egoless

Diet For Consciousness Work

179 posts in this topic

@Leo Gura Yeah, that's true. We have so many grains because without them we would not be able to feed the entire planet. It's not that natural for humans to eat grains (think corn for example)

Although, oatmeal from what i've see is very, very healthy.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

I eat vegan. There are lots of high protein plants (leguminous plants, nuts...). E.g. as a snack, I buy big packs of dried chickpeas (it is cheap) and I put them into water, after about 8 hours you can eat them just like that or you can even wait until they become germlings (is that the English word?).  It feels like it makes them a little easier to digest.

Kichererbsen,_trocken_und_gekeimt.JPG

@Dan Arnautu We dont feed the entire planet yet lol. Grains are used to feed the cows that make the quarter pounders the average American eats every day. 

@Leo Gura I eat the classic athlete's diet just veganized. I still eat my whole weat pasta and potatoes, it doesnt feel bad and they also have good nutrients (carbs&protein). Gimme some studies or articles about this.

Is decaf coffee ok or no coffee whatsoever?

Edited by Socrates

People go research buckwheat and if it is sold in your country implement it into your diets. It is super food! 

@Socrates is macaroni pasta healthy?

For people who having trouble going/maintaining a nutritious vegan diet:

You need to have a reason. To eat in a special way just because you've heard it's good will not make you satisfied. Choosing a lifestyle is so much more than intelectual knowledge. If you want to have a clear mind then a nutritious vegan diet is the option and then strive to eat only whole foods with no added oils. 

When your reason has sunken into the heart it's so easy!!!

Please don't struggle with the food and try to be vegan just because you "should". Have it as a long term goal and think about it as often as you can. It's a process <3

Whole food vegan is simply amazing to have a clear mind. Almost unbelievable but at the same time completely obvious. 

4 hours ago, sarapr said:

@Leo Gura what's wrong with tomatoes? I always thought they were good 

They aren't that bad, but they increase sleep quota. I still eat them in moderation. But yogi's don't recommend it.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

They aren't that bad, but they increase sleep quota. I still eat them in moderation. But yogi's don't recommend it.

I never eat tomatoes, not even in hamburguers hahaha

47 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

That explains a lot !

On 11/6/2017 at 11:54 AM, Leo Gura said:

Classic yogi diets are highly recommended for clarity of mind. Which means:

• No animal protein
  • No dairy
  • No sugar
  • No onion, no garlic, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no hot peppers
  • No wheat
  • No boxed or processed foods
  • No caffeine, no alcohol, no stimulants
  • As much raw, uncooked food as possible
  • As much organic as possible

The upside is that your clarity of mind will skyrocket! A lot energy is wasted on digesting the wrong foods.

Just how important is diet for this work? I eat a pretty poor diet, but I'm also young.

@Leo Gura What do you think about peanuts? I eat 350g of that most days, with some salt. Just in case that's somehow terrible.

15 minutes ago, Will Bigger said:

Just how important is diet for this work? I eat a pretty poor diet, but I'm also young.

It's pretty damn important. Most people eat so badly they cannot even get enough energy to do simple self-help, let alone serious meditation or yoga.

Almost all forms of yoga and serious meditation come with strict diet requirements. Because it matters. You should really only meditate and do yoga no sooner than 4 hours since your last meal, on an empty stomach. Try it and notice the difference in mental clarity.

Which is why I release those videos about healthy recipes.

23 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, mercury is a concern.

Wild Alaskan salmon is best. It tends to taste best and comes from cleanest waters.

Small fishies like sardines should be relatively toxin-free.

Avoid eating big predator fish like tuna, bass, swordfish, shark, etc. They have the most toxins.

The only kind of fish I actually enjoy eating is salmon, trout, and sardines.

What about farm raised fish? 

Grace

@MiracleMan It's not ideal because it's fed corn and antibiotics and artificial colors. But it's still probably better than conventional meat and corn-raised chicken or cow.

It's hard to find wild Alaskan salmon all year round.

On 06. 11. 2017. at 6:54 PM, Leo Gura said:

Classic yogi diets are highly recommended for clarity of mind. Which means:

• No animal protein
  • No dairy
  • No sugar
  • No onion, no garlic, no potatoes, no tomatoes, no hot peppers
  • No wheat
  • No boxed or processed foods
  • No caffeine, no alcohol, no stimulants
  • As much raw, uncooked food as possible
  • As much organic as possible

It's NOT an easy diet to maintain long-term in our society. You will be hungry a lot and it will cost you about double or triple what the SAD diet costs.

If you're gonna eat animal protein, fish is best, then pasture-raised eggs, and lastly pasture-raised meat.

The upside is that your clarity of mind will skyrocket! A lot energy is wasted on digesting the wrong foods.

what aobut fat, omega 3... in the recent time there is a lot going on about a keto diet (vegan or not), and fat is very important for the brain, hormones and so on... your diet sound like a low fat diet?

Whats with iron-I'm lways low iron or slightly anemic, when I cut out meats it gets worse...? and btw. you look also like a low iron guy hehe ;) (little bit pale, sometimes circles under your eyes)

vitamin b 12?

and onother question, eating 5 times a day, or one time? whats better ?

6 minutes ago, Dino D said:

what aobut fat, omega 3... in the recent time there is a lot going on about a keto diet (vegan or not), and fat is very important for the brain, hormones and so on... your diet sound like a low fat diet?

Whats with iron-I'm lways low iron or slightly anemic, when I cut out meats it gets worse...? and btw. you look also like a low iron guy hehe ;) (little bit pale, sometimes circles under your eyes)

vitamin b 12?

and onother question, eating 5 times a day, or one time? whats better ?

Healthy fat is good. The trick is getting it from healthy sources, like wild Alaskan salmon or grass-fed organic animals.

I have no problem with eating fats. I don't shy away from consuming organic olive oil, etc. I avoid butter though, because it's dairy.

You can take an iron supplement. Just don't take too much. My iron levels are good. My B12 is good. My thyroid gland is dysfunctional though. Seems like perhaps a genetic thing, because my Mom's is too and I've tried dozens of cures which never worked out.

I never have more than 2 meals a day. But I do snack on stuff like fruits, raw honey, etc.

13 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Healthy fat is good. The trick is getting it from healthy sources, like wild Alaskan salmon or grass-fed organic animals.

I have no problem with eating fats. I don't shy away from consuming organic olive oil, etc. I avoid butter though, because it's dairy.

You can take an iron supplement. Just don't take too much. My iron levels are good. My B12 is good. My thyroid gland is dysfunctional though. Seems like perhaps a genetic thing, because my Mom's is too and I've tried dozens of cures which never worked out.

I never have more than 2 meals a day. But I do snack on stuff like fruits, raw honey, etc.

thx 4 answering... It's bad to give advice in stuff that I don't know about, I mean I'm not an expert at all, but i will still share what i think...  for low thyroid there is maybe one thing you didnt tried... A lot of high intensity workouts, but I mean high and intense 4 real, go 4-5 times a weak far beyond your conford zone, sprint until you heart wants to jump out of your body, to the point where you want to vomit from exoustion-leave the comfort zone, grow stronger, also move all day as much as you can, sitting kills metabolism-thyroid... option two: wim hof method, breathing and cold exposure, but go all the way... I didn't do those things fully, i always train in the confort zone in the last 4 years but Ive had my times as i was younger, i didnt finish the wim hof course because somehow it gave me incredibile insomnia but maybe we can both still try (if you didnt tried it jet and still have the will to work on your thiroid maybe thats the way) good luck, and thx...

Guys, what about one of my favorite foods:  mushrooms!  I like portabella and your standard white mushrooms, raw or cooked many different ways.  Are they good to have in your diet?

@Outer  What about Pecans?  I love me some walnuts too though.

Grace