Leo Gura

Kriya Yoga Mega-Thread

2,126 posts in this topic

Thanks , I might try that 

how long do you aim for with yoga ? 

My goal is to find a potent 60 minute routine and do that twice a day

@herghly Yeah, 60 mins is good. But it will end up longer than that pretty soon because you need to aim for 36x Pranayamas + 20 mins of breath of fire + 10 mins at least of concentration.

It will start to grow upwards of 90 mins in the end. But do it gradually, over time. 90 mins is tough.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You stress how important the pranayama is. When I do the spinal breathing I get a very intense response from my body - shaking, sweating, heat. Because of this I usually do only 3-6 repetitions. Is that normal and should I push myself to do more? What's your opinon?

Use the Prayer Swat Team!

@Viking Thanks for your input! I will try doing it through the "central channel".

6 hours ago, okulele said:

@Leo Gura When I do the spinal breathing I get a very intense response from my body - shaking, sweating, heat.

Isn't that the whole point?

Of course don't overdo it. Ramp it up gradually over weeks and months.

But 6 pranayama is really nothing. People do up to 72 or even 100+ pranayamas a day.

Most of you will need to do 10,000s of pranayamas to start seeing serious results. Some will need less, depending on your spiritual attunement.

@Leo Gura  Do you need to do pranayama if your mind is already really tranquil? Or is there another reason why I need to be doing it?

Everytime I start to do pranayama, I get about 3-4 rounds in and my breath is already really subtle, almost breathless, so I just naturally want to slide into meditation.

Edited by onacloudynight

@onacloudynight Then you can emphasize meditation more. But 3-4 rounds is really nothing. I recommend you do 12-24 rounds at least. The point of yoga is to move that prana up your spine. Open those chakras. Then you can meditate.

Otherwise, you're not really doing yoga, you're meditating. In which case just meditate and forget about yoga.

Yoga is not for everyone. For some people, meditation will be a better path. Find what works for you.

I have been doing kriya for 3 months now, and every time during the concentration my mind is very active and I get a strong urge to quit. I also get frustrated and sometimes even mad because I feel like this isn't supposed to happen. I have been meditating for 3 years and this is not normal for me. When I choose not to focus on medulla and just meditate my mind quiets down. I thought this was going to get better, but after 3 months I see no improvement. Looking from the back of the head to between the eyebrows is weird. My mind switches between focusing on medulla and different ways of looking from medulla. There are too many things to concentrate on at once. In the first month I could clearly feel medulla and bhrumadhya, but now I barely feel anything anymore. Is it okay to drop the visualization of looking from medulla? I feel like this is blocking my progress.

Also, while doing Om Japa, I can only ever feel two or three of my chakras. It's different each time. The root chakra I can feel very cearly. And the others, if I can feel them, it's very vague. Then in spinal breathing I can only feel the energy moving with some blind spots and no chakras. The first weeks there was some improvement but then nothing. The book says if you can't feel the chakras, return to Om Japa. Should I drop spinal breathing and just do Om Japa? I'm afraid it would take a very long time to feel the chakras. Does anyone know another helpful technique for becoming aware of the chakras?

10 hours ago, N8N said:

I have been doing kriya for 3 months now, and every time during the concentration my mind is very active and I get a strong urge to quit. I also get frustrated and sometimes even mad because I feel like this isn't supposed to happen. I have been meditating for 3 years and this is not normal for me. When I choose not to focus on medulla and just meditate my mind quiets down. I thought this was going to get better, but after 3 months I see no improvement. Looking from the back of the head to between the eyebrows is weird. My mind switches between focusing on medulla and different ways of looking from medulla. There are too many things to concentrate on at once. In the first month I could clearly feel medulla and bhrumadhya, but now I barely feel anything anymore. Is it okay to drop the visualization of looking from medulla? I feel like this is blocking my progress.

Also, while doing Om Japa, I can only ever feel two or three of my chakras. It's different each time. The root chakra I can feel very cearly. And the others, if I can feel them, it's very vague. Then in spinal breathing I can only feel the energy moving with some blind spots and no chakras. The first weeks there was some improvement but then nothing. The book says if you can't feel the chakras, return to Om Japa. Should I drop spinal breathing and just do Om Japa? I'm afraid it would take a very long time to feel the chakras. Does anyone know another helpful technique for becoming aware of the chakras?

Do not drop spinal breathing its very important. Did you locate the chakras previously? If you did then perfection will come with time.  The reason you feel the Root chakra is because all your energy is there. One goal of yoga is to move the energy up your spine so give the technique some time. Three months isn't long enough. ;)

You should also DO MORE CONCENTRATION and for longer. The difficulty highlights the need for more.

Have you watched leos video on concentration?

Wish you well 

Hey guys!

Have any of you experienced strange visions while doing Kriya? 

This morning i had my first vision, it was a bring vibrant light (similar to the sun maybe).

What do these vision mean? Any importance?

@herghly It means your practice is working.

But really try not to assign any meaning to these experiences. They are just experiences. Seeing a light is no different than seeing your hand. It's all in the meaning that you assign to it. Drop all meaning.

Edited by onacloudynight

@onacloudynight

thanks for the reply 

I am having  trouble with bandha's. Strange question, I have no idea whether or not i'm doing the perineum lock properly.

What are some mental cues?

@YogiLogan Thanks for the reply. I did locate the chakras. I always thought svadhisthana and manipura were a little higher than it said in the book. I can feel them all but never in the same session. Ironically, this morning I did, the day after posting that I couldn't. Very vague though. 

I remember watching Leo's concentration video a long time ago. Concentrating on something else is a lot easier than concentrating on muladhara while looking from the back of the skull. Maybe because these are two concentration objects? When I concentrate on looking, then the concentration and sensation on medulla drops and vice versa. It's confusing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I found that visualizing a thread or a laser going from the back of the head to the front is easier. That way I can feel medulla and bhrumadhya at the same time. Would this be a good idea?

5 hours ago, N8N said:

@YogiLogan Thanks for the reply. I did locate the chakras. I always thought svadhisthana and manipura were a little higher than it said in the book. I can feel them all but never in the same session. Ironically, this morning I did, the day after posting that I couldn't. Very vague though. 

I remember watching Leo's concentration video a long time ago. Concentrating on something else is a lot easier than concentrating on muladhara while looking from the back of the skull. Maybe because these are two concentration objects? When I concentrate on looking, then the concentration and sensation on medulla drops and vice versa. It's confusing. I feel like I'm doing something wrong.

I found that visualizing a thread or a laser going from the back of the head to the front is easier. That way I can feel medulla and bhrumadhya at the same time. Would this be a good idea?

Do What works for you.

Personally, I focus on a point in the center of the head and move my focus equally towards each point. Till an equal 'amount' of focus resides on them. Once you are accustomed to equally focusi g on them you know what to bring your mind back to.

Hope this makes sense.

12 hours ago, herghly said:

I have no idea whether or not i'm doing the perineum lock properly.

It's very simple. Just tighten your taint muscles like you're trying to hold your urine in. Tighten your butt hole too. Tighten that whole area and hold it tight. It will feel stressful.

Kriya exposed book suggests ending with paravasta, being meditation and the other book suggests ending with concentration meditation.

I've be trying them both out and I think i'll continue with paravasta. Which do you guys do ?

@herghly I do concentration. It doesn't really matter which you do. Do whichever one you resonate with you.

Edit: If you want you could do both. First do concentration to calm down your mind and then you can let go and surrender by doing paravastha.

Edited by onacloudynight

15 hours ago, herghly said:

Kriya exposed book suggests ending with paravasta, being meditation and the other book suggests ending with concentration meditation.

I've be trying them both out and I think i'll continue with paravasta. Which do you guys do ?

I also do parvastha being meditation from kriya yoga exposed. It is entirely different from concentration on bhrumadhya, which I used to do.

It matters very much. Concentration on bhrumadhya is the mind focusing on an object of meditation, which reinforces duality. Just being meditation is objectless meditation, which dissolves duality.

It's like the night and day. Improving your concentration on bhrumadhya/3rd eye will not lead you anywhere. Improving your ability to remain as objectless beingness and you are dissolving the ego-mind (the outcome of which is enlightenment).