Rishabh R

Does rejection and heartbreak counts as experience?

23 posts in this topic

I have been talking to girls since my 9th standard to know in college. I have experienced rejections and a lot of heartbreak. Does that count as experience? Will they be valuable for me in the future ?

Its crucial in the game to fall down come back and not being defined by reactions of others and endresaults of situations.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Yes, of course.

Learning how to handle rejections properly is one of the most important things in dating.

One of those things that can make it or break it for you.

Connect with me on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/miguetran

Would you know what happiness felt like if you didn't know what sadness felt like. Answer that, and you've answered your own question. Usually, the questions are the answers.

Thought = Time. Without thought there's no time.

I have experienced the same. What if you never get a yes?

Posted (edited)

Yes, Direct experience of any kind is KING—or even indirect experience.

Edited by Jehovah increases

Love is the λόγος' of humanity. The very important thing is to Love all flora and fauna of all kinds of species that inhabit the environment. Whether you call it Mother Earth or Gaia etc." To love all beings in the world and Universe with unconditionally Love and unbiased. Humanity doesn't mean only love it includes compassion peace and being kind generous to one another and non-judgmental and having more respect for others, especially your elders. Trying to always see the best in people. Being more authentic and more genuine and having moral integrity and values. Try to think for yourselves somewhere along the way humans have lost the ability to independent thought. Forgive all, especially yourselves, and always speak well of everyone because you never know what they're going through or have been through. Always be there for your family and friends and above all just be you and recognize and embrace your individuality, your own unique beautiful self. Try and love yourself a bit more every day and never stop dreaming or using your wonderful human Imagination.❤♾❤?    

On 4/10/2024 at 8:38 PM, Tenebroso said:

What if you never get a yes?

What if you never get a no? Getting things too easy sucks 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

On 10/4/2024 at 1:07 PM, Rishabh R said:

I have been talking to girls since my 9th standard to know in college. I have experienced rejections and a lot of heartbreak. Does that count as experience? Will they be valuable for me in the future ?

You mentioned the word "count". It only count if in future you didn't make the same mistake again. Not talking about going in to relationship again but the "red flag" in your previous relationship which act as experience for future relationships.

So, guys are these experiences valuable ? Will they contribute to something good in the future like finding a good  relationship / girl who doesn't treat me badly and loves me for who I am ?

@Rishabh R You are hoping and pitying yourself+ cant listen to the words someone tell you that its necessary so you stop giving a f.So answer is no if you stay like this.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf the solution is to stop caring and move forward. You could also talk about that in a respectful manner and also hope to find a better person is one of the key aspects of inner game. So don't demotivate me.

It’s often very good experience if you use it to free yourself and learn how your mind works. It’s often best experience in that way. Though, it’s hard.

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

Posted (edited)

@Rishabh R No because you want me to tell you everything is going to be alright,well it wont you failed the test you care more about how i make you feel than what message im telling you beneath that.Why you think it will be okay? You can accept being what you are. Not everyone is going to make it but it could be you if you stop pity yourself and seek some serious help aka investment of money,sweat,pain...otherwise im lying to you like all the fake feel good type of self help advice.

Poor me i cant get a girlfriend nobody cares you either go become a man or stay who you are not this ohh ill take a moment to understand you make you feel better does nothing time passes and you end up just in same place as you were.

Edited by NoSelfSelf

It's you.

Now fight.

Posted (edited)

@NoSelfSelf hope is the key which inspires action.

Edited by Rishabh R

Posted (edited)

On 4/10/2024 at 1:07 PM, Rishabh R said:

No, it does not count as experience and it won't be valuable in the future. Negative experiences don't have value.

Hindi movies romanticize heartbreak and 'one-sided love' too much. It's total nonsense. 

You should focus on rising out of negativity and moving towards positivity. You're in college right now, you're very young, so you have very little opportunity to meet girls. Once you start working, though, you will have your own money and you'll be able to travel and meet a lot more people. 

P.S. To everyone else reading, we Indians have a  cultural pattern in which we glorify negativity and crappy circumstances and pain and suffering, because it 'makes us grounded/realistic' (cynical). If we tell him that 'negative experiences are valuable', he'll deliberately go out and seek out negative experiences, instead of doing something that'll improve his life! 

Edited by mr_engineer

@mr_engineer I am already working to improve my life by studying for exams, reading philosophy or self help books,doing therapy etc.

Facing heartbreak head-on and openly has lead to immense growth soon after. 

“I once tried to explain existential dread to my toaster, but it just popped up and said, "Same."“ -Gemini AI

Yes! I've gained so much growth from rejection and heartbreak. It was extremely painful, but I've been learning to become more comfortable with the pain, I almost enjoy it now, its like working out, I know that my psyche is growing.