Leo Gura

Leo's Blog Discussion Mega-Thread

9,828 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Someone here said:

What’s the difference between saying “everything is GOD” and saying “everything is everything “ ?

When all distinctions collapse and there is no longer a you that is separate from anything.


𝐵𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑦 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑎𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑓𝑖𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦 𑣲⋆。˚

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leo should integrate Instagram into the blog and forum like with YT videos atp. Its every day now. I'm tired of links bro.

Edited by Basman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Thought Art said:

Something is just off about Leo’s last post. I think it’s a strawman and I will work to articulate why, and also how it contradicts many of Leo’s statements and how it’s a mixture of a lower and higher perspective. 

It feels off because he is talking at people as if he knows their subjective experience. But I suspect some of that grating communication style is deliberate; it generates emotional polarity that captivates attention... unfortunately, that discomfort usually doesn't translate into more consciousness in people, just unconscious defence mechanisms that can make things worse. Some of the grating communication is also being driven by discontent with people in general, as he is impatient.

Religious people believe in God for all kinds of different reasons, and most could actually tell you "why" they believe. Religious institutions also provide many useful cultural and social functions that people are very aware of, to the detriment of individual consciousness cultivation.

The survival functions religions facilitate differ from direct experience of God, and direct experiences of God vary in depth and consistency.

Many religious people have had some kind of direct experience that then gets mixed up with beliefs, human games, unconscious/uncognized mechanics, which further complicates things.

It's hard, man. Only an idiot would try to teach God.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I sat down again to understand it I see what he is saying.

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

100x more intelligent than the world's best scientists

Quote

No religious person has EVER understood GOD

Leo - I remember you mentioning at some point wanting to be more nuanced and speak less in absolutes.

Is that still a goal?

I notice you still have a tendancy to make sweeping claims that are probably not true in many cases. 

Separately - there was a video of you claiming to be omniscient but were later surprised by a delivery man. What exactly did you mean by omniscience?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I deleted my post.

Edited by Thought Art

 "I heard you guys are very safe. Caught up with the featherweights”" - Bon Iver

                            ◭“Holyfields”◮

                  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Leo Gura Can I ask you a favor please? I won’t ask much of your time. Could you please share any sources you used to develop your public speaking? I know you are very authentic on camera and you speak with conviction which makes you a strong speaker. Do you read from a script or notes? You compose your entire piece with any supporting details or bullets then just speak and about what you know? Did you read any books or learn from anyone on speaking and composing your ideas into a concise 1 hour video? Thanks for sharing this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now