Eskilon

Is Leo Gura awake or not?

128 posts in this topic

Needing Leo’s approval to validate what is True for you is a big trap.

Furthermore, the highest levels of Awakening, I promise you, there will absolutely be no Leo there.

All you’ll be left with is Love. 

You don’t scream “OH MY LEO.”

You go “OH MY GOD! OH WOW… OH GOD…. OH GOODNESS?!! WOOAAAHH!”

Edited by Yimpa

𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I completely agree.

 

@Someone here Look I think arguing about whether or not someone is awake is kinda dumb and I feel lame for actually inserting myself into the discussion here but tbh I have been hurt by Leo’s teachings and to be frank, him as an individual. 
 

He has over time, proven to not be a good person.  Goodness actually, can kind of be a measure by which we could consider one awake. And it’s not one, two or 12 things that have made me come to this conclusion of Leo. It’s how he repeatedly and continuously shows up, and the fact that it gets worse and worse each year. I was Leo’s biggest fan for a long time. And I still really care for him. But he has shown his true colors and I trust myself to know what goodness looks like and doesn’t look like at this point.
 

I don’t care how much 5meo he’s done or how many times he’s seen God or how well he can disprove science or how much he can talk down and try to disprove certain spiritual laws and truths with his fancy words. 
 

I don’t consider these things a prerequisite to awakeness, or goodness, or love. I know all the stuff about “everything is love” “we’re just imagining each other” etc. I was involved in that world for a very long time, I’ve heard it all. There really is no new thing under the sun and there becomes a point when one realizes that stuff doesn’t lead anywhere. 
 

So I mean, if you guys think he’s awake ok. But I’ve done the stuff, I walked the path, and it’s frankly, empty. And the leader of such a path is not awake. 

I told you he’s not a “good person” in the sense you seem to be demanding. He can be rude and  insulting and unnecessarily harsh toward people ..I’ve seen it happen plenty of times. But that doesn’t make him a devil either. Those incidents, they happen relatively rarely.

As for demoting or banning people, I think those measures are sometimes inevitable when they’re genuinely the only reasonable way to maintain the space. You were demoted because you suddenly started preaching mainstream Christianity, and I think you understand that this particular place isn’t really an appropriate setting for that. I’m assuming that’s what you mean when you say Leo personally hurt you.

And generally, no I don’t think morality itself constitutes awakening. If anything, the more I awaken and free my mind, the more I question whether simply being “good” because conformity demands it has any inherent validity. There’s a difference between genuinely understanding why you act a certain way and merely obeying a moral code because you’ve been conditioned to see it as right.

 


“God is the Alpha Omega .. the beginning-less  beginning and the endless end . 
He is the first without start . He is the last without end . He is the manifest actuality ..nothing covers him . He is the most hidden essence  ..nothing can grasp him .. nothing below him or more subtle than him .The ego is the belief I’m separate from god . Because being god is too good to be true .No matter how dark it gets or difficult it gets ..no matter how long it is going to take .. my destiny is the infinite happiness and infinite joy and love as the best thing ever ..God .  “

-that’s a me .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Someone here I already said I agree, that being harsh is not inherently an indication of someone’s goodness.
 

But what you are doing is you’re taking the truth that  “just because something doesn’t feel good doesn’t mean it’s bad” and you’re taking it to an extreme. 
 

And I’m going to push back and disagree: those things happen all the time. I’ve been on this forum a long time. Reading his blogs, the way he talks to people the way he speaks in his videos. It’s all the same and it never changes. Just because he says sometimes yes I agree. I need to change. Doesn’t mean that his heart actually changes he is just paying lip service to the forum. 
 

I’m actually not hurt because I was demoted.  But you know what? It happened without any conversation at all and I do think that was immature of him but it’s kinda nbd. No surprise really. 
 

i’ve tried reaching out to Leo to have a conversation with him over the phone. Because I wanted to ask him some things about God and he completely ignored my message. And I think that it’s kind of strange that he’s on a forum being so personal answering all these questions with people who have been on here for, some of us nearly a decade and yet he treats us like we’re just names behind the screen.
 

He has multiple times over the years, at least two maybe three, promised meetups with his followers only to later bail. 
 

Which I think is freaking weird. Especially his latest stunt. 
 

Also, you’re just repeating old jargon that circulates around this forum and other “spiritual” communities. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that morality does not equal goodness. And these are mostly people who sit behind their computer doing psychedelics, scrolling Reddit talking about awakening but never actually going out and living what it really means to be awake. 
 

I get it. It makes philosophical sense to say that. To say that there is no objective morality that there’s no objective goodness. But you would be lying if you told me right now that you don’t know what it means to be good. And if you think Leo is a good person more power to you, but I disagree and maybe we can just agree to disagree.
 

 


Instagram:

@sarahmegcreates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Flowerfaeiry

None of what you said makes him a bad person. It just makes him human.

He didn't harm you. I think he probably didn't even intend to ignore you. He probably gets tons of messages everyday and has to make choices according to his priorities. And it is completely possible that he didn't even see your message. But even if he did, that doesn't mean he doesn't care. It means he wants to keep his work professional instead of turning it personal.

Edited by Jirh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

I think that it’s kind of strange that he’s on a forum being so personal answering all these questions

In between deleting threads when they start getting good.

3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

you’re just repeating old jargon that circulates around this forum and other “spiritual” communities.

Yeah, this forum is another waste of time.  But maybe we can learn from the experience though.  Like screw gurus and their followers and just do what Jesus said and seek inner communion and say fuck the authorities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

And I’m going to push back and disagree: those things happen all the time. I’ve been on this forum a long time. Reading his blogs, the way he talks to people the way he speaks in his videos. It’s all the same and it never changes. Just because he says sometimes yes I agree. I need to change. Doesn’t mean that his heart actually changes he is just paying lip service to the forum. 

Spirituality is like its own anomaly / That is, to understand someone, e.g., Leo — yous would have to study him or get to know him for real, so yous can tell whats an act, whats just him having a bad day, etc., but aside from that, in regards to change, Its the innovators who are imparting inspiration and change to the world, not necessarily normal ppl... as..

Innovation is like its own practice, separate from spirituality, a little, i mean, to be spiritual is to discover some sortve feeling within yourselves that has that sense of spiritual discovery and such, But to innovate is entirely different. To innovate is to be challenging yourself and everyone else, which itself crosses through spirituality and more lax sortve, spirit related endeavors (not as a prerequisite, but just as parts of the spectrum that are possible to innovate in)

I mean... Im contrasting two very diff things. ... But in our day nd age, there hasnt been real innovation, and its been more of the *bitcoin thing — I.e. "put two and two papers together, show the world how you put two and two papers together", As id consider that more of a cheap observation, or perhaps, a very fortunate scholarly person's thing.

Thats like, people who were born and bred around universities and stuff, money, et caetera ... Looking at papers and putting two and two together... detatched from spirituality and creativity.

Basically, iuno, like iuno how much innovation is happening in these schools and uber rich families who own the world typeve thing, As theres nothing to push them  towards  change  or  innovation.

I mean, its uncommon. It could happen but it would be weird, unusual, As normal people seldom innovate for the sake of, let alone changing for the sake of, without some sortve conflict that they are trying to fix or iron-out in theirselves, or their life.

Likewise the rich'n famous rarely are doing innovation, outside of the usual performative-ish-ness.

Just recently Running man came out next to Resident Evil, same premise, different movies (Granted they been doing that for years, but no one noticed til... i wanna say 10 or so years ago)

Edited by kavaris

Non ci sarebbe lòta o dolaur sanza sé separato,  "There'd be no struggle or pain without the separate self" — Predilection to get us on andèda, a trip to the greater, u(oo)ch path, a finalé ... of a liberating sense and source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gotta be clear and not collapse the person (or character) with the behaviour.

And make sure we do not have any sort of parasocial relationship behaviours ourselves. Can point to fantasy thinking.


It is far easier to fool someone, than to convince them they have been fooled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Flowerfaeiry said:

@Someone here I already said I agree, that being harsh is not inherently an indication of someone’s goodness.
 

But what you are doing is you’re taking the truth that  “just because something doesn’t feel good doesn’t mean it’s bad” and you’re taking it to an extreme. 
 

And I’m going to push back and disagree: those things happen all the time. I’ve been on this forum a long time. Reading his blogs, the way he talks to people the way he speaks in his videos. It’s all the same and it never changes. Just because he says sometimes yes I agree. I need to change. Doesn’t mean that his heart actually changes he is just paying lip service to the forum. 
 

I’m actually not hurt because I was demoted.  But you know what? It happened without any conversation at all and I do think that was immature of him but it’s kinda nbd. No surprise really. 
 

i’ve tried reaching out to Leo to have a conversation with him over the phone. Because I wanted to ask him some things about God and he completely ignored my message. And I think that it’s kind of strange that he’s on a forum being so personal answering all these questions with people who have been on here for, some of us nearly a decade and yet he treats us like we’re just names behind the screen.
 

He has multiple times over the years, at least two maybe three, promised meetups with his followers only to later bail. 
 

Which I think is freaking weird. Especially his latest stunt. 
 

Also, you’re just repeating old jargon that circulates around this forum and other “spiritual” communities. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard that morality does not equal goodness. And these are mostly people who sit behind their computer doing psychedelics, scrolling Reddit talking about awakening but never actually going out and living what it really means to be awake. 
 

I get it. It makes philosophical sense to say that. To say that there is no objective morality that there’s no objective goodness. But you would be lying if you told me right now that you don’t know what it means to be good. And if you think Leo is a good person more power to you, but I disagree and maybe we can just agree to disagree.
 

 

You are talking about an impossibility, that is, that a spiritual teacher is a narcissist and a liar. It's absolutely impossible. In fact, is one day it would happen, reality would implode and disappear for ever, everyone knows that. Sadhguru approved 👍. Stop that horrible blasphemy and be again a believer, for your own good (and the good of this reality)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now