Seems to be that one seeks security in that which thought has put together, (tradition, cultural knowledge), but that stream of thought is the very mechanism that caused the fear and insecurity in the first place. 

Due to the dualistic nature of thought, one becomes insecure and then seeks to find order  in that very problematic mechanism that created disorder in the first place. No matter what this implies dualistic/positive action, and therefore fragmented/self centered....Action determined by ones own fears, desire, and seeking of pleasure. As long as one is conforming to an idea to escape the fact this always implies fear/duality. Therefore all action in that direction will remain divisive, self centered, and implies the absence of LOVE/UNITY. 

Fear is very subtle. Do we see all the ways fear disguises itself as Love???

Unless we stop seeking the idea of love through the defensive nature of THOUGHT, and end what prevents love from flowering actually in ourselves (duality), fear will continue to manifest such hypocrisy in action. 

If we continue to seek psychological security in the very phenomenon that causes psychological insecurity we will continue to live contradictory lives. Blind to our own movement/action. 

It seems as though fear, being an escape from 'what is', can disguise itself as almost anything --- boredom, complacency, doubt, rationalization, desire. 

Edited by robdl

This thread is breaking the community guidelines

”Whats NOT allowed”

• Religious activism or dogmatic promotion of any religious belief system
  • Threads about which religion is the best”

Dont look at me! Look inside!

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

This thread is breaking the community guidelines

”Whats NOT allowed”

• Religious activism or dogmatic promotion of any religious belief system
  • Threads about which religion is the best”

Where did you see any of those? :) 

2 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Without that 'stupid' behaviour no buddhism today probably.

Buddha taught non-violence, even Hindus were influenced by him. Foreign civilizations attacked India. Foreigners never occupied India before Buddha. Even Alexander the great returned from the boundaries of India. 

14 minutes ago, egoless said:

While Jesus was tortured and crusified for the sins of the whole humanity and he knew that would happen in advance. 

lol, Jesus didn't die on the cross, you still believe that myth? He moved to Asia, and lived happy in India/Pakistan and died a natural death when he was about 115. He died in Kashmir. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

If you search with your whole heart you will learn in your direct experience that Christianity is not just a religion and belief system ;) and I suppose it will be much more profound than your nondual experiences

Just now, MarkusSweden said:

lol, Jesus didn't die on the cross, you still believe that myth? He moved to Asia, and lived happy in India/Pakistan and died a natural death when he was about 115. He died in Kashmir. 

That’s the biggest deception. The image of christ as nondual mystics like to create is totally false. There is 0 evidence of what you are saying. Investigate it yourself both historical and biblical sources and you will find out the Truth about Jesus. 

1 minute ago, MarkusSweden said:

Jesus didn't die on the cross

But he was tortured and crucified for the sins of the whole humanity ! 

10 minutes ago, robdl said:

It seems as though fear, being an escape from 'what is', can disguise itself as almost anything --- boredom, complacency, doubt, rationalization, desire. 

Indeed

Can I ask what your views are on religion? (If allowed) aimed at all of you...

3 minutes ago, Rilles said:

And? Did I do anything other than what others do on this forum while suggesting to meditate and experience “it” by themselves? :) 

@egolessYou can read the guidelines for yourself and decide

13 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Faceless with the respect to you I think you are projecting the image on this guy. You clearly don’t know his full story how he was a zen monk for 20 years and has mastered zen meditation. If you search with your whole heart you will learn in your direct experience that Christianity is not just a religion and belief system ;) and I suppose it will be much more profound than your nondual experiences

One must go much deeper into there own inner workings my friend. 

And maybe experience will cease to influence such confused/contradictory action. 

Edited by Faceless

1 minute ago, egoless said:

That’s the biggest deception. The image of christ as nondual mystics like to create is totally false. There is 0 evidence of what you are saying. Investigate it yourself both historical and biblical sources and you will find out the Truth about Jesus. 

Scientists, historians as well as theologians have examined all of Osho's teachings, and they didn't find one single piece of information that was wrong. I doubt they miss this story about jesus. 

My 2 cents are with Osho, no doubt. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

1 minute ago, Rilles said:

@egolessYou can read the guidelines for yourself and decide

I know them perfectly fine. It’s you who is pointing to nowhere :) 

Religion is not the root of the problem, thought/self is. 

Especially when the mind works and clings to its abstract tendencies.

Edited by Faceless

Good luck in your search to all of you. I shared the different viewpoint, the different perspective. Now it’s up to you to decide how attached you are to the nondual ideas. 

Most of you here know me and know that I was deeply practicing nonduality and that I am not speaking out of thin air. 

Edited by egoless

1 minute ago, MarkusSweden said:

Scientists, historians as well as theologians have examined all of Osho's teachings, and they didn't find one single piece of information that was wrong.

Osho once stated that it was possible to push objects around by will power alone (psychokinesis), and he published an article in his Neo-Sannyas Magazine about how this ability could be demonstrated.  Osho stated that one should take a bowl of water and pour a layer of cooking oil on top of the water, then place a metal pin on top of the oil and the oil would somehow make the metal pin float.  The next step was to concentrate on the pin with your mind and order the pin to move around the bowl like a little motorboat.  The first obvious problem with this experiment is that a metal pin will not float on either water or oil under normal conditions as steel is heavier than both water and oil. Adding oil to the water does not help the pin float.  The second and most important problem is that psychokinesis is not possible, and those pretending to have that capability have been exposed as frauds.  Osho never even tried the experiment himself, and this was just another example of him giving false teaching without caring if what he said was true.  For him, it was all about getting attention.

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

This is the typical lack of humbleness you find among people who sub consciously know they are wrong. 

Not sure he was exactly 115 when he died, but sources know he surpass 100 by many years. and that he moved to Kashmir is not debatable, it's a fact. 

Religious indoctrinations in the west says otherwise, don't go with deception. 

Isn't it so, yes or no? 

6 minutes ago, MarkusSweden said:

Scientists, historians as well as theologians have examined all of Osho's teachings, and they didn't find one single piece of information that was wrong.

Osho once claimed that the AIDS epidemic would kill three quarters of the world's population very soon.