Vido

I Interviewed Natasha Mod. Enjoy

63 posts in this topic

@integration journey Thank YOU for being part of my journey - I learn so much in relation to each member here :x


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow...thats good! Thank you both!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unacceptable. I was promised a kangaroo 🦘

Instead I got two lovely souls and beautiful reflections.

Good to see you @Natasha Tori Maru

And @Vido, please keep interviewing whomever you can of the staff and members here. Much appreciated 👍🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Jirh said:

Unacceptable. I was promised a kangaroo 🦘

Instead I got two lovely souls and beautiful reflections.

Good to see you @Natasha Tori Maru

And @Vido, please keep interviewing whomever you can of the staff and members here. Much appreciated 👍🏻

Haha thanks. Everyone one is a cosmic kangaroo here <3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very cool @Vido and @Natasha Tori Maru! I find it's always valuable to elevate the conversation beyond forum text into face to face videos that let us experience exchanges of ideas in a more vivid format.

On my way to work now, I'll give it a watch in the coming days and give you my thoughts. 


The dream is not easy but each day we're getting closer

Check out the game and manga I'm making on Instagram: Legend of the Abyss

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished watching, it was awesome! Thanks for the initiative @Vido I'll also watch the other one with Davino, and looking forward to the next episodes with others. I was also mostly lurker like you for like 8 years, and this year I've become more active, it's fun, you should join conversations more ;)

As for @Natasha Tori Maru, you were great, as Leo said the other day, we're lucky to have you here 🫶.

Couple things I noted during the interview:

I've also been intuitively good at drawing (so is my sister, so it might be a genetic thing), and I haven't had a formal artistic education, but I remember in childhood and teenage years when I was drawing something, I made a distinction between what I was actually looking at and what I thought I was looking at, and most of the times when I didn't like the drawing, it was because I was adding my own interpretations to the perception. And when I was switching that off, and was perceiving what was there directly, literally, the art was coming out much better. It was a small insight that I now realize has some ontological significance. You also mentioned the same thing.

I also found out about Ralston through Leo's videos and the book list, and it gave me (still continues to) a crucial epistemological foundation. Kudos to Leo for introducing him to us.

One question, you mentioned that after your walking experience the suffering never came back to the same degree. Did you do some formal practices before that experience, did contemplating, or it just spontaneously occured because suffering was so intense that something in you surrendered? That story reminds me of the story Eckhart Tolle tells when he speaks of his first enlightenment experience.

Also, did you attribute your success in construction management mostly to the perceptive and consciousness change (plus discipline and work-ethic)? Would you still be able to accomplish things the same way if it wasn't for those couple experiences? 

You're nice to listen to, looking forward for the second part with a better mic :D Tell us more about your Kanguru sandwiches next time 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, bazera said:

Just finished watching, it was awesome! Thanks for the initiative @Vido I'll also watch the other one with Davino, and looking forward to the next episodes with others. I was also mostly lurker like you for like 8 years, and this year I've become more active, it's fun, you should join conversations more ;)

As for @Natasha Tori Maru, you were great, as Leo said the other day, we're lucky to have you here 🫶.

Couple things I noted during the interview:

I've also been intuitively good at drawing (so is my sister, so it might be a genetic thing), and I haven't had a formal artistic education, but I remember in childhood and teenage years when I was drawing something, I made a distinction between what I was actually looking at and what I thought I was looking at, and most of the times when I didn't like the drawing, it was because I was adding my own interpretations to the perception. And when I was switching that off, and was perceiving what was there directly, literally, the art was coming out much better. It was a small insight that I now realize has some ontological significance. You also mentioned the same thing.

I also found out about Ralston through Leo's videos and the book list, and it gave me (still continues to) a crucial epistemological foundation. Kudos to Leo for introducing him to us.

One question, you mentioned that after your walking experience the suffering never came back to the same degree. Did you do some formal practices before that experience, did contemplating, or it just spontaneously occured because suffering was so intense that something in you surrendered? That story reminds me of the story Eckhart Tolle tells when he speaks of his first enlightenment experience.

Also, did you attribute your success in construction management mostly to the perceptive and consciousness change (plus discipline and work-ethic)? Would you still be able to accomplish things the same way if it wasn't for those couple experiences? 

You're nice to listen to, looking forward for the second part with a better mic :D Tell us more about your Kanguru sandwiches next time 😂

Love the question, thank you for watching

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Natasha Tori Maru  That's fantastic!  Nice to see you in person. Well almost in person. I'll watch the whole vid. when I get the chance.

Edited by cetus

When the secret is revealed to you, you will know that you are not other than God, but that you yourself are the object of your quest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

@Heaven I work in commercial construction (think hospitals, science facilities, education /universities) as a partner with my Dad.

I do project management, estimating & contract administration. I basically read the plans, order and track all consumables (doors, frames, windows, hardware, fixtures and fittings), manage subcontractor relationships and legalities, communicate with the client/architect/consultants & quote all projects.

Because we are a design and construct GC family operated business - I do anything that comes my way with very little oversight or rigid role structure. I am sort of my own boss. As long as I meet the deadline and keep costs in line while producing extremely high quality builds I can operate as I please.

I love it. I get to build the infrastructure that helps heal and aid the community. I love giving it all I have so others can be well :x

Sounds awesome! 
Spiritual person who is also well grounded🙌🏻

Are you planning to have your own family?(I’m married) just curious

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

God that accent is unbearable.


I corporate now. No more jokes or I report, yes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, EdgeGod900 said:

God that accent is unbearable.

ban this mf 😂


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice!

I will see this on the weekend:x


Road to perfection.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joshe said:

ban this mf 😂

It is horrible, though. 

I strongly dislike my accent.

Round 2 interview I'll have a proper label mic so you will have clearer brutality in your ears...

SHAZLICKS ON THE BARBY cu**


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

It is horrible, though. 

I strongly dislike my accent.

Round 2 interview I'll have a proper label mic so you will have clearer brutality in your ears...

SHAZLICKS ON THE BARBY cu**

I actually like it. The accent itself carries a warm/friendly intonation with it, which makes the most mundane of statements much more interesting and often more friendly. Like, when I speak, I don't sound anywhere near as friendly as you, but I wish I did. It got me thinking about how accent itself can shape our relationship to our fellows. I'd choose your accent anyday over any American accent. 

Edited by Joshe

What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

It is horrible, though. 

I strongly dislike my accent.

Most people are self-conscious about their voice and accent.

But foreign accents are one of the most endearing external expressions to others.

Think about how most people think the French language and accent is sexy. It's kinda like this with any other accent to an outsider from the same dialect.

You're fine. And you did great!

Edited by Jirh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Joshe @Jirh Appreciate both of your inputs (outputs?) :D

It is really crazy how differently I perceive interactions via voice as opposed to text. I am much more charitable to the person when listening / speaking as opposed to written communication. I often wonder if it works this way with others also. I assume it would be a spectrum rather than binary.

I was less self conscious about my voice, tone, accent, expression & appearance compared to my actual language patterns. Certain repeated phrases I used made me want to put a staple gun to my face >.< 

 


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

Certain repeated phrases I used made me want to put a staple gun to my face >.< 

Totally normal when you're on the spot, especially if you haven't really discussed said topics in spoken language before. It can feel like you are drawing from an empty well. My mind runs empty whenever on the spot and becomes almost tautological 🤫 until thought reinforcements arrive.

Fluency is a skill. It takes practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Natasha Tori Maru said:

It is really crazy how differently I perceive interactions via voice as opposed to text. I am much more charitable to the person when listening / speaking as opposed to written communication.

Yeah, listening to you explain your concepts over video was much nicer than reading your explanations of them on screen. I understood better and liked you much more over video, lol. It's interesting how that works. 


What if this is just fascination + identity + seriousness being inflated into universal importance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now