egoless

Diet For Consciousness Work

179 posts in this topic

are peanuts and almond good for you, i eat them alot because its the only thing whit high protein in vegan diet. (im building muscle)

20 minutes ago, egoless said:

But why milk is so notorious. I thought it was high in calcium and proteins yet it may be high in fat but who said that fat is bad for us. Cholesterol is building block of male sexual hormones. And new studies show that our liver adjusts secretion of cholesterol according to how much we take from the food source. What about eggs? eggs contain all the vitamins and egg white is the healthiest protein with all amino acids.

I don't care much about building muscle. I am quite bulky naturally I wanna get lean actually. Also I am quite high. My main problem is belly fat. Rest of my body is middle between bulky/lean

@haai14 I've heard that peanuts are better roasted. Almonds are great but remember to soak them. Soaked nuts are better absorbed by the body. 

If you're looking for more protein there is also quinoa, hemp seeds, beans, peas, etc.

Don't try to become a Buddha. Just be yourself. That is the Buddha.

Bliss out to LeakyBliss ? ➡ https://bit.ly/2Ld2QOC

@WelcometoReality I don't think full veganism is suitable for me actually. I am naturally inclined to meat products. I am quite large but not fat and to get enough vegan food I will have to eat whole day long :D I want to devote that time to something more useful. When I was trying veganism I was thinking about food whole day long and I found it really unproductive. I find idea of veggies, fruits, rice, buckwheat, eggs and fish the best. I will try it.

Edited by egoless

7 minutes ago, egoless said:

@WelcometoReality I don't think full veganism is suitable for me actually. I am naturally inclined to meat products. I am very big and to get enough vegan food I will have to eat whole day long :D I want to devote that time to something more useful. When I was trying veganism I was thinking about food whole day long and I found it really unproductive. I find idea of veggies, fruits, rice, buckwheat, eggs and fish the best. I will try it.

Sounds like a good plan. I'm still a meat eater but am transitioning to a plant based diet. Baby steps makes it less hard imo.

36 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Dairy is the leading cause of acne. After eliminating dairy, 95% of my acne vanished! I avoid it like the plague now

@Leo Gura Drinking like 4 per day is a way to eliminate acne because it moisturizes the skin, though every expert that I know says that that much is unhealthy.

:D

53 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura Which fish do you find the healthiest? As I know there is mercury in some which we need to be aware of.

Nice. I will try to avoid dairy from now on!

Yes, mercury is a concern.

Wild Alaskan salmon is best. It tends to taste best and comes from cleanest waters.

Small fishies like sardines should be relatively toxin-free.

Avoid eating big predator fish like tuna, bass, swordfish, shark, etc. They have the most toxins.

The only kind of fish I actually enjoy eating is salmon, trout, and sardines.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Sardines usually come in cans. Is canned food safe? I think they are covered in the oil so that makes it relatively safe.

@egoless It's not ideal, but better a can of sardines than a bagel with cream cheese.

You'll want some items in your pantry that can last a long time and are portable. Fresh isn't always practical.

@Max_V If it's a self-image thing, try to let that go. Even if you do become muscly, it will cause many more issues further down the line. Your natural build is your healthiest in my opinion.

I was never fat or muscly in my life, but I have lost about 7 pounds in the last 6 months - I'm now a tall, skinny build. People say I look almost too skinny, but it feels very natural and primordial. Find what's best for you.

@egoless  I would say the main thing is cutting out artificial food, salt, sugar and saturated fat as much as possible. This will have a huge effect itself. Then cut out meat and dairy with time. You'll become more sensitive to what you put into your body.

Founder of The Great Updraft: Articles, Courses + More

www.thegreatupraft.com

2 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

@Max_V I understand. I'm fairly tall and skinny too. Learn to love the skinny look. Human bodies are designed by nature to be lean and efficient, not beefy like a hog on steroids. African warriors are lean, not beefy.

Note that most ripped men and celebrities use steroids to look that way. The entire bodybuilding culture is basically built on steroids. The whole thing is a ridiculous lie perpetuating a vicious cycle of low consciousness.

Being skinny is not going to get you any less girls. Girls care about your personality more.

You’re right. I want to look attractive because I feel quite insecure and not acceptive of how I look. 

I want someone to have an emotional connection with. Might not be very masculine but that’s how I feel.

In the depths of winter,
I finally learned that within me 
there lay an invincible summer.

- Albert Camus

@see_on_see You are a very rare case then. It doesn't come that easily for most folks.

And also, let's see how long you can keep that up. The trick with diet changes is that it's very easy to backslide after a year or two.

I read many yogis ect.. would snack only or mostly on fruit/berries when doing consciousness work since they hold the highest vibration of most known foods. The less you consume the more pure the body/mind becomes and more connected you feel.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

43 minutes ago, Socrates said:

@Leo Gura i became vegan cold turkey, it's no big deal. What's wrong with potatoes?

But what kind of vegan is the question? It's easy to be a vegan while drinking Coke and eating potato chips.

Potatoes are mostly empty calories. They also bog down your body/mind and increase your sleep quota.

Health in food comes from concentration of LIVE nutrients and phytochemicals vs calories. Potatoes are mostly just starch & sugars. I do eat them though. They're better than wheat products.

@Leo Gura  Leo what do you think about rice and buckwheat. I consider buckwheat as the best alternative to them it is certainly one of the super foods.

3 hours ago, egoless said:

@Leo Gura  Leo what do you think about rice and buckwheat. I consider buckwheat as the best alternative to them it is certainly one of the super foods.

Rice is fine. Buckwheat I've never had. If it has gluten, then bad, stay away.

In general, all grains are empty calories with little nutrients. Dead matter. You want live matter.

I am partial to rice though.