Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

@BuddhaTree

5 hours ago, BuddhaTree said:

I also do parvastha being meditation from kriya yoga exposed. It is entirely different from concentration on bhrumadhya, which I used to do.

It matters very much. Concentration on bhrumadhya is the mind focusing on an object of meditation, which reinforces duality. Just being meditation is objectless meditation, which dissolves duality.

It's like the night and day. Improving your concentration on bhrumadhya/3rd eye will not lead you anywhere. Improving your ability to remain as objectless beingness and you are dissolving the ego-mind (the outcome of which is enlightenment).

I think having a good baseline level of concentration is good for beginners. It helps to be focused and concentrated while doing your yoga routine. If you just practice paravastha right off the bat, without any prior experience, it will just lead to lots of monkey mind.

Edited by onacloudynight

oh shit, I think I saw Kutastha. I waited with posting this because I wanted to be sure (I'm still doubting it:$) it happened some days ago, during maha mudra I saw that usual blue light. suddenly I saw a white star. it was a bit blurry, but definitely there. 

it continued to reappear the last couple of days, sometimes very vague, sometimes sharper. I still wonder if I'm only imagining it..

but it's mostly a withe/gold star on dark background, no ring. 

I tripped on MDMA a few days ago (I'll probably write trip report, it was a very deep, spiritual experience for me..very underrated substance..) and I think that triggered something. the day after I did a 'normal' meditation (no Kriya, as I felt too much energy flowing through me) and suddenly that star appeared very clearly. extremely sharp: white star on blue background. I was very overwhelmed and felt my whole body tingling pleasantly. 

anyone having similar experiences?

whatever arises, love that

@Leo Gura you talked about a lot of the things real yoga can really help with and even potentially cure. One of those things in you said in your “Importance of Real Yoga” video was ADHD. 

I want to preface that I was diagnosed with ADHD and even had brain testing back when I was getting diagnosed as a kid. So I wasn’t one of those kids that was just put on a stimulant because I couldn’t sit still in class. Back in January though I successfully I got off 17 years of ADHD medication (along with 5 other psych meds I was on). As expected though of course, I REALLY need to find an alternative because now I’m just left with an unfocused mind that’s actually deteriorated that now doesn’t have the crutch (the adhd medication) anymore. 

To start, I just want to know if you really think that this is something that will help someone in my position.

I have the J.C. Stevens book and have been doing the first intro routine of Nadhi Sodhana, Ujjayi, followed by the Concentration but given my extremeley poor focus I feel like such a short 10 minute practice daily is never going to get me anywhere (this applies to all concentrative meditation exercises for that matter). I also feel like it’s going to take forever to move onto further stages of yoga because of this challenge and also because my sessions are so short. 

My ADHD has always been such an incredible challenge for me and especially now. In the last few months I’ve gotten into 3 (small) car accidents from me not paying attention to something, to studying and doing general work being impossible to concentrate on, losing and forgetting shit, etc. 

What are your thoughts? 

Edited by kieranperez
Left some stuff out

@kieranperez Test and see. Should be promising.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I have a lot of anger issues recently and i even decreased the intensity of the practice by pulling the energy to medulla only, will this pass or integrate somehow?

im recently becoming extremely conscious of how much of an egotistical, lazy, terrible person I am, maybe thats why, i dunno

@kieranperez I'd also check out the other books on Kriya from Leo's booklist. The simpler techniques (but equally as powerful) given in those might be more suitable for you.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Leo Gura Do you practice Gamanas upgraded version of Kriya Pranayama? If so, is a long time of pranayama practice necessary for the upgrade as gamana says or can I just implement it in my routine from the book?

@kieranperez

18 hours ago, kieranperez said:

@Leo Gura you talked about a lot of the things real yoga can really help with and even potentially cure. One of those things in you said in your “Importance of Real Yoga” video was ADHD. 

I want to preface that I was diagnosed with ADHD and even had brain testing back when I was getting diagnosed as a kid. So I wasn’t one of those kids that was just put on a stimulant because I couldn’t sit still in class. Back in January though I successfully I got off 17 years of ADHD medication (along with 5 other psych meds I was on). As expected though of course, I REALLY need to find an alternative because now I’m just left with an unfocused mind that’s actually deteriorated that now doesn’t have the crutch (the adhd medication) anymore. 

To start, I just want to know if you really think that this is something that will help someone in my position.

I have the J.C. Stevens book and have been doing the first intro routine of Nadhi Sodhana, Ujjayi, followed by the Concentration but given my extremeley poor focus I feel like such a short 10 minute practice daily is never going to get me anywhere (this applies to all concentrative meditation exercises for that matter). I also feel like it’s going to take forever to move onto further stages of yoga because of this challenge and also because my sessions are so short. 

My ADHD has always been such an incredible challenge for me and especially now. In the last few months I’ve gotten into 3 (small) car accidents from me not paying attention to something, to studying and doing general work being impossible to concentrate on, losing and forgetting shit, etc. 

What are your thoughts? 

Mate, you can't cure your ADHD if you don't remove its cause... 

Would you not agree the ADHD dis-ease symptomologies you're experiencing is largely physically-based (i.e. directly related to the condition of your body's nervous system)?

As a therapeutic treatment, Kriya Yoga can certainly help.

Will it cure your ADHD? Absolutely not. How can simple breathing exercises and mudras, decidedly for spiritual growth, miraculously cure your physical body? Cause and effect... It's not a remedy intended to cure ADHD, or any dis-ease for that matter. For that, you would need a highly effective and holistic remedy which is intended to cure dis-eases, would you not agree?

17 years of pharmaceutical chemicals can't do that either (as I'm sure you've already discovered) because they're only intended to treat (suppress), not cure. By definition, curing dis-eases does not exist in the allopathic framework.

Now that doesn't mean a physically-based remedy won't work, you just need to find one that actually works (something that no longer suppresses, but actually regenerates the body's weakened tissues)...

What can you do?

Dr. Robert Morse, N.D. my friend. Look up your issue and any questions you have in rawfigs.com, and watch his videos on YouTube. The protocol video is a must. Please don't take offense to this, but ADHD is curable in 1-3 years easy with a proper detoxification and regeneration protocol. The cause of your problem is an impure body, which causes an impure mind. This a fact you can verify for yourself if you decide to open this door and go through it. Health is simple. Go after it. You're too young to be suffering chronically on the physical level. Your body is your car in this creation, and whenever you're experiencing any dis-eases, it's simply the body's signal that we are living a lifestyle which is incompatible with our body. These are like the warning signals on the dashboard of your car. You don't want to be stuck in a run-down car for the rest of your days, especially considering where you're currently headed with your already damaged nervous system at so young. If we don't change what we're doing, we can only expect to see more of what we're already getting: worsening of nervous-system-related dis-eases (i.e. M.S., Fibromyalgia, etc., can be expected if we continue business-as-usual in your case).

You can cure your dis-eases by removing the physical cause: the "impurities" in your body. How? By cleaning your body (removing the physical obstructions) so that it can naturally heal itself, just as it always does without even thinking about it when you get a paper cut. Read into these words and feel the truth of them in your heart. Take back your health into your own hands. The knowledge here has the capacity to heal 99% of man's modern-lifestyle-related dis-eases, by addressing the lifestyle itself. If you are ready spiritually, get excited, because this is exactly the knowledge you and man so desperately need. Notice I said 1-3 years, however. That's because this is NOT a gimmick. It simply allows the body to do what it already can do: heal. And it's a permanent solution at that.

Cheers my friend, go after you health, take it back into your own hands, is it not time to test an idea whose time as come? ;)

Edited by ppfeiff

13 minutes ago, ppfeiff said:

Will it cure your ADHD? Absolutely not. How can simple breathing exercises and mudras, decidedly for spiritual growth, miraculously cure your physical body? Cause and effect...

Don't be so materialist.

You've no idea yet what yoga can cure.

Ain't so such thing as a "physical body" or "cause and effect".

Most diseases are self-created by improper use of the mind.

3 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Don't be so materialist.

You've no idea yet what yoga can cure.

Ain't so such thing as a "physical body" or "cause and effect".

Most diseases are self-created by improper use of the mind.

@Leo Gura You said it well, the prana must be governed by the mind to the most subtle detail, then the well to the infinite is really dug open, and it can flow through your body as well.

@Leo Gura I don't know why you're defending Yoga when it comes to curing a man's ADHD which he's been battling with for 17 years... As I said, Yoga can be a great treatment for physical ailments, and it may be a tremendous practice for growing spiritually.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here Leo and defend Yoga for results it simply is not intended to produce. I actually think it's a bit irresponsible to claim that a treatment has the capacity to cure, when by definition, treatments cannot do that.

Do you really believe you can reverse dis-eases by simply changing your mind about it? Improper use of the mind is in a sense the cause of dis-eases, because it can keep us in negative behavior patterns (i.e. chronically eating junk food).

This advice is like telling an obese diabetic he can cure his issues by simply practicing Yoga each morning, without ever asking what is he putting into this mouth? Sure, he may feel better, and maybe some of his symptomologies will even improve in a measurable way as a result of Yoga, but his issues will generally always remain so long as his toxic lifestyle remains the same.

You could argue that perhaps because of the Yoga he's becoming more conscious, and he can finally connect the dots between how his lifestyle directly impacts his body's health. So he then changes his diet, and as a consequence, loses the weight and is no longer diabetic.  Yes I agree Yoga "caused" the changed in a sense, but still, he was obese and diabetic until after he changed his lifestyle consistently (i.e. what he eats).

I don't know what else to say about it. You're assuming that I'm being too materialist, and it's an incorrect assumption at that. Please double check that you're not deluding yourself here. Can we agree you'd still be dis-eased (obese and with acne) if you didn't change your lifestyle, more specifically, focused on dietary changes?

Edited by ppfeiff

@ppfeiff I am saying it's possible to cure even things like cancer using the mind. Not always, but possible. Because your mind controls your immune system.

But this is something you're not going to understand at your current level of consciousness. Because you still believe in a physical reality.

The healing arts are a deep topic which takes years of study and practice to really fathom. And it takes a very open mind. There is a deep mystical component to healing, above and beyond the psychological and "physical" aspects.

Stuff like ADHD is definitely a good candidate for yogic healing. No guarantees, but worth a shot. Obviously the psychological and physical aspects should also be looked after. If you're eating bad food, that could be an important factor. But then again, yoga will purify your mind and chakras so much that you should automatically want to start eating healthier.

@Leo Gura It may appear to be possible, but even something such as cancer has a physical cause. And ultimately it needs to be addressed on a physical level. In that case, perhaps the body was able to eliminate the damaged cells because of better thinking--I agree that the mind plays a powerful role in healing, but I'm not deluded to say that the mind is the only role in healing.

Again, you make assumptions. The reality is, you don't know what my level of consciousness is at. Nor do I of you. Sure, maybe you're more conscious, great, but even enlightened people still struggle with health issues because they never address the root cause: their lifestyle (i.e. Mooji struggles with his health and weight).

You can experiment and play mind games all you like with Yoga. But I guarantee you, a proper detoxification and regeneration protocol will heal your body completely and longterm in a way treatments cannot. I've seen it in the few I've coached personally, and in others who coached literally 1000's using the same principles as well with their people.

Dr. Morse doesn't believe in physical reality either by the way. Who said I did too? :P I'd say, if I could, he may be even more conscious then you Mr. Enlightened one ;)

Haha, just having some fun here. Seriously though, I do wonder if Dr. Morse is enlightened? Just listen to the way he speaks and see the aura and feel the energy he gives off in person.

Edited by ppfeiff

@ppfeiff I never said anything against improving one's lifestyle, diet, etc. Those are actually all a function of how one uses one's mind.

Nor did I say that the mind is the only role in healing. I said "most", not all.

You're the one making assumptions.

The way you speak about the "physical" clearly tells me that you believe in physical reality. Otherwise you wouldn't be saying such things. So your level of consciousness is no secret to me.

@Leo Gura Totally. Our thoughts create reality, big time.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Leo Gura I agree, your level of consciousness dictates your lifestyle. That's precisely what I said with the analogy of the obese diabetic who practices Yoga, becomes more conscious, and sees how his past lifestyle led to his issues (or how his past level of consciousness led to his past lifestyle) and made necessary course adjustments. Maybe I did make an assumption about what you said, and for that, I do apologize if I did so.

“Your diet is directly related to your state of consciousness.” 
—Dr. Robert Morse, N.D., Welcome New People - Q&A 327 - Ankylosing Spondylitis, MS, Cancer (0:57:21)

Edited by ppfeiff

Ego is tricky indeed.

Edited by ppfeiff

Need some advice for my practice routine. Been doing kriya for one month. Should I start doing my first kriya initiation? 

8 (sometimes 12)x nadi sodhana

8 (sometimes 10) x Ujjayi pranayama

10 talabya kriya (10 tongue raises , 1 stretch ) 

3  rounds of om japa out loud, 3 other round mentally

15 minutes of concentration on medulla and trying to focus at the same time my inner vision from medulla to the point between the eyebrows.

usually it takes about 25-30 minutes. most days I do this twice some times 3 times and when I don't have the time I do it once a day. 

Edited by Iorga Camil
gramatical

it's been 3 days in a row now that I just haven't been able to go through my Kriya routine smoothly. I was interrupted by very emotional thought stories, mostly monologues about my past, traumata and my own toxic patterns and projections. all of that touched me that deeply, that I started crying. today it was so intense, I just couldn't stop crying. 

anyone having the same experience? 

how should I move through this?

I'm not complaining, I feel like this is a sign that it's working... stuff being resolved <3 but how should I manage those emotional outbreaks? should I just try to go on with Kriya, stumbling and forcing myself through the exercises and trying to not engage in my thoughts?

or should I interrupt Kriya and focus on my thoughts, emotions and the crying?

thank you in advance <3

whatever arises, love that

37 minutes ago, phoenix666 said:

it's been 3 days in a row now that I just haven't been able to go through my Kriya routine smoothly. I was interrupted by very emotional thought stories, mostly monologues about my past, traumata and my own toxic patterns and projections. all of that touched me that deeply, that I started crying. today it was so intense, I just couldn't stop crying. 

anyone having the same experience? 

how should I move through this?

I'm not complaining, I feel like this is a sign that it's working... stuff being resolved <3 but how should I manage those emotional outbreaks? should I just try to go on with Kriya, stumbling and forcing myself through the exercises and trying to not engage in my thoughts?

or should I interrupt Kriya and focus on my thoughts, emotions and the crying?

thank you in advance <3

what i'd do is continue the practice, ignoring the thoughts. though if the crying is uncontrollable continue doing the practice while crying (even if the breaths are not going smoothly, just to finish the routine).

After the practice I would reflect on what happened during and let it out.