Alii

How Can You Tell If A Person Is Enlightened? (response To Leo's May 18 Insight)

298 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Fidelio said:

I can't believe I was trolled out of retirement. And why is everyone up so late in America?

If you have a desire to harm someone, you aren't enlightened. There is a difference between accidentally stepping on an ant, and going out of your way to step on an ant. You can't accidentally rape someone. People who "accept themselves for who they are" and use that to justify raping or killing are called psychopaths.

I can't believe I stepped on YOU. Oops accident!

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Ok, I've been going through this thread. Looks like we're talking about morals and enlightenment and if there is a correlation.

Here's what I noticed: most of us hold the moral of (I like to call it: core value): we enter into a relationship (bf/gf), if it doesn't work out, we break up. We enter into another relationship, and if it doesn't work out, we break up -- and so on and so on. Most of us accept this moral as truth. Anything outside of this moral is a taboo. So we apply our own morals on others and think that something is "wrong" with the others.

Here are the other more "shocking" morals of our world: both man and woman have to be virgins in order to marry; I will not marry a non-virgin; polygamy; arranged marriages; marrying within relations (ie, cousin marriages, uncle marrying niece); (Leo's favourite, j/k!) rape marriage (it's already explained in this thread); or just plain rape for enjoyment. 

Ok. You get the point. Just go think about it. I know that Leo is not asking anyone here to follow anyone else's morals (core values). The problem comes when one person has a certain moral and applies it on someone else with a different moral. Talking about it is one thing. If it's played out in real life, it's another. It could boil down to: I'll respect your morals if you respect mine.

Enlightenment doesn’t require any morals. Enlightenment is just is. It's just peace. You could be detached from all these morals, including your own. In an actual relationship, you're not always moralizing. You could be detached from it and doing something else - like working on your career or life purpose. 

----------------------------------------------

Yes, enlightenment can play a heavy role in relationships. Ask yourself, does your moral lead to the best relationship? Or, does it lead to this?

If it does, what could be missing? Detachment? Detachment is an enlightenment feature. When a person is in his/her "enlightenment experience," he/she is detached from everything.

Leo talks about detachment:

Edited by Key Elements

48 minutes ago, sweater said:

Life is fucked. Its not all going to be alright. 

The world is fucked you mean.

There is pleasure. there is pain, there is null thing that's not the same

There is healing. there is harm, there is detachment to keep me warm.

There is one thing, there is another, there is unthing that is no other.

One awareness, one abyss and one time birthed one existence.

Just be................... here................. now.

Not all going to be alright. 

Real eyes, realize, real lies.

Morality is Not relative.

1 minute ago, sweater said:

In a hospital you will always find sick people, if there is no sick people in a hospital, it can't be a hospital. World is a hospital, if somebody is cured, he never returns back.

jesus leo ur brains gotta be the size of earth u got fuckloads of info what hav u read like a trillion boooks @Leo Gura

1 minute ago, Maxx said:

Just because he supposedly wrote a book which is full of bullshit dualistic concepts?

Book can be corrupted, book can be written by others. 

Your understanding of Buddhism, and Trump, is lacking ;)

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Maxx What are the differences between the two?

How Can You Tell If A Person Is Enlightened? That's the paradox of it. Once ''you'' are enlightened, there's no person to be enlightened. And it's just a redundancy to say ''be enlightened'', because pure and carefree being it's the state of enlightenment itself.

Ain't it funny how men think?

They made the bomb, they are extinct.

*one day later*

Is this thread seriously still going? Wow I missed a lot  O.o 

6 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Yes, I said already that you are free to do whatever you want. Which means you can have morals. They just aren't grounded in anything.

All that having morals means is that you have made some choices about how you want to play the game of life. And you live out those choices. That's all. Nothing more. Enjoy your rules. Just don't expect other people to follow them. Why should they? You made them up for you. And they will make up the opposite ones for themselves.

This is PROFOUND. Morality summed up in two paragraphs.

7 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

UPDATE: The Assam Rape Festival In India Begins This Week :P

india_rape_festival.jpg

http://newsexaminer.net/opinion/rape-festival-india-begins/

You are probably giving others the wrong impression of India when you say such things. I could understand if you say India is at stage orange. Remember the movie, Slum Dog Millionaire? That was too much. Just because a minority of ppl does rape festival, doesn’t mean the whole of India does this. A person really do have to travel and have lived for years at a place up to the present to actually understand the place.

@Key Elements @Snick

Don't worry! It was posted for fun. India is land of mystics and enlightened persons, India had a golden past. It was one of the largest economies in the world before Britishers came , now again its economy is rising. 

India is a symbol for nothing else except for learning meditation. It is a university of meditation. And it is not just today – for centuries, it has been the university of mediation.

It was hoax article from US based satirical news site.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

This is just silly. You're using kindergarten egoic thinking here.

Ain't none of your human values universal. They aren't even planet-wide. They aren't even species-wide. They aren't even city-wide. They aren't even family-wide.

Just because you become physically sick at rape, doesn't mean others do.

You're really just speaking of yourself. But deluding yourself into believing you're speaking for the whole universe! It's insane!

You don't kill ants because you have a desire to hurt ants. You simply kill ants as a by-product of being you. Likewise with rape. It's not about desiring to hurt others. It's about being a self. Your self happens to not like rape. Other selves do.

Not sure how you intend to become enlightened clinging to all your human desires like that.

No it's not silly. Universal love, empathy and an experience/understanding of oneness is universal among developed (self-)aware beings, in fact, even a good amount of animals tend to use empathy. If a human is not doing so to the degree it doesn't treat others as it would know it itself would like to be treated, it's severely undeveloped or emotionally confused, and certainly not enlightened.

6 hours ago, sweater said:

Nice profile pic. I stole your idea btw. :)