Alex14

Why does the EGO even exist?

30 posts in this topic

Why did the ego mechanism appeared in the first place? Why did things started developing self preservation? Doesn’t a rock have ego?

To create stability in the hallucination you call life. It gives you the ability to survive. 

Without the ego, life doesn’t exist. If you experience ego death, you see why the egoic illusion occurs. To maintain order. When your ego is seen through, reality becomes chaotic. Extremely chaotic. Ego death is so deep. It feels like you wipe your memory. Both the short term and long term memory banks. All conceptualisation about yourself, your family/friends and what you believe life is disappears. You literally die. 

A rock is part of your ego. There is no rock! Really, a rock doesn’t exist. You create that conceptualisation. That concept is part of the reality you call life. When you break all them down it leads to nothing whatsoever! For you the rock actually comes to life in your mind. You create a link between that concept in your mind and a certain type of sight sensation. With in turn creates a duality between the “rock” and everything else. Hence, the ego is in full swing!

Edited by ROOBIO

6 hours ago, Alex14 said:

Why did the ego mechanism appeared in the first place?
Why did things started developing self preservation?

Why questions depend on the notion of cause and effect. That is a mechanism through which Ego manifests itself.
It is a duality that is broken once you start to spot circular reasoning in everyday situations.
We tend to dismiss such reasonings as 'invalid' and paradoxical, but that dismissal is a manifestation of Ego.
We tend to say that there is nothing to be done with such a circular reasoning and that is correct.

Once you see through Ego, there is no you to resist it.

6 hours ago, Alex14 said:

Doesn’t a rock have ego?

Ego has a rock by being different from it.

Edited by tsuki

Bearing with the conditioned in gentleness, fording the river with resolution, not neglecting what is distant, not regarding one's companions; thus one may manage to walk in the middle. H11L2

The Ego or the "I" imo is the Base personality. That is the personality devoid of taste(aesthetics) or SuperEgo(morality/herd instinct/Light&Dark).

In order for an overall clan to be stronger or more lethal, The Ego "I" is a fragmentation of mental processing. To give one component the I can be defined relative to others (ex INTP, Low Conscientiousness) or despite others ( ex ENTJ, High conscientiousness). There is also fragmentation expressed as the perception of time (neuroticism).

The why because, a superorganism as a collective entity is better able to overcome competing organisms or clans. How? because it can.

Everything is all an ego of it's own sort unless you're looking at it without a mind.

At that point ego never existed.

I suggest watch this

B R E A T H E

@Alex14 Imma drop some frikin wisdom from an awesome book I listened to recently! You ready?!

"The ego, from the perspective of the soul is viewed as a sacred womb for the soul to incubate in and expand, in the beginning stages of it's evolution."
- Matt Kahn, everything is here to help you

Follow me on Instagram for quantum and energetic healing.

10 different explanations. None proven. :D 

On 5/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, Alex14 said:

Why did the ego mechanism appeared in the first place?

Understand evolution and survival of the fittest and you will understand why we wanna survive.

The road to God is paved with bliss.

@Nahm Take 2 animals, one that has an ego, tries to stay alive and fuck as many bitches as possible no matter how many toes it steps on, and one that doesn't have an ego, that doesn't worry about constantly expanding. The first one will get lots of kids and rape the neighbouring tribes and the second one will live a happy life but not have as many kids or resourses or it gets killed and raped by the egotistic animal. 

Repeat this process a few generation and the egotistical bloodline will outnumber the enlightened ones. We evolved from the egotistical ones.

Have i understood your question correctly?

The road to God is paved with bliss.

ego is a survival instinct tool. If we were enlightened by default we would let ourself (body)die.

On 5/11/2018 at 4:55 PM, Moreira said:

ego is a survival instinct tool. If we were enlightened by default we would let ourself (body)die.

We are enlightened by default but our perception makes us see duality and miss the whole thing. 

Family, kids and enlightenment goes great togheter ?