Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Viking said:

@Salvijus i see, what kriya practices do you consider "for happiness'? and where do i learn them? and what is precisely "happiness"?

thanks for showing me it this way, maybe it is an exponential process

Well I assumed that book of yours offers a range of practices with different benefits. 

There's so many things that you can explore with kriya. Reaching samadhi is just one of meny. And it will take time ofcourse, as expected.

Simplest use of kriya yoga would be to create wellbeing or health or balance and stuff. Those things are easily achievable if you know the right practice. 

Well I'm aware now only of one such kriya called shambhavi mahamudra designed by sadhguru witch I practice for 4months now and it worked for me from day one. 

But I'm sure there are many practices you can find that create pleasentness for yourself. From different gurus or books.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

@Salvijus i see, what kriya practices do you consider "for happiness'? 

Well shambhavi is designed in such a way that it alters your basic chemistry into pleasent, happy state. According to sadhguru you can take blood test after a few weeks of practice and see the changes in blood.

So ultimalty every experience that you have has a chemical basis to it. If you feel depression there's one kind of chemistry in the blood. If you feel angry there's another kind of chemistry, happy again another kind of chemistry. So shambhavi is a kriya to create chemistry of blissfulness.

I'm not telling you to do shambhavi. But you can look for something like that. I heard many people on this forum find all kinds of weird guru's who initiatiate them into from I heard powerful processes. :)

Edited by Salvijus

Those you do not forgive you fear. 

@Salvijus wow thanks, i didnt know that, I think ill try to add shambhavi, but first ill see how it fits.

what do you guys think about kechari mudra? should it be used? what's the point of it? is there any danger in increasing the length of the tongue?

45 minutes ago, Viking said:

what do you guys think about kechari mudra? should it be used? what's the point of it? is there any danger in increasing the length of the tongue?

Its an important mudra because it closes off the energy gate at vishuddha. If you do full kechari Mudra and easy pose you will not lose any prana and thus be immortal. KM stimulated the pituitary gland and the top of the spine.

There is little danger other than pain from overstretching .

If you can do it , do it otherwise use limited kechari mudra

12 hours ago, YogiLogan said:

Its an important mudra because it closes off the energy gate at vishuddha. If you do full kechari Mudra and easy pose you will not lose any prana and thus be immortal. KM stimulated the pituitary gland and the top of the spine.

what do you mean by immortal and why does it help?

why do i need to stimulate the pituitary gland and the top of the spine? and what do you mean by "stimulate"?

why do I lose prana? isnt it infinite? do I lose prana through the throat?

9 hours ago, Viking said:

what do you mean by immortal and why does it help?

why do i need to stimulate the pituitary gland and the top of the spine? and what do you mean by "stimulate"?

why do I lose prana? isnt it infinite? do I lose prana through the throat?

1) you do not lose any prana and , while in that state, cannot naturally die. Conserving prana increases your time alive ,giving you more time to reach liberation.

2) The gland is asociated with hormones and can induce spiritual experiances. It is the physical gland of the anja chakra and when stimulated physically , mentally or spiritually may induce psychadellic effects..

3) prana is limited and when it runs out you die , according to yogic science. Prana is linked to the breath , breathing slow conserves prana while breathing fast wastes it. In yoga you have a finite number of breaths.

On page 81 of the book there is a diagram. Prana moves from the base chakra to the throat chakra and exits the body .

Hope it helps

In this video sadhguru says that learning yoga in a "non committed atmosphere" like from a book, classes, etc. does more harm than good and it by doing that one "misses the opportunity of touching other dimensions of life". What do you have to say about that?

All this yoga stuff for me runs on pure beliefs. I just believe that some spinal breathing will bring me some results. but here's a point from a yogi that I respect and believe most, which runs against this practice ive built up with beliefs. I cant make decisions on my own when regarding yoga because i dont know anything about it.

1 hour ago, Viking said:

In this video sadhguru says that learning yoga in a "non committed atmosphere" like from a book, classes, etc. does more harm than good and it by doing that one "misses the opportunity of touching other dimensions of life". What do you have to say about that?

All this yoga stuff for me runs on pure beliefs. I just believe that some spinal breathing will bring me some results. but here's a point from a yogi that I respect and believe most, which runs against this practice ive built up with beliefs. I cant make decisions on my own when regarding yoga because i dont know anything about it.

True , kriya is secret for a reason.

If your not going to commit to it for the rest of your life dont even start yoga.

A guru is good for most people who arent very serious, those who cant keep a simple 5 min meditation habit,  because he keeps the strong techniques back and keep the student going.

Have you heard about people opening their chakras and having scary experiances or being driven insane? This is what happens when yoga is half arsed. Those people need a guru.

7 hours ago, YogiLogan said:

True , kriya is secret for a reason.

If your not going to commit to it for the rest of your life dont even start yoga.

A guru is good for most people who arent very serious, those who cant keep a simple 5 min meditation habit,  because he keeps the strong techniques back and keep the student going.

Have you heard about people opening their chakras and having scary experiances or being driven insane? This is what happens when yoga is half arsed. Those people need a guru.

but what is considered half assing? how do i know if what im doing is good enough? i know i dont follow the rules "dont masturbate at all and if you have sex have sex only once every 2 weeks" which lahiri proposed. also my mahamudra is bad, because i cant extend fully my legs. 

@Leo Gura I can't seem to find the instructions to the 'Kriya Supreme Fire' technique you mentioned earlier. Can you help me with this ? 

@Viking i know what you're talking about man. I've been practicing for three months now and even tough i'm spiritually progressing, i don't see how this has to do with the Kriya practice. The only benefit i get is that i can do the slow breathing extremely slow now and that that grounds and relaxes me. It has been a challenging practice, at times waking up at 4:45 to be able to do an hour before going to work. I'm sticking with it for now tough. What does your current practice looks like at the moment ?  

@Mart nadi sodhana, ujjayi x6, kechari stretches x2 sets, mahamudra x3, om japa x6 silently, first kriya pranayama x12, 8 second breaths.

@Viking  

You don't need to be doing nadi, ujjayi and om japa. Start doing Yoni Mudra, kriya supreme fire and more pranayama. You aren't even doing potent kriyas yet

@Viking like the provious guy said, that’s not a very advanced routine. I currently do: nadi sodana & ujajay pranayama 3x, talabya kriya 5 sets, maha mudra 3x, navi kriya 4x, kp1 12x, kp2 12x, kp3 24x flollowed by concentration on bregma untill the hour is full or 6 rounds of slow mental kriya that makes for about 1:20/30. 

3 hours ago, Mart said:

@Leo Gura I can't seem to find the instructions to the 'Kriya Supreme Fire' technique you mentioned earlier. Can you help me with this ? 

Explained in Gamana's books. See my book list for details.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

12 hours ago, Viking said:

but what is considered half assing? how do i know if what im doing is good enough? i know i dont follow the rules "dont masturbate at all and if you have sex have sex only once every 2 weeks" which lahiri proposed. also my mahamudra is bad, because i cant extend fully my legs. 

Are you doing it every day?  At the same time ?

Are you doing it to your best ability ?

Are you focusing on each action and taking your time ?

If yes , your fine. Take your time moving through the techniques.

The rules are helpful , restraining your self has positive benefits but not vital and wont ruin your practice.

Why do some people freak out or get scared by doing yoga wrong? 

@Paan personally i freak out because there are no legit explanations what so ever to the reason of the techniques. just here are the practices, do them and something will happen. if you're openminded enough to do the techniques it means youre also openminded to the possibility of it fucking up your energy system or whatever so you will go apeshit crazy, psychotic, have nightmares, have extreme mood swings and a bunch of other shit.

the reason I say there are no legit explanations because the explanations that are given are talking in a language that i dont understand. like "energy", "channels" ,"chakras" im just supposed to believe if i concentrate on a chakra something will happen, there is no why, there is just "it will happen".

9 hours ago, Viking said:

"@Viking there is no why, there is just "it will happen".

Ta-dah, thats enlightement. Stop searching for a reason because there isnt one.

The universe just happend, consciousness just happend. There is no meaning to it, it just is.

You still have a way to go, be radically open minded and trust the proccess.

I am wondering if I am doing the spinal breathing KP1 properly...

I place awareness on my root chakra then slowly follow it up the spine to medulla as inhaling.  My query however is that in KSR book it mentions to visualise the energy rising up the spine as well.  I thought focus/awareness is seperate from visualising an image for example.  Am I supposed to be visualising an image of energy while I do it as well?  This seems too much to do at once if and wouldn't that then take the focus away?...bit confused.

Thanks!