Heaven

Islam = the biggest cult in the world

88 posts in this topic

@Twentyfirst 

Just know that religion is neither the beginning nor the end and the act of believing something doesn't belong to religion.

2 minutes ago, Nemra said:

@Twentyfirst 

Just know that religion is neither the beginning nor the end and the act of believing something doesn't belong to religion.

People need religion. People outside this forum. Or else it wouldn't be there. Just because you advanced beyond training wheels doesn't mean we should take them off for everyone. Also remember that if someone wants to be muslim then that is their right and you have the option of minding your own business 

Just know that The West is only 15% of the entire world and theres a lot more understanding to be known outside of your hypocritical bubble 

48 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

Woke, feminism, money, independence (selfishness), and pleasure

Those are sort of religions too. LGBTQ is not a choice, however.

47 minutes ago, Twentyfirst said:

maybe the West should let go of all its problems first

Why not both at the same time? 😝

14 hours ago, An young being said:

one where equality, compassion, gratitude, selflessness and love takes the center stage, religions will either disappear entirely or lose their relevance completely,

But how life will be interesting without conflicts? I think non violent conflicts will ever be, and religion too just in higher versions.

🇮🇱💛 Israel finished 5th at Eurovision and 2nd(!) in public vote with 'Hurricane' talks on oct7th. Israel's performance Here

🌻 Stage Yellow emerges when Green starts to have tolerance and respect to the variety of views within HIMSELF.

@Leo Gura Arab people were more developed than the west in the Islamic golden age.

I think you are overrating the impact of geography> Btw, most Arab didn't live in the desert as the media likes to portray.

The real reason behind Muslims underdevelopment is that they lost their momentum in the last couple of decades. The same thing happened to the Maghoul empire and some African dynasties.

14 minutes ago, LSD-Rumi said:

@Leo Gura Arab people were more developed than the west in the Islamic golden age.

I think you are overrating the impact of geography> Btw, most Arab didn't live in the desert as the media likes to portray.

The real reason behind Muslims underdevelopment is that they lost their momentum in the last couple of decades. The same thing happened to the Maghoul empire and some African dynasties.

There is more to the story.

Back in the middle ages, the best place in the world to inhabit was the middleast. The temperate zone (area between the equator and the artic circle) was harsh cold.

But as we invented efficient heating systems, the scenario reversed. Now the temperate zones became much more conducive to business and trade. 

It's not just geography but how we deal with it. 

Hmm, I think ones opinions are the biggest cult in the world. 

2 hours ago, Twentyfirst said:

How many people did they kill? How many of other nations did they destroy? 

The people I mentioned killed people from there own country. Go read about these people and history before boasting about islamic rulers being less abusive than western. 

I will be waiting here, For your silence to break, For your soul to shake,              For your love to wake! Rumi

@Twentyfirst I did state my opinion, I did not make fun, my point was: you were making fun of the west rather than trying to understand their worldview, which is something we all fall into sometimes by accident.

On 29/04/2024 at 9:20 AM, Leo Gura said:

@Ayham All that is a function of geography, as is Islam.

That sounds very reductionistic.

How many Muslim countries have dropped bombs on European countries?   How many Muslim countries have militarily occupied European lands (including the US)?  Iran is anti US because Iran was dominated for years by the US backed tyrant the Shah of Iran.   If Islam wasn’t so peaceful we would be in real trouble.

Vincit omnia Veritas.

15 hours ago, Nivsch said:

But how life will be interesting without conflicts? I think non violent conflicts will ever be, and religion too just in higher versions.

Lol, atleast nations should work towards avoiding conflicts which affect the basic needs of people and keep them in constant survival mode.

9 hours ago, Jodistrict said:

How many Muslim countries have dropped bombs on European countries?   How many Muslim countries have militarily occupied European lands (including the US)?  Iran is anti US because Iran was dominated for years by the US backed tyrant the Shah of Iran.   If Islam wasn’t so peaceful we would be in real trouble.

One reason might be the rapid development of western nations, both in terms of science and military. If Islamic countries were as developed as, say US, we might have a different situation in the world right now.

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, Haribo said:

That sounds very reductionistic.

Geography is to nations what genetics is to living organisms.

It's more reductionistic to blame underdevelopment on a single religion.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura You seem to be arguing from a point of geographical determinism, which is a limiting POV. Watch this video:

أشهد أن لا إله إلا الله وأشهد أن ليو رسول الله

On 30/4/2024 at 5:28 PM, Ayham said:

of course nowadays Arabs are much less developed, because they are clinging to Islam so hard as a dogma, Islam by it's very nature refuses to change, if you change Islam, or try to make it more "modern", you are basically a disbeliever by traditional Islam, most people here are extremely brainwashed, for example, they think doing philosophy or thinking is wrong because it might make you doubt Islam.

That's the big problem of islam, that makes it a trap, something extremely toxic. 

10 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Geography is to nations what genetics is to living organisms.

It's more reductionistic to blame underdevelopment on a single religion.

In the Philippines there is a low level of development. The majority are Christians and are quite tolerant of sexuality, gays, lesbians and transsexuals. In the Muslim part they are extremely intolerant and violent.

Posted (edited)

Demographics is destiny, geography is opportunity, genetics is potential. 

Analogous to hardware / software = software operates within the constraints of the hardware it runs on.

Similarly it’s the conciousness (software) that maximises but is limited to the constraints of the hardware (geography, genetics) it is housed within. Reminds me of the Sadhguru thread where everyone was debating a yogi can or should over come a physical illness = elevating software to think it can transcend hardware.

The opposite end is the geopolitical analyst Peter Zeihan who elevates hardware and has been calling China’s collapse due to its poor geography -  but has high hopes for Argentina becoming a power due to its geography, or America staying top dog due to its superior geography. He overlooks the human element - the human conciousness (software) at work with the material it has (hardware).

Edited by zazen

Posted (edited)

On 2024-04-29 at 2:11 AM, Leo Gura said:

If you did a quantitative analysis it is actually the opposite, but the news amplifies the negative stuff.

Im interested in adapting my view on it, because my news consumption mostly shows the bad sides. I know the good stuff like prohibition on alcohol, emphasise on family and discipline etc.

Is there any good sources that supports this view which are freely available? which isn’t a cleric that self-congratulates his collective ego.

Edited by ArcticGong
Grammar and added a some information

On 30/4/2024 at 6:38 PM, Danioover9000 said:

@tvaeli

True, so generally Islam is the youngest orthodox religion, next is Christianity, next is Judaism, then Buddhism is next although Confucianism/Taoism maybe earlier, Hinduism technically being the oldest, but actually Zoroastrianism is THE OLDEST RELIGION BY FAR, with some paganist religions in between Zoroastrianism and Hinduism.

Yes, Christianity had the crusades but for good reasons why the Pope and Catholics wanted it to happen:

One question is, whether your war is justified - completely another, whether you can avoid it. When you are younger, your battles might be justified - but when you are older, you are able to avoid them (in similar situations).

It's an Abrahamic religion that is explicitly political, resists reform by rejecting reinterpretations of the Qoran and which worships a warlord. You couldn't construct a better tool for resisting cultural progress. Sadly Europe will only learn that it's its antithesis through hindsight. 

The road to God is paved with bliss.