Stephyk8

Women and enlightenment

42 posts in this topic

While studying enlightenment over the past 4 years, I have come to realize that a woman's point of view is markedly underrepresented. As a woman navigating this journey, I would love to find this perspective. Does anyone know of any female enlightened masters, sages, or gurus out there that I could research or contact? 

@Shin I love Teal Swan, her content is very interesting. Have you ever seen the collab she did with Matt Kahn?

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

I watched and listened to Teal Swan years ago.  At the time, she wasn't my cup of tea.  I suppose that I could go in again with an open mind just in case I'm missing something.  The other suggestions I have not heard of yet so thank you!

For anyone else following this, I also checked out Leo's book list.  There are a few books with female authors.  Two in the category of consciousness, enlightenment, and spirituality.  Just FYI if you have purchased the list and are curious like me.

@Stephyk8 Yes, it tends to be a male-dominated field. But you can find more feminine versions of it as well if you google around.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Elena Nezhinsky

Lisa Cairns 

Amoda Ma

Vera de Chalambert

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

I think I asked a similar question on the forum quite a while ago... I will name a few that I like: Starhawk, Jean Houston, Pema Chodron, etc (they are still alive, but there are some super rad dead-lady-mystics too...in the thread where I asked something similar ages ago, someone mentioned a really cool ancient dead lady but I've forgotten her name now...I think, in the old thread, I was asking if the sage process is different for women or something :) )

@Stephyk8

Amanda Johnson. She asked me to feature her book on my blog awhile back.

Totally underrated teacher. She's been on a spiritual path for awhile and has had some major insights / changes to her life.

She also has a really down to earth, yet loving teaching style.

Ah and don’t forget Rupert Spira’s wife, Ellen Emmet. She teaches too.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

54 minutes ago, SuperLuigi said:

@Joseph Maynor On the prowl again xD

Haha.  No, I’m neurotic around women.  I didn’t get exposed enough to women growing up to understand the female perspective all that well. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Stephyk8 If you aren't already aware, perhaps the most prolific interviewer of what he calls 'awakening' individuals is Rick Archer of batgap.com -- wherein one can find over 400 discussions. I'm not sure of what proportion are women, but it must certainly be in the hundreds. Whether or not one appreciates his interviewing style, it would surely be at least a good introduction to become familiar with some of the many female perspectives available. There is an alphabetical list of interviewees to peruse, from which the women should be easy to find, going by their names. From there, you'll also find countless links to other sources to follow up ... https://batgap.com/past-interviews/alphabetical-index-guests/

There's many enlightened woman. They just don't care talking about it as men do. After all, it's really simple and women are care and love by nature. :)

I'm like a kid in a candy shop right now!  This is a lot of great info and leads.  Who needs Google, @Leo Gura, when you have this forum?  LOL