Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

I am having trouble adding time , so I'm considering doing this twice a day 

wake up early do kriya routine 45 minutes 

take a 15 minute break 

sit down and do routine again 45 minutes

if you were to do the routine twice a day would you do the same kriyas?

@herghly Sounds to mechanical and intense. Don't be so focused on the outcome. I guess a longer break between the sessions would be more appropriate.

What's the difference between a duck?

yep,  then if im doing it morning and night do i do the same routine?

16 hours ago, herghly said:

yep,  then if im doing it morning and night do i do the same routine?

Yes, or a different routine if you want.

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

Are there any dangers in skipping yoga days ? if I cant practice at all for 3 days is that going to affect me in some way ?

i think i will drop the kriya routine for a few reasons:

1. I feel dread in the mornings when i think i should do the practice. it makes it harder to wake up and if i feel that it means something's up.
  2. ive been doing the kriya for 2 months without missing a single day and my concentration session is as poor as it was the first day, i cant concentrate for 5 minutes, and especially on a space im not sure about the location of. also i didnt notice any noteworthy results whatsoever.
  3. i have a feeling like im half assing the routine but i have no idea how to improve. im trying my best but i still get lost in thought a lot throughout the sessions and im doing the techniques automatically. i don't think i do the techniques well enough as they should be done, even after 2 months.
  4. there is too much conflicting information, and since the book doesnt describe the techniques properly, i dont know what variations to do. i dont have the intuitive capabilities required (inner guru) to decide.

maybe the practice is not for everyone, maybe ill come back to it once i will mature.

@Viking I think it's best to try as a last resort a guru somewhere , or maybe a kriya retreat for a few days and see how that works before quitting and moving on the something else.

@Viking

Listen. Yoga is a practise, you Will not do it properly the first time. But after a few months or years you get the hang of it and it Will become second nature. 

Two months is way too early to quit i believe.

i also have sessions when i half ass yoga but i remind myself to always get better and better and i always keep my faith in that it Will be worth it.

Because i belive there is some great golden nugget Hidden in this practise. Eventually Ill find out what ;)

i say keep at it for at least 6 months, i have been practising for 3 months now so i understand your consern

3 hours ago, Iorga Camil said:

@Viking I think it's best to try as a last resort a guru somewhere , or maybe a kriya retreat for a few days and see how that works before quitting and moving on the something else.

there are barely any proper kriya gurus, most are bad, and especially in my area.

@Paan @okulele ill try doing the practice daily until christmas, but how will i know that it works and im not just wasting a hour out of my morning every morning? will I see some lights/feelings/whatever? what I feel like will happen is in 6 months the practice will be exactly the same and nothing will occur.

@Viking I have been practicing Kriya according to "Kriya Yoga Exposed" by SantataGamana for about a month. Either it is a coincidence or it is really working, because my awareness has never been as sharp and consistent as it is now. The main point he stresses is changing the final concentration for "being aware of being aware".  When I do that final practice/non-practice, I get very deep and it tends to stay with me effortlessly for some time afterwards.

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

5 minutes ago, okulele said:

@Viking I have been practicing Kriya according to "Kriya Yoga Exposed" by SantataGamana for about a month. Either it is a coincidence or it is really working, because my awareness has never been as sharp and consistent as it is now. The main point he stresses is changing the final concentration for "being aware of being aware".  When I do that final practice/non-practice, I get very deep and it tends to stay with me effortlessly for some time afterwards.

isnt it a book that talks about different schools of yoga, and not much techniques are presented? I know theres this another book which has "distilled" techniques as leo put it.

What kind of kriya do you do? When I started doing kriya I saw results after first time of doing it.

@Salvijus if you were talking to me, I do according to the kriya secrets book, mainly mahamudra and pranayama

It's possible that you're doing kriya witch is highly focused on enlightenment. In that case, it will take a bit longer then 2months to see the results. It can definitely feel like nothing is happening but one day something will burst open. That would be nice.

But if you want quick results try to look for kriya that is designed for happiness ir smth.

Edited by Salvijus

@Salvijus i see, what kriya practices do you consider "for happiness'? and where do i learn them? and what is precisely "happiness"?

thanks for showing me it this way, maybe it is an exponential process

Edited by Viking

4 minutes ago, Viking said:

@Salvijus i see, what kriya practices do you consider "for happiness'? and where do i learn them? and what is precisely "happiness"?

There are techniques in the kriya yoga exposed! Give that book a chance because it supposed to give the most simple explination of the techniques. 

And you have NOT wasted two months! You have practiced dicipline so well! Nothing is lost! This is a part of your journey. Trust the process. 

And if you try the techniques from the yoga exposed and you feel the same when christmas comes you can change. 

In short... read the book. Forget about any results and do it until christmas. Then you can reevalute. Expectations needs to be dropped no matter what technique we do wheter yoga or meditation. 

Love